I Wish We Could Smoke In The Movie Theater.

I've actually considered this as a business plan because a theater near me shut down, so it'd be perfect, just have to make a few adjustments. Plus you'd have to keep maximum monitoring on the place because of sneaky people, if you know what I mean.

I second, that would be sweet.... although with a theatre full of bubbling hookahs.... be sure to put in a kick ass sound system!

Movie Diffusers !!!!!

it could be 3-d with all the smoke in the air =) I bet there'd have to be some really good ventilation so the smoke doesn't get too thick for the screen, and I'd imagine if there's 100 seats, there's only gonna be 30-50 hookahs, most peeps will get one to share with 1 or 2 other folks. Just my guess. Would be cool though, and the diffusers could def help out with the noise.

-Z

And noone thought to mention the absurd fire hazard? A packed room in a movie theater on a good day often takes several minutes to vacate, and that's with people thinking clearly, with lights on...

Nice thought, horrible idea.

QUOTE (AKammenzind @ Apr 23 2009, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And noone thought to mention the absurd fire hazard? A packed room in a movie theater on a good day often takes several minutes to vacate, and that's with people thinking clearly, with lights on...

psshhh who cares about the fire hazard, I just want to make sure i dont miss any scenes of high school musical 3.

QUOTE (AKammenzind @ Apr 23 2009, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have the hookahs built into the seating under the cupholder spot. ie. put the bowl right under the normal cup holder spot, so that people can just put the coals in the cup holder(of course use a different material than plastic or metal). That way they are out of the way so if vacate needs to occur, the hookaks are not in the way. Then, make the floor and seats out of nonflammable materials. Then, don't let morons into the movie. Problem solved.

Edit: Skip everything else and just don't let morons in and you should be fine. Edited by delSol_si

Too much of a Liability.... It cool for a lounge maybe to have a movie going at the same time but a movie theater with shisha?

The liability of people sneaking NHT in the hookah, and the fact some one tipping hookahs over burning seats and rug..

Fuggetabout it..

It would be doable but it just depends on the direction you're coming from.

Similar to the places that do dinner and a movie all at the same time. You'd have tables, booths, couches etc. Rather than just straight up chairs, with more clear lines of site to exits.

Little fire retardant spray and/or material here and there. Hookah chests that would keep each hookah in it's place. Ventilation is easy (same idea i had for my hookah bar with ventilation) And it wouldn't interfere with the movie.

The only thing would be keeping watchful eye on all the hookahs. So In my dream I had a section(s) just for hookah smokers. Much more contained and easier to control/monitor.

QUOTE (newjacksm @ Apr 23 2009, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Too much of a Liability.... It cool for a lounge maybe to have a movie going at the same time but a movie theater with shisha?

The liability of people sneaking NHT in the hookah, and the fact some one tipping hookahs over burning seats and rug..

Fuggetabout it..

That was my first thought, that and the coals falling over...

There's only one way I see this happening...

Install a few central shisha systems, kinda like a central vacuum system. (Reverse vacuum though)

People rent hoses from you, and they can plug into a variety of flavors (maybe 2 or 3 flavors they can choose from, or even choose seating based on flavor)

If you can solve the technological problem of centralizing the shisha and just pumping the smoke out, you got a killer idea smile.gif

I took over my garage last year for hookah smoking. We have a couch and 6-7 chairs. on any given night 4-5 hookahs were going. But my buddy set up a projector and we hung a sheet for the screen.

It was cool for a wile but i think that it takes away from the hookah experience it draws attention away from conversation.

It wouldn't actually be that hard to get around. The problem is it would never really do well save maybe in a HUGE city, after all hookah does not appeal to as many people as alcohol. The hookahs would simply have to be incorporated into a table. That could easily make it safe. But bringing new coals and stuff could largely kill the experience with all the moving around and stuff. Hookah isn't an activity that, when social, is meant to be in silence. In my humble opinion biggrin.gif.

after the theatre idea we can work on the bowling alleys serving hookahs instead of alcohol in between frames, too.