Just Bought My First Hookah

Well there is nothing of any real substance to this but I am happy that I found a cheap and probably decent Hookah. I got a Taqseem Junior one that was on special it was only $30 Canadian total including s/h.  Can't go wrong at that price.  So even if it does get stopped at the border the duty will be small. Here is a link:
[url="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=596&item=5382509623&tc=photo"] [url="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=5"]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...Item&category=5[/url][/url] 96&item=5382509623&tc=photo
I think it will turn out to be a good thing, I'm going treeplanting this summer and it would be nice on some nights to have it for social purposes.  I will be a very infrequent smoker though for health reasons.  Unfortunately the only massel I have access to is Nahkla, possibly more flavors when I get back from school and into a city.  I'm not gonna lie I'm pretty excited, which seems kinda lame but whatever.  Now I just gotta wait till probably tuesday or wednesday next week.  Peace.

Not lame, it's something to look forward to.
Nakhla isn't as bad as people make it sound.  It smokes cleanly (not as cleanly as premium blends) and has a flavor to it, just have to find the right one.  I recommend two apple with a tiny bit of mint to make it pleasant.

Thats good to hear.  I dont think I would like the licorice taste of double apple much.  Melon and Lemon sound like they would be more my kind of deal.  I am going to be hating paying Canadian prices for massel though, I think it is around 18.99 for 50g packs where I saw it or about $15 bucks american.  Thats a tough bullet to bite.  I was considering the internet option but well if it gets caught at customs then I'm set even farther back than before.  We'll see.

Dang, I hope thats $15 for the 250g not the 50g..that'd keep me from smoking...
heck...anyone wants to make payment arrangements with me (no profit, just cost of course) I'd be happy to get ma'asell for canadian folks and send it marked "gift". This is for forum folks of course, not wanting to go into the import/export business..

Oh, and I'd try the 2 apple even if you dont like licorice. i HATE black licorice and I enjoy the stuff. I friend i turned on sunday at a cook out also HATES black licorice but really enjoyed the 2 apple as well.
$.02

ya thats $15 bucks for 50g.  I live in a small area during the school year but I will be back home for a few days and I *think* I should be able to find a better price in the city.  I'm going to be in montreal briefly as well and thats where my friend turned me onto Hookahs so I think I may try and find some there as well. We'll see.  Thanks for the offer on shipping it mushrat but, its a gamble though if it gets opened it ends up costing me more than if I bought it here.  In the next school year though I may try that once or twice since coming from a person I do not know if anything needs to be declared with an invoice the way it does with a company.  I could be wrong.

$34 for a 250 gram??!  That's robbery....I get 250g locally for around 7 bucks!

Oh, and btw, I tried nahkla double apple the other day, and it seemed
really harsh...as in stinging my throat on the way out.  I used
only one coal, so I don't think it got too hot or whatever.  Maybe
I just got a bad batch?  Any thoughts?

Uggh I am little worried about this Hookah now.  I bought it outside of eBay because the way Taqseem had it set up on Ebay it only recognized shipping address in continental US.  Figured I would be fine and still think in the end I will be fine but i haven't heard from him all day and I paid last night.  Maybe that is asking too much but he was very prompt the last two times in responding.  Plus I get super sketched out about buying things over the net anyways.  I'm pretty sure it will be fine though, seems like everyone here has had good things to say about Taqseem.

Scratch that it was shipped this morning!  I am good to go now I just gotta wait and hope for some odd reason it doesnt get stuck in customs for some ridiculous period of time cause it HAS to arrive before the 29th because thats when I leave this house for the summer. 

Bane,
  You pull the foil and LOOK at the ma'asell? I freely admit Nakhla isn't the best, but when it starts getting harsh I pull the foil, stir it a bit and put everything back..once the harsh stuff has been pulled out of the vase it smooths out again. Who knows, I got a bad 2 apple the other day, just tasted foul, threw it out went to another place newly restocked, got another box and it was fine.
Depending on the coal i guess it ispossible to get it too hot even with one. Ive seen folks talk about breaking them up and spreading them around the foil to avoid a hot spot.