My buddy suggested we try smoking tea leaves, and I was just wondering if that would in any way mess up my hookah? Or make it hard to clean or anything? Any nasty residue? Thanks!

Tea leaves are completely fine for your hookah. I'm going to state the obvious, and make sure you know not to go out, buy your own tea lea leaves, and try to smoke them. Brads have come out with tea/herbal shishas for that purpose. The main purpose people buy herbal brands is because they don't want a nicotine buzz, as nicotine is not found in tea leaves or herbal shisha.

Many on the forum will say that Saalam herbal is an excellent alternative to tobacco. I myself have never tried any herbal shisha.

Hope this helps. But to answer your original quesiton, no, smoking a herbal or tea leaf brand of shisha is not going to harm your hookah.

[quote name='TheyCallMeDave' timestamp='1304380093' post='507966']
Tea leaves are completely fine for your hookah. I'm going to state the obvious, and make sure you know not to go out, buy your own tea lea leaves, and try to smoke them. Brads have come out with tea/herbal shishas for that purpose. The main purpose people buy herbal brands is because they don't want a nicotine buzz, as nicotine is not found in tea leaves or herbal shisha.

Many on the forum will say that Saalam herbal is an excellent alternative to tobacco. I myself have never tried any herbal shisha.

Hope this helps. But to answer your original quesiton, no, smoking a herbal or tea leaf brand of shisha is not going to harm your hookah.

[/quote]

i thought minimal amounts of nicotine and tar were a byproduct of the combustion/vaporization that takes place?

[quote name='antouwan' timestamp='1304406811' post='508036']
[quote name='TheyCallMeDave' timestamp='1304380093' post='507966']

[/quote]

i thought minimal amounts of nicotine and tar were a byproduct of the combustion/vaporization that takes place?
[/quote]

I'm not sure what this means.

Nicotine is found before combustion or vaporization of any tobacco product. It's inherently found in tobacco leaves, let alone tobacco products. The reason herbal/tea shisha is an alternative to tobacco, is for the absense of nicotine. I have no idea, and doubt that smoking a herbal/tea based shisha is any better for you than a tobacco session. However, some people find an extreme sensitivity to nicotine reactions, and prefer something without any nicotine content. If you are doing your stuff right, no combustion should ever take place in hookah. We all know the 300:baked shisha - 800-900:burnt cigarettes deal...But that is a completely different story. This wasn't what I was saying in my original post. I was stating it's free of nicotine, if you want the same experience without any nicotine buzz/interference.

I think what you were posting, was that I was saying herbal shisha was a SAFER alternative to tobacco based shisha. I was merely saying it was a alternative to the mainstream shisha for a different experience.

Well I picked some Hydro Herbal shisha just to see how tea leaves compare to my standard Starbuzz. I'm kinda looking forward to trying it honestly.

partially right. Tar is produced in the combsution i believe. Nicotine must be present for it to be combusted. No nicotine bearing plants in Herbals.

Hmm..wonder if Caffeine from the tea will come through in the smoke or if F-line has added caffeine added later....