How To Make A Tealight Mod Tutorial

Chreees

Making this a thread since people ask about it so much and when I looked into it there were no really good pics to show you how exactly to do it...
Take a tealight candle and make triangle cuts in it using scissors...

Don't be afraid to pack it tight like you would normally... It won't affect performance. No, this does not restrict draw. Enjoy.

• Upvote 1

[quote name='Codename067' date='06 February 2010 - 03:03 AM' timestamp='1265446983' post='450032']
Clever stuff man!
[/quote]

Thanks. I didn't make up the idea of it, but felt there needed to be a proper how-to. I've found that it actually makes the flavor more intense and also gives me denser clouds. I mainly use it to save shisha, though, because my small is really deep. When I get my mini phunnel I'll probably be retiring the tealight mod, however. The mini will be used to short, one round of coals smoke, and the small will be used for longer sessions.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Scott' date='18 February 2010 - 05:11 PM' timestamp='1266534709' post='452276']
About how many grams does it hold with the mod? I don't have enough money to fill a phunnel bowl everytime I wanna smoke. Also, are there any places to still buy a scalli mod?
[/quote]

I'm not sure, as I don't weight shisha... But I'd say it holds about half as much with the mod in. There's not reason to buy a scalli mod... This is the exact same thing.

[quote name='Scott' date='18 February 2010 - 09:37 PM' timestamp='1266550676' post='452318']
Oh, okay. Thanks for the information. I have yet to buy my phunnel bowl, but I am going to next weekend.
[/quote]

No problem man. PM me if you have anymore questions.

• 2 weeks later...
works perfect, just tried it (though the only way to get one of those candles was to buy a bag of 100 lol)

[quote name='A13lackFish' date='27 February 2010 - 01:05 PM' timestamp='1267297554' post='454177']
works perfect, just tried it (though the only way to get one of those candles was to buy a bag of 100 lol)
[/quote]

Yeah, I've got tons left... lol.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='ryeguy' date='09 March 2010 - 11:15 PM' timestamp='1268198101' post='456251']
Do you still poke holes above the candle?
[/quote]

No.

[quote name='Venger' date='10 March 2010 - 07:21 PM' timestamp='1268270492' post='456446']
just set this up for my vortex. It is deep as hell. works like a charm. thx
Ray
[/quote]

No problem dude. Glad we got you smoking good!

• 2 months later...
so i just cut my tea light up, laid into my phunnel bowl ( its a medium i believe), and noticed that the "legs" of the tea light frame do not reach the bottom of the reservoir, the tea light frame sits directly on the phunnel hole in the bowl. im hesitant on packing this up b/c my bowl holds a lot of shisha, id rather not waste it if this does not work. would how the tea light frame is sitting on the hole directly make this not work? im thinking yes, but there seems to be a small chance this could actually work.

thanks in advance.

-braid

[quote name='sbraid' date='18 May 2010 - 09:34 AM' timestamp='1274193260' post='468501']
so i just cut my tea light up, laid into my phunnel bowl ( its a medium i believe), and noticed that the "legs" of the tea light frame do not reach the bottom of the reservoir, the tea light frame sits directly on the phunnel hole in the bowl. im hesitant on packing this up b/c my bowl holds a lot of shisha, id rather not waste it if this does not work. would how the tea light frame is sitting on the hole directly make this not work? im thinking yes, but there seems to be a small chance this could actually work.

thanks in advance.

-braid
[/quote]

no, it shouldn't work, if there is no airflow, there is no airflow. You might have gotten the wrong tea-light candles. They make like 2 different sizes, they make the regular sized ones like shown in the pick, but i have also noticed that they have gotten cheap and have started making shorter ones that are about half the height, most of these shorter ones can be found at the dollar store, but you DON'T want one of those, you want the regular tea-light candle. The regular ones will be like 5/8" tall, the short ones are like 1/4" tall.

actually, if you have an alien phunnel bowl, the shorter tea light candles may work.