Making your own flavors

I decided I want to try making a few of my own flavors. I'm gonna be going to a cigar shop 2morrow to buy some pipe tobacco. Anybody have any experience with it? How bout pina colada? maybe mix in some cream of coconut and pineapple juice in with the tobacco. maybe a lil bit of chocolate syrup for chocolate flavored? but I dont want it to be too heavy so should i mix it in with anything else.

Ok, I'm  pipe smoker as well...
You may want to try a vanilla/black cavendish mix (my regular smoke). Add some honey and a little more vanilla extract. The black Cavendish is what your standard balkum riff or capt. black is. It won't taste like any ma'asell ive heard described. It will be STRONG tasting though.
 Generally speaking, you start inhaling pipe tobacco and I suggest you have a place to lay down when you are done...
If you are in a state that grows tobacco I'd suggest finding a farmer, getting some cured leaves and shredding it yourself. Start with something as little processed as possible. You may also want to get shredded bulk cigarette tobacco instead of pipe tobacco as it will be finer and *possibly* less processed (fewer added chemicals) depending on the brand.
Ask your tobacconist about American Spirit. It claims to be additive free, but I've noticed that like processed cigarettes it continues to burn even when not being hit. This means its been treated.
$.02

Most hookah shops have non flavored tobacco the name of what I use is “Moassel Saloum” it’s the same as the other it is just not flavored and it is very strong it is really good for making your own blends I have even been able to come up with some really cool blends using certain types of herbs just make sure they are ok to smoke. I have even came up with a few  medicinal  blends which have been able me when I have a cold .

I guess the question is why would you want to try to make your own mix.
Ma'assel companies spend countless man hours perfecting a flavor. Even
then they sometimes if not most screw up a flavor.  I dont know if
you would actually save money either as you will be wasting quite a bit
of stuff before you may actually get something that is some one
smokeable.

You may have better luck trying to add fruit chunks to an existing
flavor. For instance the pina colada. Use half rations of pineapple and
coconut ma'assel with the fruit chunks. Maybe even garnish with a
cherry. If you insist to start from scratch then try getting Hubble
Bubble, TombeiK, or Zaghloul and add your flavors to them.

hm, i got some chai teabags from my local grocery store, and if some of
the tea is mixed in with any ma'assel, it tastes pretty good, although
if too much is used it can get pretty overwhelming... plus, i'm not
sure if it's healthy or not, i've only smoked it once and didn't bother
checking..

[quote name='evilmaharajah']I have even came up with a few  medicinal  blends which have been able me when I have a cold .[/quote]

That's cool!  Can you offer some details?  Like fresh, dried,
or extracted product?  Did you just sort of guess, or do you have
a background in homeopathy?

E.G.

well as far as pina colada flavor goes, I used al fakher pineapple massell and put ice along with pina colada mix in the base and it was my best experience to date smoking shisha. as far as the rest goes..its not to save money at all...i just want to experiment with new things to see if theres anything i like. I haven't seen chocolate massell yet either and would love to try something new. Im a bit reluctant to use chocolate syrup to mix with the tobacco though since it is pretty thick and I dont want the flavor to linger beyond just trying it. I don't know how well it will wash out of the hoses and the stem. I guess i can try cappuccino flavor and put chocolate milk in the base.

my frirend suggested we put milk in the base, and if we can find, put a chocolate flavor tabacco, a chocolate milk flavor!  but i doubt there are any "chocolate" flavored tabacco... or is there?  what would be good with milk other than that?

woa..milk in a hookah? you'd better make sure you can clean it real real good or its going to taste like sour milk a day or two later...all those little nooks and crannies..not to mention in the hoses....*yuk*