One Quick Question...

I'm looking to make a small hookah soon, and the two major recommendations for stems (that I've seen so far) are either sections of garden hose or copper piping, both of which you can probably get from your local hardware store. If anyone has any other suggestions for easily obtainable materials/objects that can be used as stems I'd be interested in hearing them as well.

Also, try this link for a decent tutorial on a makeshift hookah: http://www.smokinghookahs.com/home_made_hookah.html Edited by john_smith

QUOTE (SafeSearchOff @ Jul 20 2007, 03:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
probably not, that would be way too easy to melt. unless you have metal straws at your mcdonals.

Then you would have to pay for them LOL!!

QUOTE (nicayotte @ Jul 22 2007, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
stainless steel would be the best by far

I 2nd the stainless steel its the best option.

-H&S

i think glass would be the best if you could figure out a way to do it
im trying to draw up plans for an all glass hookah... clear, no doubt.
pyrex is my friend... so is lab equipment
if i ever get aroung to finishing it, ill post pics.

do not use anything that can melt or could give off fumes....

if you do some looking, i seem to remember a 'master list' of things that are not too good to use in hookah construction.

A simple solution for a stem inspired by our friend who made the 'Frukah' thread: Stainless steel toilet connectors: http://www.plumbersurplus.com/Cat/Toilet-Connectors/849/List
You can get them anywhere between 9" and 30" from that site for less than $5. Bargain. Or if you trawl around these hardware websites you can find plenty of decent looking solutions like http://plumbing.hardwarestore.com/51-284-s...ube-195636.aspx
Happy hunting. Edited by john_smith

To get my hookah stems i just go to my local ace hardware and go to the plumbing section, from there i can buy copper, plastic even latex hosing/piping in any feet i want, works great and is cheap. As a matter of fact 1 foot of 1/8 copper pipe is under $1!

• 3 weeks later...
LOL, Using cooper is just asking for a trip to the hospital for metal posioning. Just like using anything galvinized. Spend the extra $10-15 for Stainless or Brass tubing, or save the $10-15 dollars and add on the $500 hospital bill. laugh.gif

• 4 months later...
QUOTE (SafeSearchOff @ Jul 19 2007, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
probably not, that would be way too easy to melt. unless you have metal straws at your mcdonals.

OMG lol. if they do have metal straws i'd like to have one