Mnh Glass Phunnel Bowl

MNH

I love my small glass phunnel bowl. Very beautiful and very well made. I can't wait to get my glass mod for it. It smokes awesome already, and I am sure it is going to be that much better with it.

Edited by hmpitags2006

• 4 weeks later...
My new phunnel bowl is the creme de la creme. I will never go back to anything else. It smokes real nice and conserves my tobacco. You gotta get a phunnel bowl with a mod if you haven't already done so. You will not be disapointed.

I'd like to add photos of my MNH glass phunnel bowl because it appears just a bit different from the one above. I ordered it in April '07, and asked for a plain glass one without the swirl designs and matching glass mod.

The measurements of my bowl are:
2.5 in. (6.4 cm) diameter (measured from inside of rim to rim)
2.75 in. (7 cm) tall

[attachment=331:mnhonhookah.jpg]

[attachment=329:mnhbowlmeas.jpg]

[attachment=330:holdingmnh.jpg]

[attachment=332:holdingmnhpacked2.jpg]

[attachment=333:holdingmnhpacked.jpg]

[attachment=334:mnhbowlfoil.jpg]

Compared to a standard ceramic bowl...

Pros:
  • Flavor lasts longer.
  • With the mod, can use less shisha for an equivalent smoke.
  • One 3 Kings 33mm coal is perfect for a single serving session and the small amount of shisha pretty much gets used up in that time. Sometimes it lasts longer, though.
  • Keeps gooey liquids in the bowl so they don't run down into the stem and vase.
  • Can peek under the foil and see how the shisha is doing (see last photo). This helped me as a noob to understand what's going on in there. When you pull, the liquid in the bottom of the bowl gurgles around and that's when you have good flavor. When the liquid gets low, so does the flavor. Note that this observation was when using very juicy shisha like Starbuzz and Smiley's.
  • Looks really cool.
Cons:
  • It's $20 bucks and it's glass. I make extra sure to let it cool before washing it because I'm worried about it cracking. If I'm using my Tangiers small phunnel I don't have this worry. Ditto, if I'm using my $4 ceramic bowl.

• 6 months later...
I recently ordered one of the large bowls after reading the reviews, upon using it I was a bit dissapointed. The bowl is anything but large, infact my "large" bowl is significantly smaller than the small bowl pictured above. Also the hole has been sunken into the bowl, making it not so much of a funnel, more of a slight slope, really. After finally being able to load a decent amount into the bowl (after discarding the glass mod for size restriction reasons) it started smoking fairly well, the taste was quite nice, but the construction of the bowl forced me back to my tangiers phunnel before the coals even burnt fully. I'm not sure if this is how they're consistently making them now, because it looks nothing like any of the photos, or if it was just a bad blow, overall, this was $40 I could have easily spent better.

• 1 month later...
Small Glass Funnel and Mod

Love this bowl! A great bowl to my collection and also ordered the mod with it. Plus it looks great and you can custom order the colors you would like. Smoke great and perfect for shorter sessions. Def glad I bought one of these. MNH is also a great company to work with.

• 11 months later...
I got a large funnel for christmas I have only used it once it is pretty big only problem I have with it is the funnel it self is not high enough and if I do pack it to the rim shisha just goes right above the hole making it unusable.

Edited by newjacksm

currently my small glass bowl is a terrible fit on my hookah. my biggest fear was that it would tip over during a session because i have carpet. the other day the bowl actually fell off of my hookah but luckily the coals were off. so which hookahs do you guys recommend using this bowl on? i would have imagined that a standard hookah would be fine but its not...

QUOTE (cotsi95 @ Jan 16 2009, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just go with a different grommet the big thick white ones that are for mod bowls work great for mine.

tried it out and it worked better but still not perfect but thanks for the advice, it was helpful. havent had any accidents so i guess thats what counts but having the thought of it falling off in the middle of a session is pretty annoying. i tried the bowl and a few KMs and it fits perfectly so thats gonna be my next purchase. Edited by wliu003

QUOTE (wliu003 @ Jan 22 2009, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (cotsi95 @ Jan 16 2009, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just go with a different grommet the big thick white ones that are for mod bowls work great for mine.

tried it out and it worked better but still not perfect but thanks for the advice, it was helpful. havent had any accidents so i guess thats what counts but having the thought of it falling off in the middle of a session is pretty annoying. i tried the bowl and a few KMs and it fits perfectly so thats gonna be my next purchase.

ya i use mine on my km with that gromment and its perfect. I still worry about someone knocking into it at the lounge but thats the risk of using it.

yea man i orderd a screen with mine. they take alot more coal but the smoke tastes more pure if that makes any sence. less vapor from the coals in the smoke, ask me and ill bring some pictures up and do a review.

I have a few grudges against the bowl... on my Thalata it doesn't fit as well as the tangier egyptian I got, therefore there is risks of the bowl falling.

It's also very high and it makes it impossible to use a wind cover.

Finally, the center whole should have been made to go higher like tangier's phunnels. When you pack the bowl you gotta clear the hole before putting the foil on and even then sometimes the tobacco will fall in the center hole...

Its very pretty looking, cleans well ...

7/10

• 1 month later...
I just received mine and it works great. It looks beautiful and it saves a lot of shisha compared to the regular small phunnel.

The flavor lasted for me pretty much as long (or longer) than the small phunnel.

Only gripe is that the hole for the smoke is kinda low inside the bowl so you have to pack the shisha carefully.

I give it a 9/10

• 5 months later...
I ordered mine a while ago after reading this review. I ordered the large one with the scali mod. It works great with the mod and I have never tried it without it. I am temped to get the glass screen now after reading the reviews for that. Only bad part about it is that it is very large and sessions can go on for a while. I can't really put a small amount of tobacco in it. Other than that it smokes wonderful. I need to get a wind cover to get heat management working better. I end up going through about 3 coals per session and I have had it last up to 2 hours.

I just ordered a olive wood bowl so I will be trying that out and post up about that in that review part.

Oh and some other bad things about it is the tobacco can get caked on and is really hard to get off. I was it usually right after I use it and it has never cracked or shown of any stress even after running water on it after i use. The scali mod broke after a friend didn't know it was in there and tried throwing the tobacco out. I ended up glueing it back together.
10/10

Edited by LIQUIDGSR

• 6 months later...
[color="#FF0000"][size="3"][b]MNH Mini Phunnel[/b][/size][/color]

[b]Height:[/b] 3-1/8”
[b]Bowl Diameter:[/b] 2”
[b]Bowl Depth:[/b] 3/4”
[b]Bowl Capacity:[/b] 10-15g

[b]Construction: [/b]Glass
[b]Appearance:[/b] Nice Looking
[b]Cleanability: [/b]Easy to clean

[b]Price: [/b] $24.00
[b]
Purchased From: [/b]MNHookahs.com
[b]
Overall:[/b] 8/10 It is a good little bowl but it doesn’t beat a Tangiers Phunnel. My main complaint is the center of the bowl is WAY too low for packing any shisha. Takes a finger over it to pack it the entire time. Smokes good anyways, but packing is a pain on this one.

[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/tunes4x/Hookah%20Bowls/MNHMiniEmpty.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/tunes4x/Hookah%20Bowls/MNHMiniFull.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/tunes4x/Hookah%20Bowls/MNHMiniSetup.jpg[/img]