Plastic Taste

So I just bought a hookah from Syria I think it was, and a brand new hose. Not too sure what kind because it's at my friends house. I was just wondering if it was normal for the first 5 min or so of smoking to taste like plastic. Is it?
And is that because of the hookah or the hose?
I was smoking SB Blue Mist btw.

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Jul 15 2009, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, just smoke through it. Its normalish. A good leather hose wouldn't do that, but a plastic Chinese hose will.

nearly all my KM hoses have this plasticy/metallic taste...it goes away anywhere from a few pulls to a few sessions. bleh.

As stated the taste is from the hose. Which also should mean its washable. So if you would rather get rid of the taste without having to suffer through it for a few sessions, get you some lemon juice, and hot water. Pour a bit of lemon juice in the hose, then add hot water to fill it up about half way full. Then using your fingers to cap the ends, just slosh it around a bit. Drain it out, run more hot water through, and blow through a bit, and hang to dry wink.gif

Or you could just smoke the taste away xD

Be careful, you want to make sure its a washable hose first. Smoking rust is no fun.

Same with a regular classic tobacco smoking pipe. You need to smoke it until a thick layer forms inside and "sweetens" the pipe. Back when I was 15-17. But its rare that a new hose needs more than one smoke to get it going.

If you have a friend who is a student and lives with a bunch of roomates. Give them the hose to smoke with it for a week or so. I did that for a hose that I used like 5 times with no luck. Those guys would smoke using it a bunch of times a day and they really do not mind shitty shisha or crappy plastic taste.