Footie Thread!

Wonder if there are other fans of football (soccer)? Proud gooner here....bad season for us though sad.gif.

Congrats Man Utd by the way. Don't think I want to watch the West Ham match when Shrek lifts the trophy.

i'm a hardore liverpool fan cheers oggie 'YOu'll never walk alone' and i salute MAn UTD ole ole ole peace keep smoking shisha \m/

QUOTE (newsman @ May 8 2007, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, we got Beckham. Too bad it's on the down side of his career. Still, he's probably better than any other player we have...

Can't believe they're paying him 250 million for 5 yrs....plus 35 million a yr for sponsorship deals. He's way his past and don't think he'll make the game here anymore popular than it is now.

QUOTE (The King @ May 9 2007, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome... screw soccer, what a boring sport, american football is what its about

American football is great if you're into homo-eroticism. Men in really tight pants patting each other on the ass and jumping into large dogpiles of other men... I think you get the picture... Seriously though, a study showed that, in a typical american football game, the ball is in play only about twelve minutes. That's not a lot of action. In soccer the clock is not often stopped, and if there is, time is added to the end of the game. Furthermore, the ball is almost constantly in motion. How is that boring? King, at 17, you need to spout off a little less and learn to listen a little more...

QUOTE (newsman @ May 9 2007, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (The King @ May 9 2007, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome... screw soccer, what a boring sport, american football is what its about

American football is great if you're into homo-eroticism. Men in really tight pants patting each other on the ass and jumping into large dogpiles of other men... I think you get the picture... Seriously though, a study showed that, in a typical american football game, the ball is in play only about twelve minutes. That's not a lot of action. In soccer the clock is not often stopped, and if there is, time is added to the end of the game. Furthermore, the ball is almost constantly in motion. How is that boring? King, at 17, you need to spout off a little less and learn to listen a little more...

You can't honestly think that soccer has more "action" then football. All it is two teams kicking a ball back and forth with barely any excitement... Its the most repetitive sport in the world, I'd rather watch golf then soccer...

Guys, this isn't a thread for bashing football. It's fine if you don't like it (since most members here are American) but try to be open minded that others might enjoy the game (hence why it's the most popular sport in the world).

Wonderin' where all the UK guys are. Edited by Gaara

QUOTE (Gaara @ May 10 2007, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys, this isn't a thread for bashing football. It's fine if you don't like it (since most members here are American) but try to be open minded that others might enjoy the game (hence why it's the most popular sport in the world).

+1 to that

QUOTE (ioannisds @ May 10 2007, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Football, the real kind, owns all. Man. Utd. fan here. Please don't throw poo on me. laugh.gif

Wonder if Chelsea are capable of stopping United from achieving a double this season. Seeing their hunger to win admirably when they played us with 10 men, I'll have my money on them.

Will Ferdinand be back for the final?

Hank Hill said it best when he said that soccer was invented by European women to keep themselves busy while they were waiting on their husbands to finish knitting sweaters.

Something to that affect!

I am only kidding though. Playing soccer well takes a whole lot more effort than what I have ever exerted in my entire life. To knock American-football is just to have a particular envy that resonates with other masculine comparative dysfunctions.

I will say this... when a man gets hit by a 90+mph pitch in baseball, he walks to first base without even flinching or rubbing his shoulder. A soccer player has someone slide-kick within 10 feet of him and he spends the next 3 minutes rolling around on the ground crying foul and demanding a free kick. Even though he is "injured." Bahahahha!

Also, I have a Soccer Jersey.

But it is for Mario Super Strikers. wink.gif

The thing I can appreciate most from Soccer culture is hooliganism.

QUOTE (Gaara @ May 10 2007, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Football, the real kind, owns all. Man. Utd. fan here. Please don't throw poo on me. laugh.gif

Wonder if Chelsea are capable of stopping United from achieving a double this season. Seeing their hunger to win admirably when they played us with 10 men, I'll have my money on them.

I have no doubt. I got the impression that he sat on the bench with Scholes and Rooney just because that game didn't really matter, and Ferguson wanted to save them for the FA. And yeah, as much as I hate to say it, I think Chelsea just wants it more. Or at least they play like they do.

QUOTE (ioannisds @ May 11 2007, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Gaara @ May 10 2007, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have no doubt. I got the impression that he sat on the bench with Scholes and Rooney just because that game didn't really matter, and Ferguson wanted to save them for the FA. And yeah, as much as I hate to say it, I think Chelsea just wants it more. Or at least they play like they do.

So with Vidic also back, Utd will have a fully fit squad, eh? Something we could never manage all season long.

QUOTE (Gaara @ May 7 2007, 06:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wonder if there are other fans of football (soccer)? Proud gooner here....bad season for us though sad.gif.

Congrats Man Utd by the way. Don't think I want to watch the West Ham match when Shrek lifts the trophy.

WEST HAM BEAT MAN U hahhaha I laughed my ass off, and celebrated alot

o and to answer your question im a lyon fan. Edited by [LB]

QUOTE ([LB] @ May 16 2007, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Gaara @ May 7 2007, 06:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wonder if there are other fans of football (soccer)? Proud gooner here....bad season for us though sad.gif .

WEST HAM BEAT MAN U hahhaha I laughed my ass off, and celebrated alot

o and to answer your question im a lyon fan.

True but they got the last laugh by winning the title. The way Giggs and Neville celebrated was so passionless though; as if it was just another day.

By the way, we'll be taking Malouda from you guys during the summer biggrin.gif .