premium tobacco reviews

I dont know anything about tobacco manufacturing,but a common practice for guitar manufacturers is licensing overseas.Gibson,Fenders and Ibanez and others are made in the same factory in Korea and another in China.Could be the same with Massell.

king, al waha and romman are almost identical, they are made from the
same tobacco, in the same factory, with the same flavorings BUT romman
has a better cut and has more flavoring put into it

I notice a big difference between Romman apple and Waha apple and the two manufacturer's cherry's as well. Al Waha cherry tastes like a cardboard box while Romman tastes sweeter. The Waha apple just tastes like a wad of sweetener while Romman has a little more apple to the sweet. I feel two totally different flavors. Oh, and the Romman is a lot more juicy. Still wouldn't order either again.
MR Bubble

@nerv
This is exactly what I suspect. as stated in my previous post
Psychologically ,it is tough to treat them as the same tobacco, but I really feel that they are either from the same place, or there is very little difference in the manufacturing process, like from the same factory but a little change
it did last pretty long, so perhaps they make a change to it. But you cannot make an average brand of tobacco, a premium one, simply by making it last longer. The tobacco isn't cut too fantastically anyway. I believe people should be made more aware of this. I imagine romman 'amazing' peach will be pretty similar to waha peach if I try it. I'll just scribble "romman' on the package and sell it to my friend for 8 times market value
@Mr Bubble (incidentally, 'bubble' means 'laugh' in cockney rhyming slang, so if someone is joking, they are 'having a bubble' which = 'having a laugh'. The logic comes from: bubble bath = laugh. A bit like 'apples n pears' = stairs. Cockneys can be weird.
Useless information aside, the Romman people seem to be having a bubble with everyone who buys from them. The cherry waha and cherry romman smell very very similar, and the difference was very minimal. The strawberry waha and strawberry romman are near enough identical. We have Waha in cans here in london, and the cut is very good in them (250g tins which you open).
perhaps waha is romman after it's been out in the sun for a couple of weeks, and romman is slightly fresher.
It is literally the worst value for money product I have ever seen. Top 3 value for money rip-offs
1) Tea, a cup of tea in a cafe here can cost 3.5 dollars comfortably, whereas a bag of 50 can cost a dollar.
2) glasses. A frame probably costs 10 dollars to make, and is sold for up to 300 easily here.
3) Romman tobacco. 20 dollars for something that costs easily under a dollar from an arab country :)
I'm gonna try fumari, and see if it matches romman for absurdity. I get the feeling it's gonna be better though. I guess I fell victim to the marketing on the website

many thanks to HookaCulture for helping me get my latest smokes, I appreciate it!!.
here's the reviews.

Golden Grape:
I've had too much of this stuff, so will review it again seeing as I am much more used to it.
It's a delightful smoke, with a flavour that may not appeal to everyone, but if you are a fan of Fakher grape, you will love this. Very strong rich flavour, although due to the strength of the taste and smell, you find u may get bored of it. I found that happened with Fakher grape before, and I went 6 months not smoking it before liking it again :)
beautifully smooth smoke, the tobacco itself is syrupy and very fine, with a smell that your neighbours can smell.
flavour is rich, and almost blackurranty, and overall, a fantastic experience for the first time, but over time can be a bit overwhelming.
My revised score is 9.5, Regular grape gets an identical review, although its flavour is more user friendly with everyone, and can be tolerated more over long periods.

Golden Bahraini:
this is the one I've been waiting for, and without Hookahculture, I'd have had to by a big box and take a risk:
here's the review:
initial texture and smell: nice cut tobacco which is soaked in the traditional fakher fashion, not as much as grape but still substanitial. The smell is faint, with a little sweetness and a bit of liquorice.
Smoke: smoke generated was excellent, really thick and luxurious as i come to expect. Tastewise, it was pleasant, and typical of a double apple, but with less liquorice and more userfriendly. It is a very mild taste in my opinion, but I prefer it to Fakher double apple, and also Nakhla double apple, both of which have a stronger liquorice taste. Perhaps the taste was not strong enough, but with the smoke generated and the mild taste, you find yourself able to stomach this high quality product very well.
In apple rankings, I'd prefer this to the Golden Eskandarani, but Apple Fakher still reigns supreme as the best apple of the range in my opinion.
summary: very acceptable smoke, and worth having as a nice change if you watn a double apple flavour which is not overpoweringly liquoricy.
overall apple rankings of the fakher range of which I have tried all now:
1) Apple Fakher
2) Golden Bahraini
3) Qemah Apple
4) Golden Eskandarani
5) Double Apple

F*** 

So the Bahraini DOES taste like licorice,  ha?  Damn!!! 
From user reviews,  I was expecting something more along the lines
of a Cinamon Bun flavor.  Oh well,  I like Nakhla Double
Apple,  so I'm sure I'll probably like this.  What I'm
wondering is what the Al-Amir Triple Apple is gonna taste like? 
Probably very strong on the licorice,  but hopefully more
apple-like.

Thanks for the reviews! 

The liquorice in the Bahraini is far less than any other bahraini I've tried. It's nice and palatable. Overall a very mild shisha. I'd give it a little chance,  but the flavour I find is so light, it is difficult to dislike in any great measure. I am very anti liquorice, but in Fakher Apple, and Golden Bahraini, the liquorice truely compliments the flavour, rather than overpowers it in any way.
If they call it triple apple, then surely they have to throw in a bit of apple flavour . I've never had it, but I know friends who keep mentioning to me there is "triple" as well as "double" apple, but I am not sure what they thought of it. Of course, it could just mean "triple the liquorice" !

Lovely reviews indeed King Mo!
I was really hoping that the AF GS Bahraini Apple would have that "Apple cinnamon rasin" flavor I have heard much about, but perhaps the over all flavor varies from person to person [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
  Still, the reviews were very nice and seeing as how I love the standard AF Grape I think the GS Black Grape is going to be a real treat for me as well [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Math,
The cinnamon bun flavor is true, and Mo's statement of far less licorice is also true.
It's just a HINT of licorice, barely enough to compliment the overall flavor.

Mo, does the Fakher apple (normal, plain apple) have any licorice?
Or is it pure apple goodness?

--Reiner

Hi HC,
with regards to the apple fakher. It has a very small hint of liquorice, in a similar manner to the golden bahraini. However, it is alot sweeter apple tasting, with a far stronger flavour that comes through quite beautifully. The flavour generated is really nice, and the balance of sweetness and liquorice is perfection.
I love apple fakher, it's one of the few flavours that never lets me down, and if you need a shisha, and feel like an apple, you really cannot go wrong with it, it is a different class to everything else.

You're expecting the worst from Fumari?

Well,  don't expect the worst from the White Peach.  It's
good you're not going into it with high-expectations,  because
when you taste it,  your expectations of other massel is going to
be MUCH higher from now on.  Remember,  I DID mention that
I've only like 3 Fumari flavors,  the White Peach,  Water
Melon,  and Mint.  I'm really interested in try their Mint
Chocolate Chip.  Is that one of the flavors you ordered? 
Don't expect too much from Fumari's other flavors,  because they
SUCK!!!  The ones I mentioned above are the only ones I would
consider buying again in the future.  I'm really growing tired of
the the Romman and AF flavors.  Fumari is the only company I'm
ordering from in the future.  And you already know the flavors
I'll be ordering.  I suspect Fumari will be on you "A" list for a
longtime to come.

Looking forward to your reviews

Which Fumari flavors did you get? 

ordered cherry, peach, yellow apple, mint choc for me.
for my friend I ordered pomegranate, peach, mango and fumari. (his own choice)
will definately review my ones, and if I get the chance, will check out my friend's ones too. Only reason we ordered a selection is to try it out, and because delivery is so much we have to make the order worthwhile.
I am expecting the worst, because Romman was so overrated, and not even comparable to fakher (not to mention double the price at half the quality). So hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised with this stuff. It looks interesting so am a little excited.
I am not much of a watermelon shisha fan (prefer melon) but they didn't appear to have watermelon when i ordered.  Was a little disappointed that the peach was still 10 dollars, it doesn't tell you that until you add it to your basket (sneaky move).

I admit that does sound a bit sneaky,  but there's no denying that
their white peach is an exceptional flavor,  well worth every
penny when you consider that in Hookah Lounges they'll charge you $10
per bowl.  So Fumari charges $10 per 100g.  So what, 
it's great tobacco.  I can't wait to try the mint chocolate
chip 

• 5 years later...
Just wondering about Tangiers. I tried it the other day and followed the directions to a T, and had a great experience. I did the same process yesterday and had a mediocre smoke. Recommendations on time of airing out and bowl packing would be most helpful, as would any tips or tricks you Tangiers dailies can offer up. #28 Cool Strawberry BTW. Thanks. HW

[img]http://mybroadband.co.za/photos/data/500/ThreadResurrection.jpg[/img]

Damn, man you couldn't find a more recent thread on Tangiers. I know there aren't many, but WOW 2004, man I wasn't even around here then.

Now Stuart, that's not helpful....

http://www.hookahforum.com/topic/36404-tangiers-question/page__p__451054__hl__Tangiers__fromsearch__1&#entry451054

[quote name='Stuie' date='29 March 2010 - 08:52 PM' timestamp='1269921152' post='460686']
[img]http://mybroadband.co.za/photos/data/500/ThreadResurrection.jpg[/img]

Damn, man you couldn't find a more recent thread on Tangiers. I know there aren't many, but WOW 2004, man I wasn't even around here then.
[/quote]

You win for the greatest post ive seen today. Coupled with that troll post about ordering Ed Hardy I now feel like I have Hookah Forum Bi-Polar disorder, went from the dumbest post, to the greatest haha

Aint that the truth.

King Mo was banned a while back when he became annoyingly political to the point of...overly insistent.
Felt very weird banning a member I learned so much from.