Chinese Food And Drug Director Sentenced To Death

QUOTE (Big Boss @ Jun 10 2007, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (PerznPerversion @ Jun 10 2007, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Big Boss @ Jun 8 2007, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (PerznPerversion @ Jun 8 2007, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Big Boss @ Jun 8 2007, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Jamal @ Jun 5 2007, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From what I read, seems abit harsh death for accepting bribes, but hey welcome to captial punishment. dry.gif

More like "welcome to communist china"

whats wrong with communism again ?

Whats wrong with communism is that its flawed, just like every other government. That being said, in communist china the guys at the top make the rules. The government controls the people instead of the people controlling the government. Now, I dont want to get into a huge argument about capitalism vs. communism, but i dont see how you can say that people in china have just as many freedoms as people in america or canada or in europe.

i nvr said they were more free now did i ??

If Communism was actually practiced how its supposed to, it wouldnt be a shithole. Not to mention in most cases it can make a country that has potential to be a superpower actually become a superpower. Its one of the best systems out there just like democracy. Just to let you know, we arnt a full democracy in america either.. hmmm

First of all, you didn't. Communism is a good idea, but when it is implemented in the real world it goes to shit. I'm not going to sit here at my computer and tell you that Communism is the "Evil Empire" but I just cannot agree that it is good as a "true democracy", but I value my freedom above my personal safety. In my humble opinion, I would rather have my freedoms than live in a country that was on its way to becoming a new superpower and not have as many freedoms. Just my two cents.

so in exchange for us not suffering we let other people suffer to become a super power. lol If democracy can be changed to where its a "good" system then i believe communism can too. Just because some dumbass governments change communism for their own benifit doesnt mean it cant be a good system. Shit even monarchies can be good if handled by a good leader.

but If you think about it our power to smoke in public is being taken away a little at a time. Really how free are we?

Sry for thread hijacking, we should make another topic if you want to discuss this further.

QUOTE (PerznPerversion @ Jun 10 2007, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Big Boss @ Jun 10 2007, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (PerznPerversion @ Jun 10 2007, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Big Boss @ Jun 8 2007, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (PerznPerversion @ Jun 8 2007, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Big Boss @ Jun 8 2007, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Jamal @ Jun 5 2007, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From what I read, seems abit harsh death for accepting bribes, but hey welcome to captial punishment. dry.gif

More like "welcome to communist china"

whats wrong with communism again ?

Whats wrong with communism is that its flawed, just like every other government. That being said, in communist china the guys at the top make the rules. The government controls the people instead of the people controlling the government. Now, I dont want to get into a huge argument about capitalism vs. communism, but i dont see how you can say that people in china have just as many freedoms as people in america or canada or in europe.

i nvr said they were more free now did i ??

If Communism was actually practiced how its supposed to, it wouldnt be a shithole. Not to mention in most cases it can make a country that has potential to be a superpower actually become a superpower. Its one of the best systems out there just like democracy. Just to let you know, we arnt a full democracy in america either.. hmmm

First of all, you didn't. Communism is a good idea, but when it is implemented in the real world it goes to shit. I'm not going to sit here at my computer and tell you that Communism is the "Evil Empire" but I just cannot agree that it is good as a "true democracy", but I value my freedom above my personal safety. In my humble opinion, I would rather have my freedoms than live in a country that was on its way to becoming a new superpower and not have as many freedoms. Just my two cents.

so in exchange for us not suffering we let other people suffer to become a super power. lol If democracy can be changed to where its a "good" system then i believe communism can too. Just because some dumbass governments change communism for their own benifit doesnt mean it cant be a good system. Shit even monarchies can be good if handled by a good leader.

but If you think about it our power to smoke in public is being taken away a little at a time. Really how free are we?

Sry for thread hijacking, we should make another topic if you want to discuss this further.

I pretty much agree with you on this. I believe it is possible for a communist state to change for the better, but I would say that it is much more difficult. And yeah, our smoking freedoms are being taken away from us, and I strongly disagree with this current course of action. Also, many cities are banning smoking in restaraunts. I feel that since we live in a capitalist/democratic country the businesses should decided. I've even said to my friends, "We don't live in a communist country. Its the right of the business to decide what is best, not the state." Lastly, I feel that it is our right to smoke what we choose (cigarettes, cigars, pipes, hookahs, ect.)
Cheers.

QUOTE (Kae @ Jun 6 2007, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Blue Midnight @ Jun 6 2007, 02:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Kae @ Jun 5 2007, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Blue Midnight @ Jun 5 2007, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... Of course, our leaders continue to sentance our troops to death in a pointless war everyday....

No one joins the military without considering and accepting the fact that they may go to war, and die. No one is being sentenced, no one is forced to join the military in this country; they choose their profession, and they know the risks.

These soldiers are peoples children and brothers and sisters we are talking about here. Your whole "they choose their profession", blah blah, blah is just something that someone says that sounds tough, but in reality is just cold and doesn't at all consider the fact that it is our leaders who choose to go to war, not our military. These kids (who often join the military for college money) don't deserve to die on at the whims of irresponsible, chickenshit leaders who didn't serve their country when they had the chance.

Edited for excessive language:::rant off:::

Actually, 95% of the people I know are active military, I am engaged to a US soldier, and have several family members in the service. I've lived for years at Ft. Benning, the oldest and largest Army installation in the country (I just moved from there 4mos ago). I have never spoken to a soldier that agreed with you; in fact, that attitude tends to piss them off, and ask why they even bother protecting this effin' country. I prefer to base my opinions on information straight from the horses mouth, rather than based on the government regulated media that you seem to be getting your facts from. Funny, you seem to hate the gov't so much, yet you are letting them shape your opinions. Go talk to some soldiers, people that have been to Iraq, Afghanistan, etc, and make a fully informed opinion, because right now, you are coming off as completely ignorant to everyone that knows anything about how the soldiers actually feel about being out there.

My apologies to the OP for the thread-hijacking!

How about those who have been drafted into the military involuntarily in the past?

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (insidius @ Jul 10 2007, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6286698.stm

They executed him.

What do you think the punishment would have been here in the states (assuming it wasn't pardoned)?

That's a sticky question, we have so many different states and laws out there... I expect he'd be fined, maybe have to spend a few months in his mansion without leaving the property... The pardoning thing only raises as a question based on which political party he was, and how they benefitted from his bribe taking. He's a communist so would mostly likely be a democrat in this country (this isn't meant to be inflammatory, and I am not going to argue WHY he would be, so don't even go there), which means no pardon in any case. He'd be paraded as a reason why democrats are such evil people, then disappear form public life.

QUOTE (insidius @ Jul 10 2007, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6286698.stm

They executed him.

What do you think the punishment would have been here in the states (assuming it wasn't pardoned)?

Most likely life in prison, seeing that several people died because of his corruption.

edit: well, thats the punishment that I would hope to see, if it happened here in the states. Edited by Big Boss

If he was here GW would pat him on the back and say "Heckuva job Brownie" wink.gif We do have some recent examples though. Congressman Duke Cunningham (R- Ca) was the head of the congressional commitee that gives out military contracts. He was taking bribes; prostitutes, luxury vacations, limousine service, corporate jet travel and tickets to a Super Bowl.
He did this during war time. To me he should have been executed for treason because the contractor was not even qualified to be in the competition for some contracts.
When he gets out though I imagine he will get a radio show like Ollie North and G. Gordon Liddy. smile.gif