Smoking Said

Hey guys and gals! It has been a while since I updated you on my broken machine, Said. Yeah, I name em'. Several months ago I tipped him over (at floor level luckily) and broke the blow-valve off. In fact the whole assembly came out since it broke the welds that held it on. If you have never seen it or don't understand, just look at the blow valve. Underneath the valve, there is a thin tube it is attached to. That thin tube goes all the way down to the underside of the metal base that is exposed to the inside of the glase bottle. Well, the whole assembly popped out when the welds broke. I finally went to work on it this morning. I was in no big hurry since I have 3 back-ups (Habibi, Omar, and Mustafa-my newest). Habibi has been my work-hors lately and needs a rest. Well, I inserted (carefully) the blow valve and tube bach through the body, held it in place and laid a thick bead of Hysol 2-part Epoxy around both ends of it. After several hours, I'm smoking Said once again. And let me tell you: he has never smoked better! The epoxy isn't too noticeable. It dries semi-clear, but with a milky haze (kinda like someone was too excited to see it) but hard to see unless you sniff your machine before use.
With luck the fix will be durable.
Happy hookahing!
MR Bubble

We'll just see how long the Hysol works. We got permission from the Depot in Corpus Christi to use it to fill in a gouge on a gearbox on a helicopter once. Worked like a charm. Now that stuff gets hot.
MR Bubble