200$ To Spend

Ok, so I have around 200$ dollars to spend not including shipping. I would like to buy fromk hookah-shisha.com. Also since I live in Sri Lanka I have no access to any supplies such as coal or tobacco here. So I need to order a big supplies of these things. I would also like to buy a new pipe. So, basically, if you were in my position what would you buy?

I would buy a moderately priced MYA hookah.

I would then load up on a couple boxes of quick light coals, and as much tobacco in as many different varities as the rest of the money would get me.

QUOTE (sebby_0 @ May 17 2007, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, so I have around 200$ dollars to spend not including shipping. I would like to buy fromk hookah-shisha.com. Also since I live in Sri Lanka I have no access to any supplies such as coal or tobacco here. So I need to order a big supplies of these things. I would also like to buy a new pipe. So, basically, if you were in my position what would you buy?

Hope this helps
Smley

QUOTE (sebby_0 @ May 17 2007, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Sebby,

I agree with Web250.... getting a moderately priced Mya hookah would be your best bet. Not only are they beautiful, but they are the best hookahs for the money. I personally recommend going with one under $120 so you can load up on tobacco, charcoals, and other accessories that you can't get locally. The more popular Mya hookahs are the QT's, Bambino's, and their acrylic line. They also carry a cloisonne line (fancy hookahs) but these will run you $150 plus, which will limit you on your tobacco and charcoal needs.

Here are some other sites that sell Mya Hookahs: hookah-life.com (use the hookah forum discount code: "hookahfrm1" to get 15% off), mnhookah.com, southsmoke.com. These sites also offer discounts to hookah forum member, please visit their threads to get more information.

Hope this helps, and good luck with your search! cool.gif

i would go with a mid range MYA, something along the lines of the Vortex($130 or 2 hose for $150), a box or two of 3 kings or golden coals($13-15 a box), and a few tubs of shisha. use the hookah forum discount and it should come out to around 200. also, right now if you spend over $200 there they throw in a free mini diva. add in all the free stuff they throw in(case, 2 50g boxes of romman, coal, etc.) and you should be set for a while.

QUOTE (sebby_0 @ May 19 2007, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any ideas about which specific tobacco brands or flavours that I should get?

personaly i choose:
Al fakher mint, grape, double apple.
Nakhla cherry, sweet melon
i heard good things about starbuzz but i live in south east asia and it's hard for me to order and it's expensive too.
Try the review section on the hookah lounge and click tobacco for more information.

OK, well here is my pretty much final order:

QTY 1
SKU Alajdad-1pack
PRODUCT Al Ajdad Coals
PRICE $9.95 $9.95

QTY 1
SKU Glyph-Double
PRODUCT Glyph (2 hose) Hookah
Glyph (2 hose) Base/Shaft Color...: silver shaft/g
Choose Romman Flavor #1...: Premium Peach
Choose Romman Flavor #2...: Premium Raspberry
PRICE $114.95 $114.95
PRODUCT SUBTOTAL: $114.95

QTY 1
SKU T-250 g
PRODUCT Tangiers Shisha 250g
Choose Tangiers 250 g flavor(s)...: orange soda
PRICE $12.95 $12.95
PRODUCT SUBTOTAL: $12.95

QTY 1
SKU hose - nammor
PRODUCT Nammor Hose
Choose Nammor Hose Color...: black
PRICE $23.95 $23.95
PRODUCT SUBTOTAL: $23.95

QTY 1
SKU AF-250g
PRODUCT Al Fakher 250 g
Choose Al Fakher 250 g Flavor(s)...: strawberry
PRICE $12.95 $12.95

QTY 1
SKU AW-250g-Jar
PRODUCT Al Waha 250 g (jar)
Al Waha 250 g (jar) Flavor(s)...: after nine (mint
PRICE $8.95 $8.95
PRODUCT SUBTOTAL: $8.95

QTY 1
SKU AW-50g-variety
PRODUCT Al Waha 50 g Variety Pack
Choose Al Waha 50 g Flavor #1...: cola
Choose Al Waha Flavor #2...: orange cream (orange/
Choose Al Waha Flavor #3...: orange cream (orange/
PRICE $6.45 $6.45
PRODUCT SUBTOTAL: $6.45

QTY 1
SKU AF-250g
PRODUCT Al Fakher 250 g
Choose Al Fakher 250 g Flavor(s)...: banana
PRICE $12.95 $12.95

QTY 1
SKU Bowl-Unglazed
PRODUCT Mod Bowl (discounted)
PRICE $2.95 $2.95

QTY 1
SKU Bowl-Discounted
PRODUCT Clay Bowl (discounted)
PRICE $1.95 $1.95

QTY 1
SKU HosePlug
PRODUCT Hose Plug
PRICE $1.95 $1.95$1.95

Everyone like the selctions? Should I order anything else? Edited by sebby_0

QUOTE (Officer Rod Farva @ May 26 2007, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow. My tobacco in Sri Lanka...awesome. It still boggles my mind to think of Germans smoking it! Speaking German, perhaps smoking the same flavor I am...It is a great compliment, thank you.

Haha, smokers in germany love tangiers, although most of them are too soft for it wink.gif

trick is dont be stingy... load that sucker up w/ a ton of shisha (tangiers, that is of course)

Oh... combo bowl =/ ... didn't really care for it. wind cover latch gets annoyingly hot, with the cover down makes too much heat, with it off its just a normal mod bowl... also u will need a thicker grommet for the mod bowl, which H-S doesn't include, or maybe mine was just missing.

I'd just stick to the normal MYA bowl for everything besides tangiers.
Tangiers get a medium funnel bowl.

G/L =)

*edit*

sry if this came off kind of negative towards H-S, they are really good. I would recommend them =) Edited by aldonb1

QUOTE (Hookah-Shisha Central @ May 27 2007, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whats the trick?

with tangiers you can't be modest with the shisha.
from the man himself (tangiers....)

Here's my tips on smoking Tangiers Well:

1. Open package, empty tobacco and juice into clean container. Squeeze as much juice as you can into cointainer.

2. Let acclimate for a day. (Optional)

3. Stir tobacco and juice well.

4. Lay tobacco in bowl. Don't spread it, separate it or mash it down! The density of the tobacco in the tub is the density the tobacco should be in the bowl as opposed to most brands that are ground up smaller that you have to separate out in the bowl (spread it out in the bowl).

5. Add foil/screen. More airflow is better. I like to use a 100 or so squarish holes formed by a seafood fork. Don't use something like a pushpin or needle. Two 1/4" holes don't allow as much air through as one 1/2" hole (not that you should be putting holes that big in the foil....just a rule to be understood).

6. Invert the bowl and, while holding the foil/screen so it doesn't blow off, blow through the hole that will be connected to the hookah. The air should pass through easily , not effortlessly, it should feel like there is something in there (The tobacco).

7. Put bowl on hookah. For a large Tangiers bowl, I use about 1 33mm 3 Kings quicklight (broken into thirds or quarters and then lit, individually) or four Japanese style coals.

Most common problems why Tangiers doesn't smoke right:

a. Too little tobacco in the bowl...makes the smoke thin and harsh.

b. Too few holes in the foil (not an issue with a screen)...also makes the smoke thin and harsh.

c. Too much charcoal...flavor dies quickly or smokes harshly and then dies...use less charcoal.

If you're getting good smoke, but its harsh, take some charcoal off. If you aren't getting much smoke, its too little tobacco or too few a holes in the foil.

The tobacco will smoke a little harsh for the first five minutes or so frequently, but once the bowl gets up to temperature, the whole thing will smooth out into smoking mode.