Ron Paul

Has anyone heard much about the candidate Ron Paul?

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

From what I've found he seems to be a Libertarian running under the republican banner, seems a bit strange but one never knows. He's a christian but because of his apparently strong libertarian views I see no reason why that should be a problem.

IMO he seems like the best choice so far, He's not ultra-liberal or an oil guzzling bastard and I can't see anyone even vaguely libertarian setting up a zionist theocracy =)

I first heard about Ron Paul in a political blog making fun of him for always voting "NO" during sessions of government. In addition to that, they gave him some lame nickname like "No-Way Man" or something. It caught my interest so I read the article and it said that he considers all laws within the framework of the constitution and if they are unconstitutional ideas, he votes them down. Then I laughed at the stupidity and irony of the article making fun of a man who considers the constitution when voting to form new laws. Then I cried because people are so out of touch with pure and functional government.

Die two party system, die.

He may be the one I vote for, even if he does run on the Rep ticket (doubt that).

He seems to be very libertarian.... but that all ends on stuff like immigration.

He does have a habit of casting no votes. Ron Paul wont vote for anything that that inhibits personal rights or simply makes for bigger government. He has his sights set on knocking out existing legislature that serves the same end.

Ron Paul gets blasted for being a bit "out there", but as I see it..... he is what I consider a "true Conservative". He's all about power to the people and the abolishion of the "nanny state".

ONe thing I like about him and always have is his lack of "for sale" sign on the chest. It takes alot of grit to go against the grain the way he does... I respect that.