Costa Mesa Extends Ban On Hookah Lounges

fai0607

"City staff have said hookah parlors are detrimental to residents since
they generate loud music, public and underage drinking, excessive noise
and loitering. The staff have also cited the health effects, such as
secondhand smoke."

lol it's illegal for alcohol and hookah to be served I do not know one bar that does that, and even if they did, they'd ID anyway for both the hookah and the alcohol. Never heard the music too loud??? They're making it sound like nightclubbing and I'm just--

I'm not even going to get further into this right now I can feel my blood vessels pulsing.
Edited by fai0607

It's like the hobby is getting steamrolled because people want to keep spewing BS. Let's keep loud rowdy bars/night clubs but god forBID there's an atmospheric lounge.

I see a double standard and it's only because of the fact that shisha has tobacco. What's worse is, I don't think there's any political figure/group willing to defend hookah.

The fact that you think any of these politicians in office are standing up for any freedom other the riches makes me giggle chreees. Our political figures have no grasp on the reality of our world because they are all groomed for office. For profit politicians is what I call them, and they along with political parties are the down fall of this society. Capitalism creates too much greed, but sadly with any other form of government the greed is just placed in different areas. With a single leader its a lust for more power eventually leading to totalitarianism, where anything that even has the slightest bit of opposition is automatically illegal, or we have societies such as our own that formed this rat race and run small corporations in to the ground for the gain of the man who is already rich. Politics mixed with human natural faults is a losing battle. There will always be a loser and winner the middle ground always eventually becomes nonexistent. At are core we are nothing more then animals. The thing that ticks me off though that I'm finally beginning to realize was how terrible our education truly is. We miss out on so many things we never may have none had we not gone out on our own. My favorite examples, Columbus, Alexander the Great and Genghis Khan. Just remember though, Big Brother is watching you.

Yeah this is bullshit... they approved the extension because the planning department didn't have time to fully define hookah parlors. As with anything else that is government, they take the easy way out by putting it off for another date and due to their incompetence a business type has to suffer. 

Most city boundaries occur right down the centerline of the street.  You know, this side of the street one city, the other side another.  I'd really like to see places that are being banned in a city move to an across the street location and flaunt it.  Loudly.

'Rani

Most city boundaries occur right down the centerline of the street.  You know, this side of the street one city, the other side another.  I'd really like to see places that are being banned in a city move to an across the street location and flaunt it.  Loudly.

'Rani

i would love to see this, its so easy to do here lol

'Rani

'Rani