My Hookah

tmaxxrookie

hey guys i made 3 hookahs already in 4 days and theyre holding up pretty nice. my sisters consists of(dual hose): Cut pepsi can-bowl, big glass bottle tea-vase, copper tube-arguile(spl?), and 3/16 hoses (lol petite hose for a petite person). Also some JB weld and electrical tape. my sisters boyfriends hookah is made of: a glass vase from the thrift store(used a glass drillbit to make the holes for the hoses), copper pipe, electrical tape w/ teflon tape, 1/8 in vinyl tubing, and some JB weld. my hookah was made from a dual hole(double hose hookah) novelty spongebob bottle from kings dominon(lol), copper pipe, 1/4 inch tubing(big tubing for a big boy), JB weld, a copper jellow mold for the bowl, and some electrical tape. ill post some pics of all 3 of the as i get them. they all smoke very well and are sealed very well with the teflon tape, electrical tape and JB weld. if you need some creative inpiration, feel free to PM me. thanks

QUOTE (tmaxxrookie @ Aug 10 2007, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey guys i made 3 hookahs already in 4 days and theyre holding up pretty nice. my sisters consists of(dual hose): Cut pepsi can-bowl, big glass bottle tea-vase, copper tube-arguile(spl?), and 3/16 hoses (lol petite hose for a petite person). Also some JB weld and electrical tape. my sisters boyfriends hookah is made of: a glass vase from the thrift store(used a glass drillbit to make the holes for the hoses), copper pipe, electrical tape w/ teflon tape, 1/8 in vinyl tubing, and some JB weld. my hookah was made from a dual hole(double hose hookah) novelty spongebob bottle from kings dominon(lol), copper pipe, 1/4 inch tubing(big tubing for a big boy), JB weld, a copper jellow mold for the bowl, and some electrical tape. ill post some pics of all 3 of the as i get them. they all smoke very well and are sealed very well with the teflon tape, electrical tape and JB weld. if you need some creative inpiration, feel free to PM me. thanks

word to the wise, on the inside of cans, there is a plastic liner. in other words, toxic gass if you heat it up.

QUOTE (blueyesopn @ Aug 10 2007, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (tmaxxrookie @ Aug 10 2007, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

word to the wise, on the inside of cans, there is a plastic liner. in other words, toxic gass if you heat it up.

hey thanks dude didnt know that. i guess i just need to go out and replace em with copper jello molds.

QUOTE (IceCreamCakes @ Aug 11 2007, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Copper is like the worst metal to use to build something like a hookah because it lets off very bad taste and toxic gasses from the metal

dang man u guys are breakin my heart lol...but hey man i dont have anything else to use so ya. plus im not a heavy smoker so yea. on ly every 1ce in a while.

QUOTE (IceCreamCakes @ Aug 11 2007, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Copper is like the worst metal to use to build something like a hookah because it lets off very bad taste and toxic gasses from the metal

I disagree, i have used a copper stem in all of my hookahs and aslong as you let them soak in lemon juice or hot water there is no issue what so ever.

quote from wikipedia
"All copper compounds, unless otherwise known, should be treated as if they were toxic. Thirty grams of copper sulfate is potentially lethal in humans. The suggested safe level of copper in drinking water for humans varies depending on the source, but tends to be pegged at 1.5 to 2 mg/L. The DRI Tolerable Upper Intake Level for adults of dietary copper from all sources is 10 mg/day. In toxicity, copper can inhibit the enzyme dihydrophil hydratase, an enzyme involved in haemopoiesis."

yes, i know, wikipedia isnt "a safe source" but all of the element ones are accurate and have their references cited. it goes on to say

"An inherited condition called Wilson's disease causes the body to retain copper, since it is not excreted by the liver into the bile. This disease, if untreated, can lead to brain and liver damage. In addition, studies have found that people with mental illnesses such as schizophrenia had heightened levels of copper in their systems. However it is unknown at this stage whether the copper contributes to the mental illness, whether the body attempts to store more copper in response to the illness, or whether the high levels of copper are the result of the mental illness.

Too much copper in water has also been found to damage marine life. The observed effect of these higher concentrations on fish and other creatures is damage to gills, liver, kidneys, and the nervous system. It also interferes with the sense of smell in fish, thus preventing them from choosing good mates or finding their way to mating areas."

if ingesting copper is bad for you, how bad do you think it is to be inhaling copper and adding it directly to your blood stream?

edit: nic: washing copper doesnt make the toxicity of it go away, maybe it gets rid of the metallic taste for a little, thats it. just because you've done it, doesn't mean its safe. Edited by SafeSearchOff