Ball Bearing Came Out Of Hookah Hose

stabaaa

So a ball bearing randomly came out of my hookah hose while someone was using it, and my first suspicion was that someone had unscrewed something and took it out, but i checked around the hose and nothing seemed to be able to be unscrewed....
I'm just wondering how to put it back, or whether or not it matters if one of the bearings is missing.. please help!

QUOTE (stabaaa @ Jul 3 2009, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So a ball bearing randomly came out of my hookah hose while someone was using it, and my first suspicion was that someone had unscrewed something and took it out, but i checked around the hose and nothing seemed to be able to be unscrewed....
I'm just wondering how to put it back, or whether or not it matters if one of the bearings is missing.. please help!

thats odd. do you have autoseal ports?

if it works without the bearing I wouldn't worry about it.

• 8 months later...
it is for the check valve it is not required if your using one hose if using multiples put some colored electrical tape on it so you can remember which one it is and who ever uses that hose needs to follow procedure and thumb the opening when not in use. No big. If it fell which end did it fall out of if it was the mouth piece then drop it back in and see if it comes out the bottom if it was the bottom the funnel that it would rest in is shot and it will no longer functions as a check. you can still use the hose as mentioned above.

the way it would work is you inhale it lifts the ball to allow smoke to pass. some one else inhales it pulls the ball down closing that hose so no air leaks in.

• 2 weeks later...
yeah, smoking my friends hookah before one of the ball bearing must have split in half or something and came out of the hose and the kid swallowed it and felt like shit the next day. Anywho, if you still have it just unscrew the port and put it back in...be careful if it keeps coming out tho. You can leave it out and just thumb over the hose too

if it's a multiple hose hookah, you can always cork the port that the bearing cameout of when you smoke alone and thumb the hose when you are with other people...thats what i do...i really dislike ball bearings