• 6 months later...
its bad.
they did a lab test on all the e-cigarette chemical components and they found that almost all of them are still very dangerous and contained the chemicals they claim to not contain. since e-hookahs would be using the same stuff in their cartridges i would assume it would be just as dangerous.

I don't see the reason for an e-hookah @ $290. I could buy a lot of vaping supplies for that much dough. Not to mention, for $50 I could get a Puresmoker passthru, with extra parts, and achieve the same thing. Or just stick to my hookahs.

On the e-cig health concern front, by the FDAs own tests (results on the FDA.gov website) the e-cig is just as unhealthy as the patch, inhaler, gum when it comes to nitrosamines (carcinogens). This is something not mentioned in the FDA e-cig test but can easily be compared using published test data from all products. I'd be more concerned about the dihydrogen monoxide content of the ecig personally. Either way, the ecig is way way way less harmful than smoking cigarettes, which is what the ecig is, cigarette alternative for people already addicted to cigarettes. Edited by Straykat

QUOTE (agstevens @ Oct 28 2009, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It probably doesn't produce the same amount of smoke that a real hookah produces which alot of hookah smokers like. Or mabey t=it does i'm just guessing.

I was wondering about that. GreenSmoke does kick out a lot of smoke, but enough for a Hookah? Maybe, we shall see.

As for the health things, I've read the FDA report and laugh that "detectable" amounts they were unable to quantify because the equipment was not sensitive enough to quanify levels that low of five TSNA's made them decide e-cigs were dangerous when all other smoking methods contain way more then "detectable" amounts.

But it is interesting to see the spin machine in action. I mean right now i'm drinking my coffee, made with dihydrogen monoxide, a component of antifreeze and many other well known poisions, as well as chocolate, a substance known to contain many carcinocens, while browsing on my laptop, powered by a lithium battery which have been known to spontaneously combust resulting in airline pilots to call for the banning of their shipment on commercial flights and tonight i'm going to a haunted house, where I will be exposed to high levels of Propylene Glycol, another component of antifreeze and pesticide foggers. Is anything safe when we start spinning it like that?

Thank goodness so far, Hookah's are under the anti smoking groups radar, mostly. With all the studies showing Hookahs to be dangerous, I"m glad the FDA is prohibited for now from coming after them!

Thanks for the feedback you guys! Edited by RegManabq

Jeeze it's expensive...but all there sales will probably come from the whole "IT'S GREEN!" mellow.gif which will get people who think riding there bike ten miles in the rain will save a million tree's ....so I guess it's a good business idea but eh does not tickle my fancy I can think of way to many things to buy for that much...

• 11 months later...
[quote name='RegManabq' timestamp='1256848141' post='422666']
QUOTE (agstevens @ Oct 28 2009, 03:59 PM) It probably doesn't produce the same amount of smoke that a real hookah produces which alot of hookah smokers like. Or mabey t=it does i'm just guessing.

I was wondering about that. GreenSmoke does kick out a lot of smoke, but enough for a Hookah? Maybe, we shall see.

As for the health things, I've read the FDA report and laugh that "detectable" amounts they were unable to quantify because the equipment was not sensitive enough to quanify levels that low of five TSNA's made them decide e-cigs were dangerous when all other smoking methods contain way more then "detectable" amounts.

But it is interesting to see the spin machine in action. I mean right now i'm drinking my coffee, made with dihydrogen monoxide, a component of antifreeze and many other well known poisions, as well as chocolate, a substance known to contain many carcinocens, while browsing on my laptop, powered by a lithium battery which have been known to spontaneously combust resulting in airline pilots to call for the banning of their shipment on commercial flights and tonight i'm going to a haunted house, where I will be exposed to high levels of Propylene Glycol, another component of antifreeze and pesticide foggers. Is anything safe when we start spinning it like that?

Thank goodness so far, Hookah's are under the anti smoking groups radar, mostly. With all the studies showing Hookahs to be dangerous, I"m glad the FDA is prohibited for now from coming after them!

Thanks for the feedback you guys!
[/quote]

Excellent points! It's amazing so many people actually think a water vapor with 2 to 4 additives in such minute quantity is actually more dangerous then burning tobacco which has 4000 additives in it lol.

At any rate I did reference this thread in [url="http://vaporjunkies.com/news/2010/10/03/e-hookah-hitting-the-electronic-cigarette-market/"]my latest blog post[/url] regarding e hookahs. The main question I see here is who will spend the money for it?

Any way glad I found this forum as I like hookahs too and will make this a regular stop from now on :)

[quote name='VaporHead' timestamp='1286124001' post='483831']
[quote name='RegManabq' timestamp='1256848141' post='422666']
QUOTE (agstevens @ Oct 28 2009, 03:59 PM) It probably doesn't produce the same amount of smoke that a real hookah produces which alot of hookah smokers like. Or mabey t=it does i'm just guessing.

Thanks for the feedback you guys!
[/quote]

Excellent points! It's amazing so many people actually think a water vapor with 2 to 4 additives in such minute quantity is actually more dangerous then burning tobacco which has 4000 additives in it lol.

At any rate I did reference this thread in [url="http://vaporjunkies.com/news/2010/10/03/e-hookah-hitting-the-electronic-cigarette-market/"]my latest blog post[/url] regarding e hookahs. The main question I see here is who will spend the money for it?

Any way glad I found this forum as I like hookahs too and will make this a regular stop from now on :)
[/quote]

As my grandpa used to say, "dont fix it if it aint broke"

Welcome to the forum by the way!

I know a bunch of people who used to use E-cigarettes, and they all quickly switched back to regular smokes. The E-cig vapor has a much different texture than normal smoke, I think. A very noticeable and terrible difference.