The BBC is Biased

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (oggie505#2 @ Aug 2 2007, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We started this mess and we need to make sure it is finished, not that it can really ever be.

at what costs? It seems to me that we are caught in the middle of an inevitable civil war. As for calling the BBC biased that is outlandish. Just because they report global affairs as opposed to only American affairs does not mean they are anti-American, they are just more open minded (people usually equate open-mindedness with liberalness). I would not be surprised if you were one who found fox news 'fair and balanced'. And if you are to make such aggressive statements, let alone start an entire thread about it at least provide ONE fact to support your argument, or ONE example. Anything really, how do you expect us to believe you otherwise? So do a favor to your credibility and Wikipedia BBC or do some Google searches and dig up some dirt before you make ultimatums.

In my opinion biased media is a good thing. Not with our current media system, mind you; with an actual "free press" system, i.e. anyone who wants to can start their own newspaper or TV station... We've given the major media corporations a monopoly on the airwaves, and they certainly can't say that they serve the public interest (which is the justification for keeping their monopoly).

And people accept the right-wing argument that the media is biased towards the left-wing because the right-wing media tells them so... And if anyone says otherwise? There's that darn left-wing bias, keeping the poor right-wing down.

And then there's the FCC...which regulates the media so well that many heads of the FCC go on to work at much higher salaries for the companies that they give the power to... The BBC is actually a great news source... Certainly puts us to shame.

And of course, hardly any one realizes this shit because instead of doing some quality investigative reporting and serving as the watchdog of those in power our media reports hard-hitting stuff like what a whore paris hilton is. Vicious circle...

And then the rest of the world hates us because Americans don't know what's going on in the world. Maybe if the news media didn't take the BS straight from the lips of government officials and put it in papers and report it as news, we would have a better idea of what's actually happening...

And then there's Bush... And our lovably corrupt Congress *cough lobbying=bribery cough*... But I think that's enough... For now, anyway.

If you want to do something about the FCC, here's a link to join a petition for deregulation of the FCC. It also has links to a lot of information about our media system.
http://civic.moveon.org/stopthefcc//