Tried It...problem

Bulldog_916

Went all in on a Fuhatten Clone with TOBH ATTY RDA and battery and everything. Unfortunately inhaling VG in any major concentration gives me headaches. I forgot my experience with rehydrated nakhla one time where I used VG and it gave me headaches. Now I gotta sell it. Everything including cotton and charger and 2 liquids I'm offering up. PM me for price.

Man thats pretty weird.. I would assume it may be the brand/type of ingredients they used in that particular juice. I mean if you smoke hookah often, you should be able to vape. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe just about every major brand of shisha also contain VG. Especially anything that is "drippy wet" like an AF or SB. 

I know traditionally shisha was made with honey or molasses but I am fairly certain almost all modern shisha now contains VG. 

I think the main question is what quality and grade VG is in that Juice you were vaping. Also you may try a higher PG% in your juice. Most juice vendors will have something like a 80%PG/20%VG or higher. Granted the cloud production will not be the same but the flavor is usually much better.

I personally am HIGHLY considering trying some DIY E-Juice here in the near future

I'm probably going the DIY route eventually as well. Just the setup costs are holding me back ATM.

Bulldog, are you sure it was the VG you're having a reaction to? PG allergy is a lot more common, so I'm wondering if it wasn't that instead. These folks just make sure to vape 100% VG juice and are fine.

That really could be just about anything. I personally am in awe of how we just assume things are "safe for consumption". I mean think about what we do. Taking a piece of wire manufactured in some factory, wrapping it up, shoving some supposed organically grown cotton in it, then placing all of that in apparatus manufactured overseas as cheaply as possible, THEN we add this toxic liquid, possibly blended in some dudes basement to it, we heat the whole deal up till it smokes, and Finally INGEST THE SMOKE!!

So you can see where any of these components could contain potentially harmful chemicals/additives/substances. The vape industry at this point is highly unregulated, and I for think that is a great thing. I think we all can agree that once the government gets involved in ANYTHING, the have a great way of fucking it up, and having us tax payers pay extra for it.(I better stop myself before I go off on some anti-governmental, neo revolutionary rant)

Basically it might have been some stuff in your Atty/build that has now more than likely burned off, and your good to go :D  

I think I've been more interested lately because hookah is getting too expensive. A 250g of Tangiers costs me 17 to 18 bucks. Tobacco prices are getting ridiculous. I won't stop completely but it's gonna be more spaced out and deliberate. It's only gonna get more expensive. I can't say long term it looks good for the hobby and tobacco in general.

I think I was dehydrated and didn't know it. Lately all has been good. Hopefully it keeps up.

Glad to hear! There was actually an argument on reddit about whether or not you can get dehydrated from vaping... I knew better, coming from hookah!

I think I've been more interested lately because hookah is getting too expensive. A 250g of Tangiers costs me 17 to 18 bucks. Tobacco prices are getting ridiculous. I won't stop completely but it's gonna be more spaced out and deliberate. It's only gonna get more expensive. I can't say long term it looks good for the hobby and tobacco in general.

One of the reasons why I quit smoking hookah. The cost is definitely rising. If you're looking for higher end e-liquid for a great price, check out www.lapinelupine.com. It's like the Tangiers of e-liquid, IMO.

I just picked up a sampler from VapeWild on your recommendation. So we'll see how that goes when it gets here and steeps. 

Nice! Be sure to let it steep at least a good 2 weeks. Mine didn't really shine until then.

Can I ask, do these juice makers really know what the hell they are doing? It seems like the inconsistency of brands with their flavors is incredibly bad. Mt. Baker was on your good list, then your shit list. Vape Wild was on the good list, now the meh okay to shit list. I'm sure Lapine will be on the good list for a while, then the shit list when the flavorings they are using go on back order and they have to scramble to figure out how to keep making money.

One thing I've noticed is that established shisha manufacturers like Nakhla, Tangiers, to a certain extent Al Fakher, Fantasia have very good consistency between batches. AF had the flap with White Grape for a while. The consistency was solid, just people would have varying experiences with it depending on a lot of factors. I think a lot of it has to do with securing an ingredient supply. This juice movement has come so fast that no one with a real background in chemical engineering like Eric from Tangiers or the recipe makers at Nakhla have gotten a chance to find the best stuff and give it to us consistently.

Who the hell is testing this stuff? How can we really know it's safe? They can tell us whatever the hell they want. If people are buying, who's counting? People are just using whatever flavorings are available and mixing in nicotine in values that no one really tests. They say 3mg but how do they really know batch to batch how consistent that is? One extra drop and it goes from 3mg to 5mg and no one is the wiser until you put it in your dripper and go to town. They grab VG/PG from online suppliers or off the shelf, no real consistently good supply, just any supply of it will do. Who's testing the VG? Who's testing the PG? How do we know it hasnt been sitting in a warehouse for months exposed to the weather leaching plastics into it?

I'm starting to wonder if the same shit that happened during prohibition with alcohol is happening here with vaporizer juice. People were making bathtub gin and cutting in what very few knew were poisons into it to get it out of the tub and into the speak easy to make money. With this it seems like the wild west, people getting shit out there to capitalize on the trend while no one in the FDA or Department of Health has oversight. I like the freedom this has but at the same time, I want to know at the very least some very basic information about the individual ingredients, who makes it, who tests it, where it comes from, is it safe for inhalation. Some of that is out there. But with small makers, they are less likely to have that information on hand because they're busy making Chocolate Cupcake juice. How in the F do you make chocolate cupcake an inhalable flavor with clear fluids and have it use ingredients they know (for sure) are safe to inhale?