4 Key Points To Getting Your Hookah To Hit Well.

*Please note this is just information that i have figured out from experiences im not saying change your hookah methods this are minor tips. Please feel free to add more tips. Thank you*

1. How you pack the bowl
When packing the bowl be sure not to pound the shisha into the bowl trying to get as much as you can in. Pack it semi full but make sure its loosely. I usually take the tongs and swish the shisha around making it loose. The looser it is the more air goes to the coal creating bigger hits.

2. Water Level
When pouring your choice of substance into the base remember not to go 2 far above the bottom the stem. If its to full more then likely u will pull more crap through the hose including water sad.gif if you like to add ice to the base you might want to compensate for when the ice melts... the water level will rise.

3. Heat
This depends on the bowl. Some bowls are large and some bowls are small. One of my hookahs i have a bowl thats male and its very small. 1 of the large 3 kings quick lites fit perfectly for the bowl. For larger bowls you might wanna break up the coals into smaller pieces 3-4 max. If your taking in big hits every 7 or so hits move the coals around to make sure it burns evenly. If your using natural coals a wind cover is a must due to the fact they lose heat quicker then the quick lites.

4. Leaks
If you are using aftermarket grommets or hoses or bowls be sure that everything is sealed and doesn't leak. If you have a 3 hose hookah and your using 1 hose only put rubber stoppers in the other ones to make sure it doesnt leak. One of my other hookahs is a 3 hose Syrian hookah and usually me and my friend smoke out of it leaving one of the hoses not used. We duck taped the hole where the hose goes in but it still leaks. I will be ordering some rubber stoppers so it doesn't leak.

Enjoy your Hookah. Edited by Hookah Master

QUOTE (SanguineSolitude @ Dec 15 2006, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
believe it or not... there have been tons of how to setup hookahs, most more precise and helpful than this one (not that its that bad) that we've had

maybei ll search and ressurect one.

Well obviously, we should pick the most experienced and most knowledgeable smokers to compile the FAQ. This is going to have to be a labor of love, but in the end, we can all bask in the knowledge we have learned, and the gratification of future hookha smokers. Edited by Zerodynamic

Wouldn't the ice melting cause the water level to drop? I've only ever smoked in a hookah lounge (still contemplating the purchase of a proper hookah), but if I make a glass of ice water and let it sit around until the ice melts the level goes down not up. Do you put the ice somewhere other than in the H2O?

QUOTE (rattler @ Dec 14 2006, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wouldn't the ice melting cause the water level to drop? I've only ever smoked in a hookah lounge (still contemplating the purchase of a proper hookah), but if I make a glass of ice water and let it sit around until the ice melts the level goes down not up. Do you put the ice somewhere other than in the H2O?

no ice is water, right? So when it melts the same mass is in the water, just now its warmed up so its not soild and dispursed with the water in the base. You can buy an ice chamber for about $15, but its a different setup than merely putting ice into a base.

Ice in the water simply makes for a cooler smoke and condenses the glycerin so give you a thicker smoke. Yes , ice is water... but it takes up a larger volume when it freezes , thus , logically , a smaller one when it melts , which means you will have a small drop of your water line , but it shoudn't be a problem compared to the satisfaction of cool smoke.

um zero. maybe you didnt learn this but hes correct. ice freezes less densely than in its liquid phase. as in there are air bubbles and it takes up more space than water. why do sodas burst in the freezer? etc. therefore when it thaws it reduces in volume.

and yeah you can buy ice chambers... but most people say the effect isnt much more than putting ice in the base.

Sorry I should have quoted the text that brought up my question. In post #1 Hookah Master said
2. Water Level
When pouring your choice of substance into the base remember not to go 2 far above the bottom the stem. If its to full more then likely u will pull more crap through the hose including water sad.gif if you like to add ice to the base you might want to compensate for when the ice melts... the water level will rise.

And I just wanted to make sure that the ice was actually supposed to go in the water like I thought, or if it went somewhere else.

QUOTE (SanguineSolitude @ Dec 14 2006, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
um zero. maybe you didnt learn this but hes correct. ice freezes less densely than in its liquid phase. as in there are air bubbles and it takes up more space than water. why do sodas burst in the freezer? etc. therefore when it thaws it reduces in volume.

and yeah you can buy ice chambers... but most people say the effect isnt much more than putting ice in the base.

I stand corrected. rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (SanguineSolitude @ Dec 14 2006, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just to be super-extra-nitpickey, it doesn't really have to do with air bubbles - note that water is the only liquid that freezes into a solid with lower density than the liquid. This is because of the specific way that water molecules bond to each other in ice.