Rusted Myasaray Hose Ports

Well, first off, let me say i am a meteiculous hookah cleaner. After each smoke session i fully wash it out, dry everything, and then put it away, with a paper towel in each part to help soak up any residule water.

Well that said, for the past few months, i have not been able to use all 3 hose ports on my MyaSaray acyrlic. I found that weird, so today, before a solo smoke session i decided to take it apart, expecting to find residue from the smoke, but to my suprise, i find that the ball bearings that stop the hose ports have fully rusted over in 2 of em, and partialy in one. Add on that its starting to rust inside the hose port itself.

I mean come on, you would think since its a WATER pipe, that at least the hose ports and ball bearings would be free from rusting, but i guess not. Now theres no smoking Nessie, i gotta buy 3 friggin brand new hose ports for it before ill ever smoke it again XD A lil dent in my day XD

Makes me want to check my QT as well....

Heres a picture from my phone, dont know if you can see it, but the bearings are coverd in rust, and you can even see some rust on the grommet for one of the hose ports.

QUOTE (rootdown @ May 19 2007, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that happened to me too bro, i believe if you call MyaSaray they will send you replacement grommets/ball-bearings

I dont just need bearings and grommets, i need whole new hose ports, they are fully rusted on the inside.

I checked the QT, and its rust free. Not the hose port or purge valve have rust, hell they still look pretty. You would think that for the cost of these damn things, they could pop in an at least stainless steel coated ball bearing and host port. Sheesh..

Another picture of the rust, inside the port itself.
Edited by EvansLight

Well, you should take it completely apart every time. After that, you shouldn't leave the paper towel in there, as that is just retaining the moisture. Wipe it down with a clean paper towel and let it air dry the rest of the way. Kind of like washing your car lol.

Root, already tried. Its rusted good in the port itself, and is just going to be easier to buy a new one, i don't want to use any hardcore cleaning products.

And i shouldnt have to fully take apart the hookah after each smoke, the bearing alone should be a non rusting metal. Its just a ball bearing.

i am almost positive that it is just surface rust. take some rubbing alcohol or CLR and pour into the hose port cover both ends and shake it up for like 15 seconds.

it should come right off man, no need to buy new hose ports unless the grommet is detiorating as well

you can also use a bb or airsoft bb for the ball bearing.

but that does suck, paying that much for rust. but my hose port looks stainless to me, so try rinsing it out with one of the above and see if it comes off

• 3 weeks later...