Cigar Talk

SixPackSunday

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought an Acid Tea for myself today. It was very good, but the cigar was super super dry. Half of the wrapper flaked off almost immediately. Now I just need to try one that has been humidified properly (my fault for buying it from a head shop instead of a proper cigar store).

I like macanudos as a sort of "daily" smoker. But for weekend smokes I like La Primadoras. Especially their darker ones. The darker the better. CAOs are good on special occasions. For a good newbie purchase. I would get a 5 of this:

http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?page=cig...erfeit%20cubans

and a couple of CAOs and see how you like it. If you dont, then you're less likely to be a cigar guy.

• 1 month later...
Zinite, glad to hear you tried the Cold Tea Infusion! Which makes me wonder, is there any way to salvage a cigar that has been stored improperly? I have never really considered it, even though I have had some pretty terrible cigars in my day...

[quote name='NIGHTS OF BAGHDAD' date='22 November 2009 - 11:50 PM' timestamp='1258959035' post='431019']
only acid worth buying is the kuba kuba, i dont really care for flavored cigars
[/quote]

Nah dawg, the Wild Hare (which I believe is a spec's exclusive) is amazing. smooth smoke, excellent flavoring, ~7 and a half a stick.

[quote name='seefoodlover' date='10 January 2010 - 10:29 PM' timestamp='1263187795' post='444478']
Zinite, glad to hear you tried the Cold Tea Infusion! Which makes me wonder, is there any way to salvage a cigar that has been stored improperly? I have never really considered it, even though I have had some pretty terrible cigars in my day...
[/quote]

Can't do much about a wrapper so dry that it falls apart. You can stick it in a humidifier though - assuming it's at the proper temp/humidity, it will help.

I'm not a big Cigar person... But we did a good $5 Cigar went to a park and sat and enjoyed the park while smoking. I also learned that if you go past and smoke a cigar past the point of it sort of giving your tongue that weird feeling then you get a head High from hell... 0_0 it was the worst one I've had...the Cigars were good the head high bad... that and they make me spit like there is no tomorrow when I smoke them... it gets annoying sometimes.. even if it's the Cigarellos like Prime Time with the filter...I spit like crazy...so I don't smoke them often

• 3 weeks later...
Any of you guys ever get a buzz off of your cigar? Was smoking a La Flor Dominicana Ligero the other night, and it gave me quite a buzz (no i didn't inhale). This happens to me from time to time, just wonderin if any of you other guys get a buzz off of a cigar?