Happy Mlk Jr Day.

I have just finished listening to the some 16 minute speech given by King in '63. Man, talk about powerful rhetoric. I mean that in a completely unnegative way. It was refreshing (and burdensome) to hear someone pleaing for something and actually mean it with no hidden agenda and without conspiracy. I think one can listen to it on line, google for it. Listen to it at least once a year.

Rev. King is one of the greatest men to ever live. He had his human failures as we all do. His detractors like to point those out, but most of his detractors like the closet gay J. Edgar Hoover had a lot more of those than he did.
Racism has always been so incredibly lame to me that I really never grasped how anyone that is intelligent could ever really think that way. It defies comon sense and rationale.
To me he was pointing out the obvious. Unfortunately there were so many people oblivious to the obvious. It says much more about them than it did him. RIP Rev. King, you were a great man that got out and did something instead of just sit back and bitch about it.

Humans have been 'de-humanizing' each other for all time in order to justify trying to gain an advantage at another's expense, from war & slavery since there were 2 tribes to the inequities of the present. THAT is how so many of the tragedies that make headlines in today's world come to be angry.gif

The fact that some of us realize how stupid it is, and try to challenge that common misconception, is the one redeeming tendency that MAY save us one day unsure.gif
We can only hope...

QUOTE (Scalliwag @ Jan 15 2007, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rev. King is one of the greatest men to ever live. He had his human failures as we all do. His detractors like to point those out, but most of his detractors like the closet gay J. Edgar Hoover had a lot more of those than he did.
Racism has always been so incredibly lame to me that I really never grasped how anyone that is intelligent could ever really think that way. It defies comon sense and rationale.
To me he was pointing out the obvious. Unfortunately there were so many people oblivious to the obvious. It says much more about them than it did him. RIP Rev. King, you were a great man that got out and did something instead of just sit back and bitch about it.