Venting

kornkitten42

ok. not that everyone needs to know, but i am very angry.

I hate it when people try to start stuff with you and you haven't even done anything to them. One of my former employee's at my old job ( i was the head vet tech) is harrassing me. Well... she's harrassing my old friends (former employee's) about me.

I visited my old job the other day to pay on my account and get some meds, ( i used to work at an animal hospital) and this chick is psycho. Getting mad that i am up there PAYING on my account. She's telling people i am up there to instigate stuff and cause problems. Now i am friends w/ 98% of the people that work there including my old boss (the owner of the hospital) and this chick is stirring the pot trying to get me kicked out of the hospital and from stopping by from time to time to visit and talk and pay as a customer on my account.

I dont know what to do as she is the only person up there that is upset with me. Even as her boss i was always very nice and very respectful. Now she's gone on an ego power trip with EVERYONE now that i have left. ( i was the only person there that she was "afraid" of for lack of better terms because i handled my employees complaints and made sure the organization ran smoothly and did my job function as which she is now unable to fufill.)

i am just very upset that she is harrassing me and other employee's about me, and on more than one occasion, has slandered me to the other employees and my clients that still adore me. (i was, not trying to toot my own horn, very dedicated and professional at my job)

i am very upset and not sure if i should pursue legal action, as because of her , my old clients are coming to me and calling me about what she is saying.

what should i do? Edited by kornkitten42

eah, dont bother dude. IF you want to take it that far, by all means go ahead.

At Cirucit City i was Lead Tech (firedog) and when i got a better IT job they spreaded rumors that i tried to hold them to large amounts of money and all sorts of crap. I still shop their *discounts* but hey just dish them out as they come dry.gif oh ya

i wouldnt let it bother ya. let her go on her little power trip. as long as the people u worked with all know that what she is saying is total bs then its really not worth getting upset over. by getting upset, she wins. i say kill her with kindness. dont start bashing her back. talk to ur ex co-workers and let them know she is full of it.

How bizzare. blink.gif At a vets office? I might expect that stuff in the corporate world, but come the f*ck on... a vets office?

Yeah, perhaps just confront her directly. Do it as politely and professionally as humanly possible, and make sure not to get angry or emotional while you are doing it. If you call her on her B.S. in a way that shows you are not phased by it, it might get better. Other than that, just ignore/kill with kindness as others have said.

One of the most important lessons in life is learning how to choose a worthy adversary. This chick ain't worth the trouble. wink.gif

hahahahah! that's classic!!

i know this chick isn't worth my time, but i can't help but be frustrated by it. I will most likely ignore her , or at least for now, but i also have a pet sitting business. MY clients are coming to me about rumors she is speading,(they still bring their animals to the vets office...) and it's hurting my business and reputation. I just don't know exactly how to handle her, because i don't know exactly what she's capable of, or her motive in doing such. You know?

Very frustrating , Im sure.

Things like this also have a way of presenting an opportunity for you to find out who is a true friend.

By taking the high road and letting this person fire all the shots.... you will take on a visage of innocence. Let theose that are important to you see thru her childishness. The ones that take her side will have played their cards and you will not be betrayed by them in the future when there might be more at stake.

You are having a "crucible" moment. Trial by fire.

well, I know some people, that know some people, that know some people...
...jk...

Seriously though, maybe confront her about it, try to "clear the air", even though you don't want to be nice about it, kill her with kindness so that she does not continue to spread rumors or start sh!t. I would definitely NOT fuel the fire...

I've had a problem in the past with someone at work, and just "cleared the air" and after that maintained a professional working relationship with that person. Even though deep down I despised that person...you sometimes have to just kill them with kindness...how does that saying go...keep your friends close, and your enemies closer...!

Cheers!