Midwest Meetup

24 members have voted

1. 1. What date should we have this thing?

• End of May
    • Beginning of June
    • End of June
    • Beginning of July
    • End of July
    • Beginning of August
    • End of August

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
alright since its a month away and it looks like it is between fumare and dhuwan i am going to start a new topic with a poll. the poll will be open for the next three weeks and then we will decide on a time Edited by ASUSEAN1

I still vote for the end of July. More people get back from overseas then, not to mention I'll be 21 at that point. And I still have to figure out how I'm going to get there without use of the parent's car sad.gif

I can go w/ that time frame I think blink.gif

As for transpo, what about bus/train?

Someone could pick you up from there maybe? (Any unmarried volunteers? biggrin.gif)

QUOTE (Allia22 @ Mar 30 2007, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still vote for the end of July. More people get back from overseas then, not to mention I'll be 21 at that point. And I still have to figure out how I'm going to get there without use of the parent's car sad.gif

ROFL Check to see where Fremont, WI is. Also for giggles, check the population. It's not a pretty thing sad.gif I'm hoping to pay my parents to rent a car for me (dunno if the age to do that is 21 or 25, but at any rate I'm not that old yet, another reason I'm pushing for the end of July). And in case my connection in Chicago can't help me out, I'll need a place to crash.

Yeah Fremont I would love it up there (when no tornadoes, snowstorms, etc biggrin.gif), I like the outdoors (never get to go though too much other stuff sad.gif)
Not too far from where I went to summer camp a long time ago in a galaxy far away...

If you can get to Appleton or Oshkosh, you can take Greyhound or Amtrak to get to Chicago biggrin.gif Can you get someone to drop you off / pic you up @ each end?

QUOTE (Allia22 @ Mar 31 2007, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ROFL Check to see where Fremont, WI is. Also for giggles, check the population. It's not a pretty thing sad.gif I'm hoping to pay my parents to rent a car for me (dunno if the age to do that is 21 or 25, but at any rate I'm not that old yet, another reason I'm pushing for the end of July). And in case my connection in Chicago can't help me out, I'll need a place to crash.

Ah, we're having some wonderful thunderstorms right now. The more violent, the better, until lightning strikes a black walnut tree your grandma planted (we got 2 rocking chairs with footrests, along with a giant wood... thing... that displays how many rings it got before it got destroyed out of that one) and another tree right in front of the house that was planted after my Grandpa died. That one knocked out the cable when we had it. It was rough, I love my idiot box.

Camping with the Girl Scouts... good times happy.gif lol, I hated doing my own dishes then, now it's my job to wash other peoples' sad.gif

ANYWAY... Amtrak and Greyhound may be necessary for me. My mom just popped over my shoulder and read the screen, I explained what was going on (again), and all she said was "I don't want you going to Chicago!" Ugh. Time to try and get support from Dad... He might understand the fact that I'm one of the main people trying to shove this thing along.

The joys of the upper midwest...

I used to have a who lived up in New London, WI -- he used to take the amtrak shuttle to Milwaukee and xfer to the train into Chi. So it's not too hard to do.

By the way -- as I'm new to this forum, is the midwest meetup open to all, or just those who have been in the planning all this time? I'd love to meet up with (more or less) local hookah lovers...

edit: hell yes, guess hookah is fly as hell.

Chicagoan and Hookahforum OG checking in. I vote chicago because its the only city in the midwest not chalk-full of bumpkins. tongue.gif Edited by Lukasa

QUOTE (mcknight @ Apr 4 2007, 05:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think we should see if we can rent out guess hookah or some place down town. It'll be close to union station if ppl decide to take the train, and everyone knows where the city is wink.gif.

it would be to hard to rent out guess hookah that is why we decided between dhuwan hookah (they have a location right outside the city in morton grove, one in the west suburbs, plus they will have two locations in the city by summer. It's my friends hookah bar, good guys) or we will have it at fumare hookah lounge (west suburbs of chicago. He is a part of the forum) Make sure you guys vote on the location in the other thread

here is the link Edited by ASUSEAN1