Hookah Making You Tired?

Here's a little drink I learned about recently. If you're like me and smoking shisha makes you tired/light-headed, then this will do the trick: you'll need a cucumber and a lemon or lime. Cut a few thin slices of each and drop it into a glass along with a few ice cubes, fill 'er up with water and enjoy your session. When you're finished your first glass, just refill with water (no need for fresh slices). Also, you can make a whole pitcher of this stuff, just use more slices of cucumber and lemon.
I don't really know how it works but this drink helps me keep a clear head while smoking shisha. It's also awesome when you aren't smoking and just feel a bit tired. Hope it works for you smile.gif

If you got other tips please post back as well.

QUOTE (jayson @ Jan 17 2008, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most sushi restaurants put cucumber slices in the pitcher of water. That's why the water always has a slightly distinct taste. Not sure why they do this.

Helps to cleans the palate... vs. any other kind of restaurant (Italian/American/bar & grill etc.) that puts lemons in their waters. Different tastes from the food... cucumber is more suitable to cleans your palate after you've been eating sushi/seafood.

Yup, can definitely confirm the palate-cleaning effect. Ever since I started drinking this with my shisha, each drag is full of flavour.

The ice part is important. For me, that's the most important part, cooling the smoke, makes a big difference. Will try the lemon slices that's a good idea.

I picked up concentrated fruit juice in a bottle today, the one that looks and pours like syrup. Anyone tried that, will try it tomorrow.

jerrysalem... I actually meant a side drink whilst smoking hookah, not stuffing lemon and cucumber slices in the base. But now that you mention it...

QUOTE (erufiku @ Jan 19 2008, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
jerrysalem... I actually meant a side drink whilst smoking hookah, not stuffing lemon and cucumber slices in the base. But now that you mention it...

My roomate puts lemons in our hookah when we smoke earl grey tea flavor, its actually very good

Many people have replied that they're going to try it. So, any impressions? Personally I'm hooked and drink this all day long now happy.gif

well i was a bit skeptical at first, but im drinking this now and its really good biggrin.gif has a nice taste to it. i cut a cucumber slice, medium thickness into 4 pieces and put 2 in a glass then i cut 2 slices of lemon, roughly the same size as the cucumber and filled the glass. has a really nice taste, im gonna have to try this with hookah one day biggrin.gif