Wek-Sos Collection

wek-sos

Aaaannnndddd the KM mini Kamanja is sold. Syrian is repaired with Mya parts and JB-Weld, and that's selling tomorrow hopefully. 

Now my collection is:

Elmas 632

Elmas 624 (in the mail) on 10" Egermann (also in the mail)

KM Trimetal on 12" Egermann

El Nefes Pasha 

Hope it does sell! I'd like to see that mini syrian repaired with mya parts. Maybe i can learn something about repairing hookahs. sounds interesting.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaannnndddd the KM mini Kamanja is sold. Syrian is repaired with Mya parts and JB-Weld, and that's selling tomorrow hopefully. 

Now my collection is:

Elmas 632

El Nefes Pasha 

Hope it does sell! I'd like to see that mini syrian repaired with mya parts. Maybe i can learn something about repairing hookahs. sounds interesting.

I'll get a picture up when my other stuff comes in the mail. Basically removed the bowl port and welded a Mya tray rest in place, then welded a Mya bowl port to the downstem. The purge valve cap was ruined, and a Mya purge cap fit perfectly. The buyer wanted it all black, so I taped it off and hit it with a few coats of spray paint lol. He came to smoke it last night and loved it, just is waiting to get paid. 

Now my collection is:

Elmas 632

El Nefes Pasha 

I'll get a picture up when my other stuff comes in the mail. Basically removed the bowl port and welded a Mya tray rest in place, then welded a Mya bowl port to the downstem. The purge valve cap was ruined, and a Mya purge cap fit perfectly. The buyer wanted it all black, so I taped it off and hit it with a few coats of spray paint lol. He came to smoke it last night and loved it, just is waiting to get paid. 

Lucky buyer! good job. I still would look to see how that pipe looked in black I'm happy it sold but i just love looking at hookahs plus a custom coated Syrian sounds so baddass! 

It looks a lot better in person, actually I think it looks better than the nickel did. However, I would never want a hookah that is black. 01Mx0XQ.jpg

And the base lineup! The new 10" is heavier than the 12", typical Egermann randomness... I've owned 2 ball drops and one was about 2 pounds heavier than the other, I just don't understand lol. Hopefully the Elmas fits this base, otherwise I'm getting rid of the Trimetal and have to buy another stem. 

OmtMWVB.jpg

Great job on that mini Syrian! if i were you i wouldn't sell it after putting in so much work into it. I'd make it 1 of my personal daily smokers. It came out better than i imagined. As you see i know nothing about painting hookahs but how dod you do it how many laters did you use what materials and did you use a lacquer or some kind of coating before you painted it? I have 1 hookah in mind which i want to work on i recently started restoring this old no name Egyptian which i call my guinea pig pipe. It had a a hole in the hose adapter and had a leak i plugged it up with Devcon steel epoxy putty which was recommended for brass and stainless steel. and it did the charm next thing i want to do is paint it black the same way you did your Syrian. Any pointers? 

Great job on that mini Syrian! if i were you i wouldn't sell it after putting in so much work into it. I'd make it 1 of my personal daily smokers. It came out better than i imagined. As you see i know nothing about painting hookahs but how dod you do it how many laters did you use what materials and did you use a lacquer or some kind of coating before you painted it? I have 1 hookah in mind which i want to work on i recently started restoring this old no name Egyptian which i call my guinea pig pipe. It had a a hole in the hose adapter and had a leak i plugged it up with Devcon steel epoxy putty which was recommended for brass and stainless steel. and it did the charm next thing i want to do is paint it black the same way you did your Syrian. Any pointers? 

I removed the zinc plating to some extent with hydrocholoric acid, taped off the parts I wanted to keep chrome, and then used some random spraypaint I had laying around the hose. Lol it's definitely a crappy job, but hey. If that's what it takes for my friend to buy it, I'll offer a lifetime of repainting it for free!  I would strongly recommend using Plasti-Dip as it is much less of a mess to work with, and is completely reversible without any strong chemicals or paint strippers. 

Thanks Twitchy, it seriously can't compare to your collection. I would trade all of this for a hollow staff, but don't take that too seriously.

I removed the zinc plating to some extent with hydrocholoric acid, taped off the parts I wanted to keep chrome, and then used some random spraypaint I had laying around the hose. Lol it's definitely a crappy job, but hey. If that's what it takes for my friend to buy it, I'll offer a lifetime of repainting it for free!  I would strongly recommend using Plasti-Dip as it is much less of a mess to work with, and is completely reversible without any strong chemicals or paint strippers. 

Thanks Twitchy, it seriously can't compare to your collection. I would trade all of this for a hollow staff, but don't take that too seriously.

Thanks for the tip!  I'll be sure to keep that all in mind! 

Beautiful collection, but out of everything i see I want to play with your dog! lol She looks awesome! what breed is that? 

Lol thanks guys. She's a Golden/Collie mix and she's just plain goofy. I bought a Cleopatra Jumbo base from H-S for the Elmas 624, so I'll take a picture of everything when that comes in. The 10" Egermann is holding my Elmas 632, much better fit for the shorter stem. 

Sold the Trimetal stem this morning, camel base is pending sale. I'll order a Turkish base for the Canary sooner or later. 

The bowl port is just slightly different from the rest of my Turkish pipes. None of my bowls fit it, no matter how I wrap them in tape. Sadly I think it will only work with Chris' bowl and my bowl adapter... Upsetting but I can put a new bowl port on there, might swap it for my 632's bowl port later today. 

Which bowls does it not work with? I used both the Turkish unglazed bowl I sent you and my Kasbah male Phunnel just fine. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like all of my Lebanese bowls are wider at the base, I will grind them down a bit so they can fit. 

Try the Lebanese bowls, no grommet, no tape, just with a single layer of wet paper towel.

That works fantastically. I saw your message after placing a decent sized order of bowls, but I will let you know if I need some more. 

Basically 2 of my bowls started just chipping off under the tape. I think it's because the tape traps moisture and just kills the clay, to the point where if you remove the tape it just disintegrates. 

HM3yBcO.jpg

Got a jumbo base from H-S for the 624, but it came with a large crack. They are replacing it free of charge, so that is wonderful customer service right there! 

Next week I should have a Colonial Sultan stem, got a crazy good deal on it from a friend. Got a great offer on the clear Egermann as well, I really can't wait to replace it with another Turkish base. 

great collection! You have some fine Turkish pipes! That egermann is perfect for the Canary! 

I agree with Sybian- The Egermann really does fit the Canary well. But I can't wait to see what you have in mind for it when you get the Turkish base. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with Sybian- The Egermann really does fit the Canary well. But I can't wait to see what you have in mind for it when you get the Turkish base. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just realized it's the same setup Mattarios has, kinda feel weird copying someone elses setup. 

And if anyone is interested, I just swapped 2 bowl ports. Canary is up and running, can fit every bowl and adapter I have now! 

bGI3yq9l.jpg

Disassembly. 

t4Zr2dBl.jpg

Bowl ports compared, Tokel left Elmas right. They look exactly the same, same dimensions and everything...

3NIHTfEl.jpg

Swap is complete! I will clean up the welds tomorrow. Brass turned "rose" color from the heat, which I really like. I have plans for a Male bowl port on the 632, but that will require a longer downstem. Another project for another day. 

Dang, I hate that you had to swap bowl ports on it. :( Looks like you know what you're doing though. I wouldn't have the first clue where to start doing something like that. Huge props. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang, I hate that you had to swap bowl ports on it. :( Looks like you know what you're doing though. I wouldn't have the first clue where to start doing something like that. Huge props. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha! No worries, I like a challenge. And it's definitely not something I can blame you for, after all the bowls you used fit it perfectly! And the 632 was obtained in a trade for something I was given for free, so it's really no loss. 

Edited by wek-sos

GNwQmCnl.jpg

Base is too small... This stem looks so goofy in person. Weighs about 5.5lbs and has a downstem wider than most KM's... I'm unsure about it. The tray is connected to the stem, might unscrew but it's all soldered together. 

Edited by wek-sos