I Hate The Government Of Canada.

I just paid this and it hurts. That's why I want to complain about it.

I ordered 6 boxes of AF Double Apple from HookahJohn with shipping and handling $90.13.

They charged me $109.02 for customs. TFOOH.

I am mad. I wanna go break something. No I have to find a new way to get my double apples in.

this is interesting because up until my last order, none of my packages were ever opened, not one. the last order i made was in mid february and it was opened, inspected, and i was charged duties. nowhere near as much as you, i had ordered 7 250grams (AF, Nak, SB) and 1 100gram of SB, totaling 1,850 grams of tobacco. i was charged less than $30 for customs.

maybe customs is finally starting to pick up on the fact that were importing it in, just out of curiosity, what was the package description John put down for customs...flavored molasses?

btw, i think they charged you wayyyy too much for customs, i cant remember where but someone posted up the tax for pipe tobacco (either here or on another forum). for the total price you paid i think you could have just purchased everything locally for cheaper lol Edited by wesclrg

Yes. The package said "flavored molasses". Content "Gift".

Customs Form:
Canadian Classification is [b]"2403100011 Tobacco Pipe Res DNP over 200. [/b]
Value for Duty:[b] "$45.85" [/b]
Rate [b]"14.462500" [/b]
Amount [b]"$86.78" [/b]
GST/HST "[b]$17.24"[/b] << Bastards, they even taxed the duties.

Total: [b]$109.02[/b]

My order consisted of 6 x 250g AF DA

Exporter: [b]NADDOUR, JOHN CALIFORNIA [/b]
BADGE [b]17688 097/222[/b]

Looks like they tagged John like they did to a couple of other Vendors before. All good things have to end =( Now I have this very expensive shisha here that I will have to cherish for a while. For my next order, I have ask my buddy in Boston to start sending me shisha under different names from different locations.

All I can say is KHHHHHHHHHH TFOOOOOH on our customs. I have no respect or love for those shisha Nazis...

A buddy of mine orders Knives, Cell Phone Blockers, and alot of crazy stuff and they always make it through. But my innocent shisha gets caught. In the last few years, I have paid over $500 in customs. I am not rich, but shisha keeps me sane. I know I am a shisha-head. But it is the only "bad" thing I do since I got married and it relaxes me, if it shaves few years off my life I do not care but without it, it would have been miserable years anyways. :)

Ok Now I feel much better, thanks for the support guys. Next time I have a fight with my wife I will come here too :) hehehehe. You are better than Dr Phill.

Have a friend in the States that you could get it mailed to, then they could mail it to you? If you opened a Fedex account in your name, he could use your acct number and it would be charged to your card.

[quote name='mxtaylor' date='30 March 2010 - 04:59 AM' timestamp='1269921553' post='460688']
Have a friend in the States that you could get it mailed to, then they could mail it to you? If you opened a Fedex account in your name, he could use your acct number and it would be charged to your card.
[/quote]

Any package that I have received through Fedex or UPS gets searched religiously. USPS seems to be the safest bet.

you think shisha is bad try dealing in airsoft...

ship fast and use a vague description. the faster you ship the less likely the problems. i would try 2nd day air or over night for best results. if its labeled as tobacco still or they have his shipping location flagged your probably SOL.