Hai Thar!

MortalSynz

Hi everyone, new member just stopping by to say hello. Great community. Ran across this site while searching for reviews and information as I'm in the market for my first hookah. Very excited :) Plan on getting either the Mya Econo Gyro or the Mya Econogon with two hoses. Money's a little tight for me right now and even that $5 difference gives me a hard decision for a small difference in the pipe stem. Little about me, I'm 25 and own a townhouse in a suburb of Chicago. I have a 5 year old daughter and am engaged. Work for a large international construction management company but in the IT department. That is all, and am glad to be here.

Hi, welcome to the forum, and greetings from across the pond.

I'm not familiar with the Mya range (I'm in the UK), but conventional wisdom is that multi-hose hookahs don't perform as well as and run into more problems than single-hose ones. Great party pieces but not normally recommended as your first pipe. Passing a single hose between up to about 4 people is perfectly viable, buy mouth tips if anyone's worried about germs (irrelevant if you'll be smoking with your partner). But, for your first pipe, I wouldn't see a twin-hose model as an improvement over the basic one. Spend the $5 on some more shisha or an extra choice of coals, it will do more good.

Thanks for the welcome and suggestion. After reading many similar posts, I've put more attention to the single hoses and will probably go with one. The fiance is equally excited and she wants to try a variety of shisha flavors so will certainly be spending a little on more shisha and coals as well.

Thanks for the welcome :)

I did read that about Mya's @ joytron, but I suppose I really don't need a two-hose hookah. I ended up going with an Azizi Nammor with the green base from hookah-shisha, an extra 50g of shisha and 50pc roll of Golden Quicklight coal. Just checked on the tracking and see it is already out for delivery today, so excited!