Emo kids and the hookah

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never understood that whole Goth or moody lifestyle..... when it first started up in the 80's it made sense.... it was a way to be different.... the rest of us didnt understand it and that was ok..... because we werent supposed to identify with the difference.

Now its just trendy...... and I see the attitude of it as competetive..... who can be the darkest. The originality of it is lost.

The life is self chosen path. so if you want to be all morbid and a downer..... its your own fault.... Im not gonna give you any attention over it. No "boo-hoo's" here.

the gripe with the kids into this has been "Society doesnt accept me". Well. if you would quit pulling yourself away from it.. and take a shower sometimes as well as wash your clothes and comb your hair..... you might actually get a job..... make a freind or two..... and have some respect that comes naturally with the abhoration of self loathing.

Anyone remember the sketch on SNL? the little dude that worked at "Cinnabons"?

Shit. that was rather opinionated of me, huh?

well lakemonster your right, its a bunch of bullshit, i hate the emos and all there crazy shit! i listen so some "emo" music but i dont dress like a idiot, be dirty, and cry about my life, i keep that between me and the music.

I won't lie Lake, that burned a little :(

I really don't find myself to be all THAT bad!

I at least had the good taste to jopke about the subject, as most Goths really will. I think this things starting to get blown a little out of proportion.

Ok, I just have to say it. Why the fuck would anyone want to label themselves as this or that? I mean, seriously, these guys need to grow the fuck up. How utterly idiotic to think that one's self can be lumped into a four or three letter word. Do you really want to be thought of in that way?

Just be whoever the fuck you want to be, listen to whatever the fuck you want to listen to, dress in whatever, eat whatever, sleep with whatever. If you want to say "I'm goth" or "I'm emo" and let that define you, go right the fuck ahead. Look at what labeling yourselves like this has done. If people weren't stupid enough to say "I know! Let's call it emo!", do you guys actually think we would have a thread like this? Or the people who hate emo/goth/vampires/smurfs/douchebags? It's much much easier to throw some hatred at a single word than an individual. You would never see a thread "Kids who wear tight clothes, complaining about their miserable lives, with stupid hair and annoying music who cut themselves and hookah." Never, ever, ever. These people and people like them have brought it upon themselves.

Oh, and Dragonsmettle, change your avatar back. Who give a shit if you like anime? And further who gives a shit if someone else on the board makes fun of it? Do your own thing dude, fuck everyone else. I watch Antiques Roadshow for Christ's sake.

And what Lakemonster said.

I honestly do respect all your opinions, wether I agree with them or not, and in no way do I hold any of you in a different light, just to make THAT clear.

On a Side note, Dragonsmettle, was your old avvie from Trinity Blood? Cause it looked a great deal like that kickass Cyborg whos name I can't remember. (I think we all know that Abel is KING)

who cares. let them bitch and moan because life sucks because they got a used benz instead of a new one for their 16th bday and no one understands them and they just wanna cut themselves all day and die. they dress like idiots but they dont bother me. to each their own. SMOKE A BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know this thread was just for fun, but im tired of hearing people diss something they dont know about. Seriously, just try it out. tell you the truth i dont say "im emo" be cause that is the stupidest work ever. And for all the people saying "emos" as a noun, learn english. Emo is a genre of music not a person. that like me calling you technos or countrys. Before you start dissing people learn something about the culture/way they think instead of shitting out of your mouth.

dont assume that everyone here doesnt know whats up. I used to be "goth", wear the clothes and chains and what have you, and have battled depression and was cutter for years before it was the "in thing". But guess what, i wasnt proud of being a cutter, i dont flaunt the shit in order to get some stupid girl to feel sorry for me....that fucking bullshit makes me sick. I'm sure there are some kids out there that really are battling depression and other demons but the majority do it cause its a fad, and a fad that i cant wait to see go away.

[quote name='No Show'][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25HUJ6BlTU8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25HUJ6BlTU8[/url]

that is all.[/quote]

Holy crap that is the funniest thing I have heard/seen all week! You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Is being emo/an emo/emoish (whatever) any stranger than getting dressed up and goin' to church? I don't think so. Its a way of life, its no more strange than anything else. It might be popular to be an emo hater, and I've never been anywhere near a white belt, short of watching "WKRP in Cincinnati" as reruns, but I don't think its nice to make fun of people for the way they dress or the kind of music they listen to. If I thought it was OK, I'd make fun of those Mormon underoos.

ok, i finally read this thread...had to ask for some groups to listen to in the chat...and i must say...
the music, in my personal opinion, sucks. And I'm a fan of certain goth/industrial type music...but this stuff is just whining like the early grunge (nirvana) with a self destructive edge..oh wait..ole kurt had that too...

Looks to me like its an attempt to get attention, while claiming they want to be left alone to suffer..."look at me...but don't look at me!" kinda thing. But hey...I get dressed up in armour and fight and wear medieval clothes on weekends so what do I know? :wink:

I think too many people in this thread are judgemental and overgeneralize. They want everyone to fit into their itemplate for the normal human being and it's ridiculous. Humans are far too complex to wrap under any norm. If people like to wear their "sisters pants" let them. Its only because youve been taught that wearing your sisters pants is not normal that you find it so offensive. I know you are saying its just your opinion and you're just poking fun. But why is poking at the lifestyle of another human being amusing to you. Any type of stereotyping is wrong becasue its usually far off base. And just because its you opinion doesn't make the statements any better.

[quote name='SpaceOddity']I think too many people in this thread are judgemental and overgeneralize. They want everyone to fit into their itemplate for the normal human being and it's ridiculous. Humans are far too complex to wrap under any norm. If people like to wear their "sisters pants" let them. Its only because youve been taught that wearing your sisters pants is not normal that you find it so offensive. I know you are  saying its just your opinion and you're just poking fun. But why is poking at the lifestyle of another human being amusing to you. Any type of stereotyping is wrong becasue its usually far off base. And just because its you opinion doesn't make the statements any better.[/quote]

Well last time I checked, buying clothing from the other gender's section is not normal :?

I can make fun of people that choose to be emo because can. Last time I chcked a 10 grader does not have a hard life. Suicide is in no way an answer for your "oh so hard life".

honestly not to be a d@u$h but its soo lame to sit at your computer and rant about hating "emos". honestly grow up most of you are "adults" or so you call your self that. how can you sit there and judge others and then act like what ever your doing is "normal"

your judging every one based upon a couple expierences. now i mean every one judges some one at some point i do it to when i see some guy wearing a cape who has massive spikes comming off his head. but this fad has given so many people a bad name. yes there are people claming to be depressed and what ever but not every one is like that.

i get called scene and emo but why? because i have long hair and listen to hardcore and indie music?? thats rediculus(sp??) im happier than most people i know. i have wonderful girfriend and pretty much just have a damn good life.

when people such as the newspapers post things that have no revelant info on hookah health dont you all get offended? its that same thing.

i too dont liek those people that sit their and act depresed for attention but not every one whom u would call scene is what u think. just my 2 cents

[quote name='Sonthert']Is being emo/an emo/emoish (whatever) any stranger than getting dressed up and goin' to church? I don't think so. Its a way of life, its no more strange than anything else...[/quote]
Yeah, it really is. Emos do it for attention, positive or negative. If that's what ya wanna do, good for you, but don't be surprised when you get a negative response.

Ask me if it's strange that I put on a polo on Sundays and go to church, and I'll tell you it's not. (missed today by accident...)

Ask an emo if his lifestyle is a bit off and he'll post a five page Myspace bulletin about the "haters" and cry until his mascera runs.

[quote]It might be popular to be an emo hater, and I've never been anywhere near a white belt, short of watching "WKRP in Cincinnati" as reruns[/quote]
Nothing wrong with white belts...but I've been told that everything tasteful from Lacoste to argyle is supposedly being co-opted by these toolbags. :(

Fortunately I can't complain about emos too much in my area, but dirty-dredlocked hippies seem to come out of the woodwork being employed in a cigar store. :lol: