a collection fit for a King

ok guys, here's an interesting idea for all the shishaholics.

pick a collection of 5-10 flavours which you feel is the ultimate way for a beginner to get started, or an expert to indulge. Justify your reasons if possible.

1) Fumari watermelon : superb unique flavour, great way to impress guests, and beginners will forget that they are actually damaging their health.
2) Apple Fakher: the classic of classic smokes, more appreciated by the experienced smoker for its fine balance of luxurious flavour and smoke that can never be boring. The one flavour that is very difficult to tire of.
3) Grape fakher: another classic. This is the flavour that shoots you down with its brilliance. There is always room for grape fakher, and this particular flavour is a perfect demonstration of how premium tobacco should be. another one to impress guests.
4) Amir Cherry: perfect for relaxing to a movie or trying to calm yourself during a sports event. subtle cherry flavour that oozes luxury and can be smoked in any situation where you want to relax on your own.
5) Romman Lemon: great way to interrupt your monotonous routine of one flavour. A refreshing smoke that wakes up your tastebuds and is great for the time you want to 'smoke something different for a change'
6) Fumari Mint Choc Chip:
open up your sinuses, for a fantastic mint explosion, that cools your sensations, with a deceptive chocolaty undertone that you can feel but never quite be able to pinpoint.
7) Golden Strawberry Fakher: similar to cherry, in a relaxing subtle way. Authentic strawberry flavour that is difficult to go wrong with. Great whilst sitting on the computer with a lovely strawberry taste in the background.
8) Nakhla 2 Apples: no shisha collection is complete without a bahraini liquorice injection. strong, smokeable by most, and a great smoke when you want your shisha to have a bite, a kick, and a great reminder of how powerful a smoke can get.

thats my ideal collection of which I have all of them anyway. there were a few flavours more I could add, but I feel this is the ideal stock I'd like to have myself, where I can cover my bases for all occasions.
would like to see anyone elses recommendations for the ideal shisha collection. Or opinions on some of the flavours.
if you do recommend a collection, the please keep it between 5-10 tobaccos.

Ok, I'm an Al Fakher bigot 

here goes, in no particular order:

1) Grape
2) Orange (my personal fav)
3) Cappucino
4) Strawberry
5) Cherry + Cola
6) Vanilla (ok this is Al Wahahahahah... Fakher doesn't make
vanilla. dammit.) + orange.  Can you say 50-50 bar?
7) Rose  
 &nbs p;  &nbs p;
+--------  florals for the chicks.  You DID want to get laid, right?
8) Jasmine /
9) Apple
10) Banana

Also, I've had pretty good luck w/ 3 kings 40mm, usually broken in
half, as well as one of the metal screens.  Takes a bit longer to
get going but overall less trouble than foil, mainly because they don't
sag due to heat expansion when you place your coals on top.  I
would like to find some sort of heat proof squishy/resilient gasket to
place between the screen and the bowl, as well as a screen w/smaller
holes.  I cheat on lighting coals with a torch lighter, though I
may have to break down and get one of those creme brulee torches that
Mathazar likes.

Just my $.02 ( or $.000000000000000000002 after taxes - hmmmm, maybe my opinion isn't worth sh1t )

1) Abu Haitham Apple: The Classic, the taste of the Arab world2) Fakher GS Black Grapes: Easy to impress experienced and non-experienced hookeh smokers with a ovherwhealming sweet end bold smoke3) Romman or Fakher Doubble Apple:Any beginner has to taste the typical Bahreini (licorice) flavor4)Al Qemah Appleexperience strongness of tobacco tase combined with a fantastic weired sweet apple taste 5)Al Amir Grapewhat a grape taste with the smoothest smoke ever, so different to Fakher6)Fakher GS Strawberrysmooth, sweet and mild Strawberry-Mania7)Abu Haitham Jasminhave a cup of Jasmin-tee and experience an asian hookah-flair8)Moassel Sidi Mansour AppleTunisiana tobacco is so different to the arab tobbaco: smooth and decent apple flavor 9)Fakher PlumThis flavor is so unique, a must to try once. Very similar to Amir Peach.10)Abu Haitham MintThe Blow-out-your-brain experience........................................................(11)Layalina Eskanderanitypical sour-apple flavor(12)Fakher Colaso sweet and bold (13)Layalina Cherry(14)Al Danah Apple(15)Fakher Cappotchino........................................................groetjes, tobbsman

I thought these were to be flavors for the BEGINNER!
We're hyping some advanced flavors here that might be hard to find for the beginner but at least some GREAT flavors are recommended. I would be amiss if I didn't recommend The Al Fakher Golden Seal Eskandrani (green) Apple.
Some other ones are the Fumari Guava and the AFGS black grape and AFGS strawberry. The only Al Waha I like is the 5-Stars in the blue tub.
--Reiner

[quote name='HookahCulture']I thought these were to be flavors for the BEGINNER!  
We're hyping some advanced flavors here that might be hard to find for the beginner but at least some GREAT flavors are recommended. I would be amiss if I didn't recommend The Al Fakher Golden Seal Eskandrani (green) Apple.
Some other ones are the Fumari Guava and the AFGS black grape and AFGS strawberry. The only Al Waha I like is the 5-Stars in the blue tub.
--Reiner[/quote]

good to see you around HC. No surprises with your fave flavour
you got quite a few posts now, you should jump on the bandwagon and one-line your way to moderator status  seems pretty popular these days.
I did mention in the opening post the flavours "for the beginner to enjoy, or the expert to INDULGE" . I still think though that if the beginners have got the cash to spend, they may as well go for the good stuff. After all, fakher is what 3 dollars more than the cheap stuff.
nice posts people, I think it's quite nice to have a thread with peoples recommendations for the essential flavours to have.
One additional point, is to recommend for anyone interested in this thread to only buy 50g packs initially to get a feel for particular flavours.

[quote name='King Mo']One additional point, is to recommend for anyone
interested in this thread to only buy 50g packs initially to get a feel
for particular flavours.
 [/quote]

Failure to adhere to this rule would explain the glut of 250g jars in my cupboard

In for a penny, in for a pound...

Hey hey! Now this is my kinda thread! 

Okay, so from my experiances with massell heres the my personal
list of flavors for everyone to enjoy. (Note: This list is subject to
change in the event that one of the new flavors I got from Mushrat
turns out to be a mind blowing life changing experiance )

1. Al-Fakher Golden Seal Eskandarani Apple

A smoothe and bubbley feeling green apple champagne type flavor that I
almost always use to introduce people to the hookah. Also a flavor that
I find deleciously indulgent to smoke by myself.

2. Romman Peach

A deeply aromatic and fresh peach flavor thats easy on the lungs
and leaves your mouth watering. It may seem a little expensive to most
beginners but once they try a 50 gram sample pack they'll be kicking
themselves for not buying a 250 gram box

3. Nakhla Apple

Still my favorite apple after all these years. Theres somthing
delecious and addictive about the flavor that really drives me to go
back and buy jar after jar of it. And did I mention the buzz is brain
scrambling?

4. Nakhla/El-Basha Strawberry, Mint, Cherry, Sweet Melon, Apricot,
Rose, Eskandarany Apple, and Double Apple (and possibly Grape, Lemon,
Caramel, Cappuccino, and Mango as well).

I love Nakhla's addictively unique versions of flavors, thick
milky smoke, and intense buzz. It may not be right for everyone but it
certainly is right for me. Plus Nakhla Strawberry was the first thing I
ever smoked. Need I say more?

6. Al-Fakher Grape

A delecious "white grape juice/white wine" flavor that is sure to satisfy the young and old alike.

7. Al-Fakher Strawberry

Mmm...Strawberry cheesecake... (Come on! Who doesnt like strawberry cheesecake!?)

8. Al-Amir Grape

Tastes just like grape bubblegum. Completely different from Al-Fakher grape and a great choice for almost any ocassion.

9. Al-Waha Honey

It can be a little harsh on the throat but the fresh honey flavor
of the smoke is somthing any experianced (and most unexperianced)
smoker can enjoy.

10. Al-Waha 5 Star Mix

A delecious fruit explosion. Probably the only really good mixed
fruit I've ever had. Tastes kind of like that Fruit Stripe gum only
with way more flavor. Although light in the buzz department its a real
treat for the taste buds.