Greetings All!

ggb

Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself - new to the forum but I've been lurking for a few weeks. First of all, a million thank you's to everyone for your reviews, advice, help, and general banter.

For academic and professional reasons, I'm in the often-frozen wastelands of northern Indiana - not too far from Chicago but too far to justify just hoping on a train to go to a hookah bar. I've visited a few hookah bars and cafes over the years and after a recent visit to one while traveling, I decided it was time for me to take the plunge and get my own set up. Which was relatively painless, given all the good advice I recieved browsing the posts here!

Again, thanks and I look forward to contributing to the discussion.

QUOTE (ghostofdavid @ Mar 27 2007, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
God bless you for visiting one of the best states ever formed...

I am an unabashed Hoosier, though from the Southern/Central side of the state... born and raised in Columbus.

Welcome to the forum! wink.gif

thanks... I tend to get a little worried by southern IN folks... everyone I've met seems to keep waxing poetic about "the rolling hills of the hoosier forest"... growing up in Tennessee and then living in NorCal gives you a different idea about hills and forests.

QUOTE (ggb @ Mar 27 2007, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ghostofdavid @ Mar 27 2007, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
God bless you for visiting one of the best states ever formed...

I am an unabashed Hoosier, though from the Southern/Central side of the state... born and raised in Columbus.

Welcome to the forum! wink.gif

thanks... I tend to get a little worried by southern IN folks... everyone I've met seems to keep waxing poetic about "the rolling hills of the hoosier forest"... growing up in Tennessee and then living in NorCal gives you a different idea about hills and forests.

Haha. Yes. You are exactly right. I used to work in Brown County at a summer camp and while the hills are probably the biggest in Indiana there, they aren't nearly as awesome as the mountains in Tennessee. In turn, those aren't as awesome as the mountains in Colorado, etc.

Tennessee is one of my favorite places to visit. I should plan a weekend trip there, soon.

You know what is funny about Indiana? The people south of Indianapolis almost pretend the people in Indy and north of Indy aren't legitimate Hoosiers.