Cleopatra Reviews

mushrat

Post your reviews below for Cleopatra Flavours. Questions and comments should be posted in seperate threads. Non-review posts or parts of posts deemed not part of the review will be edited out by Mods. For ease of using the search engine, each review should start with:Cleopatra (flavour)

Shisha Brand: Cleopatra Molasses Grapes

Smell/Flavor: Smells fantastic: Fruity Grape smell. However, severely wanting in taste. Good as a beginner's tobacco.

Cut: Small/Medium cut

Smoke: Normal

Buzz: None

Hookah Type: Single-hose traditional Jordanian with glass base

Bowl: Regular Egyptian bowl

Foil/Screen: Single Aluminium foil

Coal/Amount: 3 pieces of small/medium charcoal

Liquid in Base: Water

Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10): 4

• 1 year later...
Cleopatra coconut

Smell: Smells like coconut

Cut: small-ish cut

Smoke: not too thick, the one disappointment. its ok though...

Buzz: light, nothing super strong

Taste: really good coconut taste. strong taste through out the session

Setup: standard 29" egyptian, normal bowl, three hosees

Overall: 3.5/5 - great taste, no harshness, could have some more smoke (although, taste is the most important factor). my friend gave this to me after he broke his hookah and i am actually reallt satisfied (great for a free 250g box).

• 2 months later...
Coconut

Smell/Flavor: Strong coconut. Made my place smell like coconut for a day after airing it out--smoked it outside.

Cut: Small cut

Smoke: Fairly thick.

Buzz: Very strong. Strongest I've ever had--I usually smoke Layalina or Dreams.

Hookah Type: Mya QT

Bowl: Mya

Foil/Screen: Single Aluminium foil

Coal/Amount: 2 Japanese

Liquid in Base: Coconut Milk

Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10): 7. Good, thick, flavorful smoke, but the after-effects were just too much for me.

Picked up a 50g box for $2.50 from my local shop. Smoked it twice. The coconut milk really brought out the flavor and is probably what made the smoke extra thick. Headache inducing strong. The first time, after about an hour of smoking, I got up and had a huge head rush. I needed to lie down for 5 minutes to calm down. Woke up with a pounding headache that went away fairly quickly. The second time, it was better, but I still woke up with a minor headache. Keep in mind the box says 5% nicotine. Would've been a ten for value, flavor, and smoke, but I had to take away because it was just too powerful.

Grape

Smell: Smells just like grapes. Very fruity, but similar to Starbuzz smell. 9/10

Cut: Like Starbuzz, only twice as juicy: small cut, some small stems, super red and super juicy. 8.5/10

Hookah Type: KM Parad-ice

Bowl: Tangier's large phunnel

Foil/Screen: Reynold's heavy duty

Coal/Amount: 3 Belgian 40mm's

Flavor: Tasted great. Just like grapes. Something like Starbuzz and Fakher mixed together. SUPER POTENT however. Very overpowering. 8/10

Smoke: Nice thick clouds when at it's peak, wimpy when it was getting started. 8/10

Buzz: It was crazy. I had a smile glued on my face for an hour... couldn't stand up. It was a really fun buzz. Definitely not a regular session shisha, but it's great. 10/10

Overall : 8.5/10 Wimpy smoke sometimes, overpowering flavor, crazy buzz. Only something you'd smoke with your friends to get messed up on.

Mint

Smell: Pure bliss. Like freshly crushed mint mixed with vanilla ice cream. You could pass out to this smell. 10/10

Cut: Like Starbuzz and Layalina mint mixed together. Leafy, green, small cut. Some small stems. 8.5/10

Hookah Type: KM Parad-ice

Bowl: Tangier's large phunnel

Foil/Screen: Reynold's heavy duty

Coal/Amount: 3 Belgian 40mm's

Flavor: Super powerful mint. Almost like getting a brain freeze. Very, very cool. Personally I think it's great. 10/10

Smoke: Nice thick clouds when at it's peak, wimpy when it was getting started. 8/10

Buzz: Actually not much more powerful than the grape, except it feels much nicer than the grape. Very down to earth, chill feel. 10/10

Overall: Really great mint. The smell is one of the best parts. Not for the unexperienced/hookah smokers who don't like in-your-face tastes. Of course, Cleopatra isn't like that anyway. 9.5/10 Would be 10 if the smoke could be thicker. Edited by Revenant

• 1 month later...
Cleopatra Apple

Hookah: Mini Mya
Bowl: Small Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Social Smoke Washable
Base Liquid: Water
Coals: Coconaras

Appearance:
Small Fluffy cut, looks like a cheap Tangiers Cut soaked Red Dye
Smell: Heavy on the Anise
Taste: Totally anise!!! Didn't Taste Apple until after 15 minute break in the after taste.
Smoke: Average clouds
Duration: 15 minutes...all I could take.

Purchased From: hookah1.com

Overall:
1/10 This flavor was so awful it had no redeeming factors for me. Threw away the rest of the box. I wouldn't give to my worst enemy. I have had double and triple apple with less anise flavor

• 7 months later...
Cleopatra Strawberry

Hookah: jhanzair habitat tongue.gif
Bowl: Regular egyptian/vortex mod/phunnel mod (tried the three of them)
Screen/Foil: Continente (heavy duty foil, 2 layers twisted on the egyptian, 1 layer on the others)
Hose: Regular washable hose
Coals: 5 Stars (Quick Lites)

Appearance:
Small cut, quite similar to Nakhla in appearence actually
Smell: Extremely intense, borderline disgusting
Taste: Way overpowering at first, very annoying. After a while loses a bit of the taste/ sweetness, but doesn't become any more enjoyable.
Smoke: Not too dense, thinner than Nakhla.
Buzz: Regular unwashed tobacco buzz.
Duration: About 45 minutes in a small bowl.

Purchased From: Local vendor

Overall:
3/10 - Not my favorite tobacco definitely, but somewhat enjoyable when mixed with Nakhla banana in a 6:1 ratio. Any more than that and it becomes unbearable. I still have most of it lying around somewhere :/

Cleopatra Sweet Melon

Hookah: jhanzair habitat tongue.gif
Bowl: Regular egyptian
Screen/Foil: Continente (heavy duty foil, 1 layer)
Hose: Regular washable hose
Coals: 5 Stars (Quick Lites)

Appearance:
Small cut, quite similar to Nakhla in appearence actually
Smell: Extremely intense, borderline disgusting. It has a bitter smell to it too. It is so intense that, left in a ziplock bag, made all my boxes reek of its smell for ages :x
Taste: Tastes like a very low quality version of Nakhla sweet melon. It's sweet in a disgusting way, and has a fake annoying taste to it. After a while loses a bit of the taste/ sweetness, but doesn't become any more enjoyable.
Smoke: Not too dense, thinner than Nakhla.
Buzz: Regular unwashed tobacco buzz.
Duration: About 45 minutes in a small bowl.

Purchased From: Local vendor

Overall:
3/10 - I still remember its smell, and it makes me sick. A friend of mine somewhat enjoyed it though (he's not an expert in shisha though, he smokes practically anything that you put in front of him)

Note: used Stuie's template, hope you don't mind smile.gif Edited by jhanzair

• 4 weeks later...
Cleopatra Mint

Setup
: KM Trimetal 32', nammor hose, medium phunnels
Coals: first bowl i used some coconaras, second bowl i used three kings 40 mm (3 cocos, 3 halves)
First Impression: pretty finely cut, looked alot like tonic, cept had a very noticable red tint.
Smell: Compared to alot of other mints out there i would have to say that this mint was not really that good. it really reminded me of menthol.
Taste: Tasted like almost a candy mint that was bitter. first bowl i wasnt sure if it was my coals or not, so i switch the coals and bowl, and sure enough it was still pretty shit.
Smoke: nothing special
Duration: maybe twenty minutes total, it was kinda nasty

Overall:
3/10 the only saving grace fo this tobacco is that it is dirt cheap locally(6.99 a 250). i honestly heard alot of good things about this tobacco and it fell way below my expectations. if i could give a recomendation it would be to buy af mint or tangiers mint instead because this shit sucks.

CHERRY..

Setup: mordern hookah
Smell: like cherry ( not a really strong nice cherry smell tho)
Taste: Little like cherry off the first few pulls then it went to not soo good cherry
Smoke: ok not great
Buzz: tiny little one for a few

Overall: 3/10 not a good buzz and the taste wasnt very good during the middle of sesh Edited by HippieB.A.M.

• 3 years later...
Cleopatra Grape

Pipe: Elmas 639
Bowl: Elmas standard issue 
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Elmas
Coals: 3 Razans
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Similar to nakhla but more densely packaged and smaller pieces.
Nicotine: No idea.
Smell: Like no other grape tobacco.  Very fruity and candyish - very interesting indeed!
Taste: My friend said it tasted like Smarties and by God he's right.  Sort of like the purplish smarties - sweet, sour, grape? Not sure, but very nice without being cloying, quite refreshing.  Strong flavor but very light feeling, sort of like Havana Rawan but with more flavor and less tart.
Smoke: Standard non super-juicy mu'assal smoke - think Nakhla clouds but MUCH lighter in character/texture.   
Buzz: Not much
Duration: 2 rounds of coals

Purchased From: Hookah1

Overall: 9/10. I don't know if I'd call it grape as opposed to sour grape candy, but it's a hell of a nice change from the AF/Mizo/Tangiers grapes which I'm not a huge fan of.  The flavor is intense but the smoke is light in quality (not in volume), which is a nice feature.  Cleopatra is made in the same factory and is essentially the same tobacco as Salloum, who seem to make quality stuff across the board - this is no exception.

• 1 year later...

Cleopatra ChocoMint

Hookah:
 Al Fakher Small Solid
Bowl: Alien Phunnel Mini
Screen/Foil: Standard Al Foil, 3 layers
Hose: Razan Washable hose
Coals: Cocobrico, the cubic ones
Base Liquid: Water and ice

Appearance: Short Cut, Several stems, little red juice ( i was expecting a juicy shisha but this is not the case )
Base: Honey & Glycerin
Smell: Smells like fresh mint with some quality chocolates.
Taste: It tastes like minty chocolates. It's like you are eating Aftereights ( http://www.asiacouriers.com/worldwide/chocopics/aftereight.jpg )
Smoke: Good smoke ! Almost great
Buzz: Medium 
Duration: 1 hour and 20 minutes

Purchased From: a local vendor. the owner of the shop sold me 250 grams ( 5 packs of 50 grams each ) of this shisha for 10 RON ( almost 3,5 $ ). So it was a great offer.

Overall: 9/10 Great Flavor, especially for those who love minty chocolates. I am not a big fan of minty flavors but i must admit : This shisha is great ! great smell, great taste ! It's a MUST try in my opinion ! 

A little advice for n00bs ( just like me ) : don't use your favorite hose ! Even though it's a washable one, the minty smell will be hard to remove.