I have a serious problem

I'm new to this forum and I’ve been glancing at work once in a while and I plan on staying as a long time member. I just recently got into hookah and owned an Egyptian myself. I just bought a QT after reading some threads and apparently I guess they’re the best hookahs out there with good smoke. I also put out an order for some starbuzz tobacco so looking forward to that.

My question is this. Recently when I’ve been smoking I have had massive increase in heart rate and I don’t know if that’s normal or I’m having a panic attack of some sort. It used to be normal when I was with friends and having a good time and when I smoke alone I get a massive heart rate and I can even see it because my stomach rumbles to the heart beat.

What is wrong with me or is this all normal?

Nicotine is a stimulant to your body, yet a depressant to your nervous system. An increased heart rate is normal, but having it become uncomfortable may not be a good sign. Maybe you're just more sensitive to nicotine, or you should have your cholesteral tested by a doctor. In my opinion, as long as your heat doesnt skip beats or beat in an abnormal pattern you should be fine. But going in for a checkup may not be a bad idea. Yet i'm not a doctor, and don't have too much of an idea of what i'm talking about, so dont freak out about anything i said.

Yes well you see it’s a long story and I don’t want to get into details so I’ll break it down. I’ve been pretty unstable these past 2 months. I’m a normal person without any problems but found out 2 months ago my ex gf left me for my best friend. Even though I’m recovering and having a hard time trying to take it step by step I’m having a hard time being independent.

I get anxiety attacks when I go out alone or smoke hookah alone, well I assume they’re anxiety attacks. I used to have the best time smoking hookah but nothing seems the same anymore. Its usually not always an anxiety attack if I’m with someone to smoke with. I used to have friends but left them after I realized how these were not good friends. Even though I’m looking for new ones, its hard being alone and getting these anxiety attacks when I’m out do not help.
I just want to be able to sit outside and play some music and smoke some hookah but in about 20min my hear rate increases to a point where my body shakes to each beat, I can feel the pulse through my neck and I feel very uncomfortable. Everything seems to be so distant from me and I get headaches once I’m done.
I guess I don’t know what this post was for, I was hoping someone can give me advice about getting over this anxiety attacks Im having and go out more. I never had any issues like this or friendship problems but this one small incident really messed me up inside and out.

Thats understandable, maybe you should smoke a washed shisha while your dealing with this so the nicotine doesnt contribute to this. Maybe you should just slow down on everything to help deal with this, then gradually start to do things as you did normally, best of luck though.

this could be nicotine poisoning. If your not accustomed to the amount of smoke a hookah gives off you could get nicotine poisoning. I used to get it all the time when i was younger, my shirt would be drenched with sweat and i would collapse on the ground spinning around. Actually kindof fun sometimes but i got used to the nicotine levels/

[quote name='Darkwatcher758']Yes well you see it’s a long story and I don’t want to get into details so I’ll break it down. I’ve been pretty unstable these past 2 months. I’m a normal person without any problems but found out 2 months ago my ex gf left me for my best friend. Even though I’m recovering and having a hard time trying to take it step by step I’m having a hard time being independent.  

I get anxiety attacks when I go out alone or smoke hookah alone, well I assume they’re anxiety attacks. I used to have the best time smoking hookah but nothing seems the same anymore. Its usually not always an anxiety attack if I’m with someone to smoke with. I used to have friends but left them after I realized how these were not good friends. Even though I’m looking for new ones, its hard being alone and getting these anxiety attacks when I’m out do not help.
I just want to be able to sit outside and play some music and smoke some hookah but in about 20min my hear rate increases to a point where my body shakes to each beat, I can feel the pulse through my neck and I feel very uncomfortable. Everything seems to be so distant from me and I get headaches once I’m done.
I guess I don’t know what this post was for, I was hoping someone can give me advice about getting over this anxiety attacks Im having and go out more. I never had any issues like this or friendship problems but this one small incident really messed me up inside and out.[/quote]

things can only get better man, and you can feel welcome on this forum cause thats what were about.

It's not normal and you should figure out hte problem before continuing to smoke. If you're smoking a brand such as Nakhla or Al Waha with high nictoine content you could try Al Fakher, Al Amir or Havana which have a much lower amount of nicotine (0.05% vs .5%). If you still get that effect with a washed brand of tobacco you may want to consider your health before personal enjoyment (though that's hard to do with some things).

It sounds like a mix of personal stress and normal tobacco effects on ya. So yea just get yourself some washed tobacco, and try that. if that doesnt help id be best to quit the hookah for a while till you get back really on your feet and life starts running smooth again :D

And welcome to the forums, and alot of the guys on here feel ya completly man :D so come on in the chat (link in my sig :P) and lets make you laugh your ass off XD

My heart rate increases sometimes when I smoke the hookah and I've been smoking the hookah for 5 years. Smoking isn't good for cholesterol or blood pressure. Do you have a primary care physician (a doctor that you see regularly)? It's good to go to the doctor at least annually to get checked out and make sure that there's nothing bad going on. As long as you aren't going overboard with your smoking frequency, you should be fine.

[quote name='Darkwatcher758']I'm new to this forum and I’ve been glancing at work once in a while and I plan on staying as a long time member. I just recently got into hookah and owned an Egyptian myself. I just bought a QT after reading some threads and apparently I guess they’re the best hookahs out there with good smoke. I also put out an order for some starbuzz tobacco so looking forward to that.

My question is this. Recently when I’ve been smoking I have had massive increase in heart rate and I don’t know if that’s normal or I’m having a panic attack of some sort. It used to be normal when I was with friends and having a good time and when I smoke alone I get a massive heart rate and I can even see it because my stomach rumbles to the heart beat.  

What is wrong with me or is this all normal?[/quote]

[/size][b]SEE YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATLY[size=12][/b]

Any Cardiovascular abnormaltities should be checked out.
I am not joking.

JD

yea u should still go to the doctor, there is such a thing as a stress induced heart attack XD go see em, take a break from da hookah, clear your head, go out with friends, all the things that help make ya feel good, then pick back up the hookah :D

Get a headjob fast!

It supposedly lowers your blood pressure...

If nothin else its always a good excuse to ask for one :D

ok I talked to my dr..

he says it might be the fat burner I'm taking when working out at the gym. They have a tendency of making people anxious and that can be caused by me having panic attacks.

The thing is I get the same feelings when I go out alone somewhere, not to the gym or work but just doing activites alone really gets me all anxious and somewhat panic attack.

So I'll stop taking the fat burners and see what results I get. I only take them because it helps me lift weights and do more at th gym without getting tired.

It’s called Lipo6 for some of you who are curious.

I think nicotine is a stimulant. Its late and my brain is shut down for reapirs already.

It might be that it happens all the time, to you, and you only started noticing it when your friends weren't around and distracting your from checking your pulse. It does that to me sometimes, too.