The Biggest Loser

Giant Ninja Robot

GNR THE BIGGEST LOSER?

About 5 of my coworkers and I have decided to undergo our own biggest loser tournament. We started yesterday. At 6'3" I weighed in at 305 lbs, the heaviest I've ever been. I am going to kick ass. At an earlier point in my life I lost about 80 lbs and kept it off for a few years so I know I can do it again. I heard through the grapevine that I'm the favorite to win (the skinny people said so) so I have fans I can't let down.

I've intended to do this all year anyway and have pussied out each time. In the last month my wife has lost 15 lbs and I refuse to be the funny fat husband to the hot wife. According to Jim makes me want to vomit. Can't hurt to win the cashola in the pool either.

At any rate I have the knowhow and equipment so it's a matter of staying on it and commiting long term, essentially building new habits and creating stronger self discipline.

or in a nutshell - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAT5ypTjKOI

Wish me luck!!!

There's a lot of talking about losing weight on this forum. Maybe you should all get together and organise a diet boot camp with Chuck Norris as bad ass drill instructor. Your extra pounds will be gone before you can say roundhouse kick!

Good luck and kick everyone's fat ass! Ive heard about people doing that in the workplace. Its a nice little motivation when there is money involved. I think the place that I remember doing it the grand prize was a winner take all $1000. They had quite a few people in on it. Anyways, good luck and whenever you need motivation, get on here and Im sure some of us could verbally abuse you in the chat!

Yeah the hookah will play into things. When I'm feeling an insatiable urge to eat I can just set up and smoke something tasty, and drink water to hold off the appetite monster.

If this prize was 1000 bucks I would be excercising till puking every damn day are you kidding me? I think it'll be more around 100-150 just a little added incentive since most of us are broke asses anyway.

The competition ends at the end of Febuary so I figure at the minimum if I lose 3 lbs a week which is plausable, I'll be 42 lbs lighter come Febuary 28. I'd eventually like to lose about 70-80lbs so that would put me well on the way to my goal.

I worked out today - I'm out of shape and I hurt....

Word Stuie, I'll post my updates there since it makes the most sense and frankly I don't wanna keep reviving this thread over the next 3.5 months smile.gif

Did pretty damn well today but it was tough to stay away from all the bad stuff I've been habitually eating for months and months (ok years).

I still hurt.

Maybe someone could do a hookah-incentive on here? That would be a good contest...although I think we would need some kind of notary/picutres/witnesses that way everyone can be sure that no one lied for the hookah!

QUOTE (Kathrynx @ Nov 11 2008, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe someone could do a hookah-incentive on here? That would be a good contest...although I think we would need some kind of notary/picutres/witnesses that way everyone can be sure that no one lied for the hookah!

Kathryn, that's not a bad idea. I might try to put that together starting at the first of the year, but I want to compete....so that's a conundrum.

Thanks for the positive moral support Joel negative.gif Edited by giant ninja robot

Update! Week one down!

The stats - 6'3", large frame, 305lbs

As of today - 301-302 lbs!

I've been doing cardio (exercise bike and walking) and free weight accompanied-core exercises comprised of dumbbell squats, dumbbell chest presses, and dumbbell crunches which will eventually become dumbbell reverse situps when I have the strength to do so.

And eating well although today was a bad day, waaay too many carbs, it was our 5th wedding anniversary so we kinda splurged. Edited by giant ninja robot

• 3 weeks later...
So myself, my girlfriend, and a couple other friends/relatives are all pretty severely overweight (250-350 ish at a guess) and I've been thinking about starting our own biggest loser competition, and maybe livening it up with a wager.

Problem is, we all seem pretty discouraged with exercising and losing weight. Any ideas how I could present the idea to them and get us motivated?

I like the wager idea. Just constantly be bouncing ideas off one another. It takes about 3 weeks for your body to get used to the intense exercise regimen and after that its just golden all the way through. You start to get used to it more and more. I dropped 20 lbs working for FedEx. Hard labor earning pretty good money is a winner.

Well I was sick for 2.5 weeks and was only able to work out twice in that time...

none too happy but i was back at it 2 days ago as soon as i felt better which im pretty proud of as in the past this is when I would give up.

More firmupdates when I'm back in the swing of things.

Yeah AK, I think you need to find a balance of competition and support/accountability to make it work. That's what we're doing right now and it's working for most of us, although some have already fallen off (or just never started)