Footie Thread!

QUOTE (ioannisds @ May 19 2007, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
GODDAMNIT.

tongue.gif

On the bright side, you still have the Premiershop trophy to celebrate about.

I'm just thankful Chelsea won today or else I would never hear the end of it from my Utd friends.

QUOTE (Gaara @ May 20 2007, 02:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ioannisds @ May 19 2007, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
GODDAMNIT.

tongue.gif

On the bright side, you still have the Premiershop trophy to celebrate about.

I'm just thankful Chelsea won today or else I would never hear the end of it from my Utd friends.

Yeah thank god Chelsea won the match hehe My friends always think that MAN UTD is unbeatable but this proft hi wrong. Sorry for all the Man utd fans better luck next time peace ole ole ole smile.gif

QUOTE (Xanas @ May 18 2007, 03:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rugby and Aussie Rules Football are both great to watch. Unfortunately, not alot of people outside Australia watch Aussie Rules.

Aussie ALL BLACK rules i like them. Agressive wink.gif

weird ass europeans FOOTBALL is played with a weird ovalish shaped thing and SOCCER is a bunch of people kicking a inflated sphere around and then getting pissed off and headbutting people at the world cup. And I can say all of this because Im an American, and I love my country *sob*

QUOTE (Jamal @ Jun 5 2007, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (theghost @ Jun 5 2007, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On the Fiiiiiiiiiiiiields of Anfield Rooooooooooooooooad

Roll on Eto'o, Malouda, and Simao.

Eto'o's been linked to everyone, his also a target for Manchester United along side Torres tongue.gif

After spending 52 million on 3 players, they won't be in for either.

QUOTE (theghost @ Jun 5 2007, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Jamal @ Jun 5 2007, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (theghost @ Jun 5 2007, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On the Fiiiiiiiiiiiiields of Anfield Rooooooooooooooooad

Roll on Eto'o, Malouda, and Simao.

Eto'o's been linked to everyone, his also a target for Manchester United along side Torres tongue.gif

After spending 52 million on 3 players, they won't be in for either.

We need a striker though, Saha & Rooney are great but both are injury prone and Alan Smith ain't exactly the best striker.

Soccer's a great dynamic sport. I don't follow organized nationalistic competetive sports, I think the only sports people should follow are the ones we play ourselves. Soccer is high-injury but I think you can benefit a lot and get good coordination and fitness from it.

I play a lot of footbag and like practicing it with a soccer ball too, it has a much higher impact, specially if you weigh your legs down with ankle weights.

Even though Utd spent 52 mil. so far, I still think they'll go for another striker.

Shame we've only got a polish goalkeeper so far. Maybe Wenger will pull a magic out of his hat and the Henry rumours can finally stop.

Man Utd fan here! Liverpool absolutely kills me! They play mediocre soccer in league play yet somehow always manage to pull it out in tournaments. How on earth do they do it? I mean how on earth were they in the Champions league final with a 4th place (i think?) place in the league. I guess it doesn't matter how they do it, good for them that they somehow can do it.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't watch it all that much.. usually just the World Cup, but I love the game. smile.gif I just never have much time to catch games.. but you better believe I will be sitting there watching the finals of the World Cup!

I enjoy both football and American football. I'm a big world cup fan, some games just get boring during exhibition play though. I've played both sports as well as some rugby and I'm going to have to say rugby takes the cake when it comes to testosterone and muscle. American football though is very methodical and strategic, you don't really notice it until higher levels of the sport. Late high school you start to get a taste of the strategic side, but up to that point its all Punt, Pass, Run, Tackle, Block.

I enjoy all the sports for their own reasons, but I do prefer American Football and Rugby over footie.