What Is Hookah Called In Your Country?

[quote name='Dr. B' timestamp='1302280327' post='504689'][quote name='method' timestamp='1302279623' post='504687']
[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1302275128' post='504678']
Texas: Chick Magnet
[/quote]

they are that rare over there ? [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/blum2.gif[/img]
[/quote]
no no, tobacco is just expensive domestically that chicks think you are a high-roller if you smoke on a regular basis!

I usually refer to it as my pipe around friends who know I don't smoke a waterless pipe. Hookah if I have to get specific but shisha if I'm ordering it.
[/quote]

i was talking about the chicks .

[img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/774_smiley_getting_kicked_in_the_balls.gif[/img]
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Splinter' timestamp='1302128085' post='504467']
I'm from South Africa, over here hookah is sometimes called 'okka' (say or-ka) lol
[/quote]

Interesting, so am I, we just call it "hubbly", short for "hubbly bubbly". When I was in Israel it was "Nargilah" and in Egypt "sheesha".

To the non-initiated, I say "waterpipe", but the look gets even more confused then.

B

from what i know:

Lebanon - arguileh/arguili/narguile

[b]Spain - Cachimba[/b]

Egypt/ North Africa - Shisha

my house - Narg

although, there is something awesome about asking some friends, "badkoun hubbly bubbly?"

• 3 months later...
[quote name='abjorn' timestamp='1304364675' post='507907']
in sweden it's vattenpipa. people just scratch their head when i use 'hookah' [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]
[/quote]
Hi there fellow sweed!
know the feeling, but I often call it shisha though, but the same reaction as you, "whatta fuck is he talking about!?"

People are lost if I use the word "Nargile" around here.

"Hookah", "Shisha", and "Turkish pipe" are all used pretty commonly, though.

In California I have heard.

- hookah
- hooka
- hoook. (whook)
- hookie
- water pipe
- NHT
- shisha

My favorite is

- what is that thing, can i try it?
- Decoration.
- bubbly
- is that a coffee maker? Edited by Satou

"Hookahbro" and the tobacco is "sheeshbro."

Unfortunately in my neck of the woods you're more common to find a naive kid whos perfectly content smoking out of a dirty chinese rig with nothing but some food coloring laden slop that used to be tobacco. Makes me really appreciate the educated people (or at least those that are open minded to learning about the many nuances of smoking hookah tobacco) locally that intend to keep it more than just the latest trend.

If I utter narghile they'll look at me like I called their mom fat.