blowing

ok so i was very tipsy after drinking alot and smoking the hookah.... so i decide to blow hard into the hookah....  it stopped working, so we checked the bowl, water all over the tabacco.  ruined.  how does that happen???

well...
i'd say when you blow into the hookah you are increasing the air pressure in the vase. This increased air pressure forced the water the only way it could go..straight up your center into the bowl.
If youd had a second hose unstopped or an autoseal multihose system it just would have vented the air out one of the hoses.
Important safety tip..thank you Egon.

Does your hookah have a valve with the ball... because when u exhale
into the hose the ball is supose to move up and release the excess
presure.

Try untightning the screw above the ball valve so it could release
presure faster. That would prevent the water rising up into the bowl.

0.02 cents

Dmitri,
Will the autoseal ball pop up and the same time you are bowing down on the hose? Come to think of it CAN you blow into a hose with autoseal? Or do you mean a seperate valve fixture?

Well its a seperate valve apart from your hose.  When you blow
into your hose the ball rises and releases excess pressure. In order
for that valve to work properly, the screw above the valve has to be
loose so the ball inside that valve has area to move when there is
pressure.

Sometimes the ball in the valve will get sticky and freeze up. Sometimes, no matter how hard you blow, it still won't work, causing the water to go through the pipe. Your just lucky it didn't shoot out like a fountain. That is real embarssing in public. If I'm smoking and try to blow gently, and no air comes out the valve, I gently tap the outside of the valve (GENTLY) a few times and try it again. Usually that works. Then the next water change, I unscrew the valve and clean the ball and add a drop of olive oil on it before I put it back together.
MR Bubble

Ah...I have a 4 hose with no extra valve, though i guess thats what I see in many of the 1 hose pictures.
I'll try the olive oil trick as my balls also sometimes stick...er...um....heck you know what i mean....