Artwork!

Woodsytheowl

I used to draw and paint a TON, but over the years it devolved into notebook scribblings in class.  I just discovered my notebooks from college and grad school and pulled out the more funny sketches. I'd have to scan them or take pictures, and a lot of them are inside jokes....here's the least inside-y of them: 

If Jesus lived today, my theory is basically that he'd be Lebanese, by the argument that Nazareth is pretty damn well close to Lebanon, and his first miracle was in Lebanon. Behold Lebanese Jesus.

3030_552514554611_2839256_n.jpg

all you're missing is a hookah hose coming out of his mouth

Yeah and a cigarette...at the same time...That was before I started going to Leb ALL the time and I think argile hadn't exploded quite the way it has now (literally every cafe now has it, I don't remember it as much back when I drew that)

I used to draw and paint a TON, but over the years it devolved into notebook scribblings in class.  I just discovered my notebooks from college and grad school and pulled out the more funny sketches. I'd have to scan them or take pictures, and a lot of them are inside jokes....here's the least inside-y of them: 

If Jesus lived today, my theory is basically that he'd be Lebanese, by the argument that Nazareth is pretty damn well close to Lebanon, and his first miracle was in Lebanon. Behold Lebanese Jesus.

Yeah and a cigarette...at the same time...That was before I started going to Leb ALL the time and I think argile hadn't exploded quite the way it has now (literally every cafe now has it, I don't remember it as much back when I drew that)

where are you from? its died down a little bit since the smoking ban this summer but prior to that... waiter would come over and first question would be lemon mint or double apple? before drinks or anything.. 

I'm half Iraqi half American but the Iraqi side has been in Beirut ever since the 50s, and I go 2-3 times a year. You could say I'm "honorary Lebanese."

Man, the smoking ban hasn't affected anything, I remember at Assi in Verdun earlier this year they just hauled the aragil off to the kitchen when the inspector came

and gave everyone new ones when he left.  

• 2 weeks later...

where are you from? its died down a little bit since the smoking ban this summer but prior to that... waiter would come over and first question would be lemon mint or double apple? before drinks or anything.. 

rixBzVr.jpg​

I grew up drawing all the time but stopped almost altogether when I got depressed in my early teens.  I've focused on music over the last few years and very recently started doodling again.  I sketched a pretty cool 15 minute creature from the black lagoon type dude which is on my GF's fridge (I'll take a pic of that too), this was sketch #2.  It's been a super-long time, I'm really looking forward to experimenting with different styles and finding a creative voice through 2-D media.  I've gotten into collage a bit recently as well.  I think a ton of what stopped me back then was lack of confidence so I never really developed.

[URL=http://s336.photobucket.com/user/giant_ninja_robot/media/IMG_2133.jpg.html][/URL]

Quick collage, unfinished and likely to remain so, lol.

[URL=http://s336.photobucket.com/user/giant_ninja_robot/media/IMG_2136.jpg.html][/URL]

rixBzVr.jpg​

haha very nice, now thats complete image