Fire In Colorado...

It has been pretty crazy. For those who haven't heard, there is a giant fire raging in Waldo Canyon about 30 minutes from where I live. Something like 18,000 acres on fire, or something ridiculous like that. What really gets me is they think it might be arson. If it was natural, I can understand that. But, someone deliberately causing this makes me sick. I hope they find this loser and make him pay. I'll attach some pictures of the past few days. Thank God for all the firefighters busting their ass!

[attachment=5892:fire.jpg]
[attachment=5893:fire2.jpg]
[attachment=5894:fire3.jpg]
[attachment=5895:fire4.jpg]

It is. Appreciate it, man! Yeah, my place is fine, thankfully. Its happening to the west, and I live on the very eastern edge of town, so if I had to leave that's the sign the entire town is screwed. But, today is the first day going outside hasn't smelt like a campfire! Or in this case ql's. (Imagine walking out your front door and having the air smell like ql's going off - not fun <_< )

Sorry to hear about the fires hope all precautionary measures have been taken. Here in San Diego we usually get major fires every three years usually started by some dumb kid playing with matches and stuff like that

Im in fort collins, the smoke up here is insane from the high park fire up here. Its finally contained but it was pretty bad for a long time. The fire up here was 90,000+ acres and it destroyed 250+ homes. The Waldo fire just started and grew so fast. I hope we get some rain soon.

I'd send some rain your way if we had any. We're not on fire in Alabama, but we're about to dry up and blow away. There are full-sized trees dying from lack of rain.

I've had some limited experience fighting forest fires. It's hot dangerous work. Let's pray that those fighting the fires stay safe.
  • Upvote 1