Healthsherpa Or: How 3 Guys Built A Better Website In 3 Days That Actually Works

Chreees

Hoooooooooooooooooly crap- 3 guys did it in 3 days, when our government has had YEARS to make sure healtcare.gov was fully functional.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2013/11/12/3-guys-3-days-to-build-a-better-obamacare-website/

Be sure to actually go to http://www.thehealthsherpa.com/ and check what prices you could be paying... You might be surprised.

Oh you have, have you? You must not live in a state that doesn't have its own website. Here in TN I'm forced to use the federal healthcare.gov site and we all know how well that works... Anyway, with this site these 3 dudes did, I found out with tax subsidies I could be paying as little as $15 a month for a minimal plan. I need to look into it further to find out exactly what that plan would entail, however.

Nice, I just checked out that healthsherpa you posted and Platinum coverage would cost more than my mortgage.  Bronze would be more than a nice car payment.

Glad I'm already covered.

Having another kid would cost another $80/month.  This plan should cut down on the birth rate.

Nice, I just checked out that healthsherpa you posted and Platinum coverage would cost more than my mortgage.  Bronze would be more than a nice car payment.

Having another kid would cost another $80/month.  This plan should cut down on the birth rate.

Is your current coverage not going up due to the new law? All my coworker talks about is how Obamacare is driving up his premium.

Insurance offered through my company is $500 out of EVERY paycheck! That's $1,000 a month. I don't know how they expect me to be able to afford that.

Mine insurance was paid for by my company andding my kids and wife was 850 a month. Found a private policy not effected by "Scam America" health care. Now I pay $275.

Damn, Stu! Family insurance through my company is $1,300 a month! Glad you were able to find an affordable plan. Is it going to change at all due to the new law? I'm just curious because all of my coworkers that do have insurance through other companies say theirs is, but can't tell me how much or why exactly.

And people thought this would be free. Anyone who voted for Obama got scammed even though everyone not voting for him is saying "we told you so and now we are paying for stupidity" (not to say Romneycare was any better).

Luckily I'm insured by my wife's work...but that will be changing soon. We have a kid on the way and I don't want her working. Since I'm self-employeed with 2 sources of income, I'll be having to look into this pile of crap and not looking forward to it. I'm just hoping the next president has a massive dump on the [un]affordable care act. May just need to pay the fine until the next president.

I really dislike seeing Obama voters complaining about this...ticks me off.

Who thought it was going to be free? I know I certainly didn't. It is called the AFFORDABLE Care Act, after all. I don't expect anything in life to be free, but if I'm expected by my government to have something, it better be affordable in terms of my income. My health insurance options through work definitely are not affordable.

I am glad to see that Obama has come out tonight and said that people can now truly keep their plan. The way I see it, the people who have insurance and like it should be able to keep it. This new law should only be for the folks who don't have insurance because they can't afford it, and it shouldn't affect the people who currently have it.

Still a clusterfuck, though... As with everything, they'll get the kinks ironed out eventually. I voted for Obama and sincerely regret it, but only because I have since had my eyes opened and see that the two-party system is what's causing all of our troubles as a nation. Once money, greed, and corruption are removed from our government, then we can move forward. Not gonna happen 'til then.

Who thought it was going to be free? I know I certainly didn't. It is called the AFFORDABLE Care Act, after all. I don't expect anything in life to be free, but if I'm expected by my government to have something, it better be affordable in terms of my income. My health insurance options through work definitely are not affordable.

I am glad to see that Obama has come out tonight and said that people can now truly keep their plan. The way I see it, the people who have insurance and like it should be able to keep it. This new law should only be for the folks who don't have insurance because they can't afford it, and it shouldn't affect the people who currently have it.

Still a clusterfuck, though... As with everything, they'll get the kinks ironed out eventually. I voted for Obama and sincerely regret it, but only because I have since had my eyes opened and see that the two-party system is what's causing all of our troubles as a nation. Once money, greed, and corruption are removed from our government, then we can move forward. Not gonna happen 'til then.

While you may not have thought it was going to be free, you must have missed the thousands of videos uploaded on youtube of idiots jumping for joy for "free healthcare" lol.  Anyways.....So Obama has said people can keep their exact plans that they had before? Because all the insurance companies were sending out letters telling people their plans were being canceled bc it did not meet the requirements of Nobamacare. Is he now redacting that and changing the law to allow for the old plans? Men had to carry maternity coverage to even the load, heck women in their 60's+ were required that under nobamacare.

The big problem with the 2 party system is, they both suck. The worse part about the dem party is they want to run our lives and have the govt be BIG. Rep have their faults, they are stupid, they are sexist, they are religious nutjobs, etc...but at least Romney knew what was going to happen if Nobama was re-elected. Pretty scary when you look at that link.

Honestly, this "healthcare" system has been broken and will remain broken until the focus moves towards HEALTH and not sick care. They need to focus on proactive and preventative care. If we are going to reduce health costs, we need to pay more for prevention (if we are going to pay....like we are now - there is plenty of studies out there proving that just chiropractic care reduces hospital visits, reduces prescription drug usage, and increases quality of life - in fact, a newer study was released showing the exact numbers for what we are currently facing). We also need to make the food stamps to not pay for the shit that makes you sick. It should pay for mostly veggies, some fruit, and very little meat, nuts, seeds, etc. That alone would "pay it forward" so to speak.

All nobamacare is doing is spreading the money from this to places that the govt has already stolen from...and soon this honeypot is going to be out of honey just like all their other programs that they started. The idiots we have running this country can't balance a checkbook let alone a budget for the nation.

I'm not disagreeing with most of what you're saying. All I'm going to add is that I'm voting independent from now on to make my point that I'm not happy with either party. Will my vote really make a difference? No, probably not. But at least I'll feel comfortable with myself that I'm voting for what I believe in- that the two-party system should be abolished and we need to stop being SHEEP. Hopefully someday I'll see the CHANGE I want in our country. Right now I feel like somebody's pawn. I don't want to be a pawn anymore. I want to live in a country where I feel like my leaders actually give a shit about ME and my fellow Americans, not just money and corporate interests.

Obama just said it tonight that it's going to be changed to allow people to keep their current plans. Now insurance companies are required to send out more letters telling their customers what their plans don't offer that the new law is supposed to cover. That's all I have heard so far. I'm sure we'll see tons of shit on it soon enough. The plot thickens...

I'm not disagreeing with most of what you're saying. All I'm going to add is that I'm voting independent from now on to make my point that I'm not happy with either party. Will my vote really make a difference? No, probably not. But at least I'll feel comfortable with myself that I'm voting for what I believe in- that the two-party system should be abolished and we need to stop being SHEEP. Hopefully someday I'll see the CHANGE I want in our country. Right now I feel like somebody's pawn. I don't want to be a pawn anymore. I want to live in a country where I feel like my leaders actually give a shit about ME and my fellow Americans, not just money and corporate interests.

Obama just said it tonight that it's going to be changed to allow people to keep their current plans. Now insurance companies are required to send out more letters telling their customers what their plans don't offer that the new law is supposed to cover. That's all I have heard so far. I'm sure we'll see tons of shit on it soon enough. The plot thickens...

Thanks for that info...I look forward to seeing what is going to be done and hopefully it will be for the better bc currently, it is shit.

And I agree with you about voting Independent, as I'm going to be doing the same. I really wanted to vote for Gary Johnson but knew that most of America would be voting Obama and I figured the only clear person that would come close would be Romney...I voted based on that as I despise most of what Obama stands for (I took multiple surveys that grade where you stand with each candidate and I was 8-16% for Obama on each lmao! Gary and Romney were always at the top for me).

Is your current coverage not going up due to the new law? All my coworker talks about is how Obamacare is driving up his premium.

Insurance offered through my company is $500 out of EVERY paycheck! That's $1,000 a month. I don't know how they expect me to be able to afford that.

I just looked into it.  Coverage for my family is currently around $800/month.  I pay 25% of that and my employer pays the other 75%.  My cost has been going up about $10/month every year.  I still need to look into what the cost will be next year.  I'll let you know if it's outrageous.

Also, Thank you for considering an independent party for your next vote.  The only way for these under dogs to have a chance is to get votes to show that they can be significant.

Imagine how many people there are like Dr. Smokes who wanted to vote for Johnson, but didn't.  Imagine if all those people had actually voted for Johnson. instead of a million votes maybe he would have had a million and a half or two million or five million. We'll never know because they voted for someone that they didn't want to win.

What if all of America is unsatisfied with the 2 choices we get every 4 years?  What if everyone let it be known that they didn't want a repubocrat or a demlican to run the country? The only way to defeat the 2 party system is to vote it out; one vote at a time.

You don't get very many votes. Use them wisely.

Smokes- I sided closest with Jill Stein IIRC, followed by Gary Johnson, then Obama, then Romney.

Skooz- I definitely regret not having used my vote more wisely. I just didn't know any better at the time. Now I do.

It happens when you're young.  The first time I voted for the president, I voted democrat because I liked the idea of democracy.  Zero research.  Rani will be by in a little while to tell me that when I grow up some more, I will be back to voting Dem.

I looked into my insurance costs for 2014.  My share of the premiums will go up $2.16 per paycheck... So less than $5/month.  I think I can handle that.

Well, with Obama not being able to run next election, I'm for sure going to vote away from the 2 party system....I just hated O so much and everything he "stood" for. He was garbage the first 4 years, and don't know how anyone could have expected a turn around for the 2nd term.

I'm done voting for the lesser of two evils. I hope enough people will stand with me and really help our votes make a point that we're fed up with being restricted to just Democrats and Republicans. Also, let's do term limits so we can weed out some of these greedy assholes. Then we'll see real change.

The fastest way to get out from underneath a government is to revolt or secede. I don't see this changing in our lifetime especially at the slow rate of voting it out (no offense). A big thing to me is people will vote on the presidential election but not for their county or state representative. How stupid is that? County and state DIRECTLY influence your everyday life. You want your roads fixed, your taxes lowered, whatever the hell you want, the majority is not at the presidential level. Sent from my iPhone using [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]Tapatalk[/URL]

Well, with Obama not being able to run next election, I'm for sure going to vote away from the 2 party system....I just hated O so much and everything he "stood" for. He was garbage the first 4 years, and don't know how anyone could have expected a turn around for the 2nd term.

How'd that work out for ya?

Even if you gave all the independent votes to Romney, he still would have lost.  

I'm done voting for the lesser of two evils. I hope enough people will stand with me and really help our votes make a point that we're fed up with being restricted to just Democrats and Republicans. Also, let's do term limits so we can weed out some of these greedy assholes. Then we'll see real change.

I will stand with you.

The fastest way to get out from underneath a government is to revolt or secede. I don't see this changing in our lifetime especially at the slow rate of voting it out (no offense).

A big thing to me is people will vote on the presidential election but not for their county or state representative. How stupid is that? County and state DIRECTLY influence your everyday life. You want your roads fixed, your taxes lowered, whatever the hell you want, the majority is not at the presidential level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People vote in the presidential election because it's a social thing to do and socially acceptable.

People don't vote locally because their friends don't care if they voted locally.

This is the sad state we live in.

>I'm done voting for the lesser of two evils. I hope enough people will stand with me and really help our votes make a point that we're fed up with being restricted to just Democrats and Republicans. Also, let's do term limits so we can weed out some of these greedy assholes. Then we'll see real change.

I will stand with you.

The fastest way to get out from underneath a government is to revolt or secede. I don't see this changing in our lifetime especially at the slow rate of voting it out (no offense).

A big thing to me is people will vote on the presidential election but not for their county or state representative. How stupid is that? County and state DIRECTLY influence your everyday life. You want your roads fixed, your taxes lowered, whatever the hell you want, the majority is not at the presidential level.

People vote in the presidential election because it's a social thing to do and socially acceptable.

People don't vote locally because their friends don't care if they voted locally.

You don't have to be a jack wagon as you obviously know how that worked out. Or are you living under a rock and have no friggin clue?  *rolls eyes* You obviously didn't read nor comprehend what I said because you wouldn't have asked such a stupid friggin question.

Social media had helped Gary Johnson this last election...who knows if it can help even more. I feel there are too many stupid people in this nation that will actually vote for positive change. Keyword: positive.

And you said it, people don't partake in county or state elections because they have no clue what is going on, yet they still go out and vote for a president all the while still not fully understanding. Tons of youtube videos out there showing people voting for one party or the other (mostly the one that got elected....) for president and not knowing anything that they stand for...other than I DON'T HAVE TO WORK AND CAN STILL GET PAID! It's sad. "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country"...we've gone WAYYYYY past that with this last election.

Just like remember the ploy of having Hollywood stars encouraging people to "just go out and vote" regardless of political, economic, social, high school know how? Wtf does this accomplish? What could these people possibly use as their reasoning to vote for someone? Sheeps be sheepin Sent from my iPhone using [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]Tapatalk[/URL]
  • Upvote 1

>>I'm done voting for the lesser of two evils. I hope enough people will stand with me and really help our votes make a point that we're fed up with being restricted to just Democrats and Republicans. Also, let's do term limits so we can weed out some of these greedy assholes. Then we'll see real change.

lockquote>

I will stand with you.

>The fastest way to get out from underneath a government is to revolt or secede. I don't see this changing in our lifetime especially at the slow rate of voting it out (no offense).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't have to be a jack wagon as you obviously know how that worked out. Or are you living under a rock and have no friggin clue?  *rolls eyes* You obviously didn't read nor comprehend what I said because you wouldn't have asked such a stupid friggin question.

Sorry to be a jack wagon.  I was making a point abut defensive voting.  After 2 weeks on the campaign trail, I could tell Romney had about as much chance of winning as Johnson; even against Obama who was not all that popular at the time of the last election and shouldn't have been that hard to beat.  I haven't talked to one person who voted for Romney and really liked what he stood for, they just voted for him because they wanted Obama to lose.  What kind of election is that?

The really disappointing part about it is that on the outside it looks like Johnson could only scrounge up about a million votes against two of the biggest losers running for election since I've been voting. Not because people didn't like him but because people were scared of either Obama or Romney winning.

How often do people write in cartoon characters because they can't bring themselves to vote for one of the 2 candidates being offered.  Voting for the 3rd candidate has to be better than that.

I know I can be a jerk about it but it just frustrates me to no end to see people complain about our government and then turn a blind eye to the solution.

Your vote is your vote, do with it what you like. I just try to put ideas out there that get people to really think about the value of their vote and the possible outcomes.  Not just you, but whoever might come along and read this later.