Bush- "the Decider"

Scalliwag

QUOTE (SanguineSolitude @ Jan 29 2007, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i believe the v for vendetta quote you were looking for was that

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."

which is a very true statement. Locke, jefferson, Washington, etc. would all have agreed with it, after all when their government went corrupt they broke away from it with force.

That is the one. I knew what it was and who paraphrased it... I meant to project that what I said and what the "V" quote was were two different ones. The first quote that I actually typed out was overheard in a local gun store.

I love that movie (and Alan Moore's graphic novel...) and "Watchmen" the graphic novel. Have you read either of them, SS?

QUOTE (Afortunado @ Jan 30 2007, 04:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Scalliwag @ Jan 23 2007, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You beat me to it on Afghanistan Sangy! Afghanistan is a failure and will be even worse off in the next two years. The Taliban has strongholds in several areas there.
I strongly disagree that Kerry would not have attacked the Taliban in Afghanistan but we will not know that answer for certain. One certain answer that we do know is that Kerry was brave enough to personally go into combat in Vietnam while Bush avoided it by a very common strategy. Gore went to Vietnam. Cheney got five defferments because he was a coward as well.

To say "you feel" that his political opponent would have done better or worse is a guessing game. We KNOW what Bush has done and he has failed. We know Bush and Cheney have never personally faced enemy fire and that they showed lack of courage when their actual asses could have been there. Remember both Bush and Cheney supported the Vietnam war.

So you got it right that Bush did the right thing by "going into" Afghanistan, but Afghanistan is failing and in turn he is failing there.
Again I ask where his successes are? Winning elections? That is all I see and I am not so sure about the first one.

Not to bash Scalliwag, but Kerry went to war? His "I served my country" was a farce. Not that I'm a big fan of Bush either, but lets keep things straight. His own unit brought to light that lie in a book. Kerry didn't serve. Not in the sense of the word.

Not to imply that you are one, but the approach to politics, by the neo-conservative (i.e. money green conservatives) media in general (which constitutes 80% of the media) is to muddy issues, not presenting clear facts, but in fact innuendo and unsubstantiated opinions. The best evidence on the issue, from the pentagon, shows Kerry did serve. Neo-conservative crap in the field, if you read books and magazines and listen to cable news, Kerry didn't serve, and Iraq had WMD, but indeed they shipped to the terrorist cells in the United States. They are all lies, meant to distract people from obvious flaws on their side. Bush is as guilty as Ken Lay for insider trading. Did it come out in either election? Nope. Even if you say, he was never tried, he couldn't be guilty, how do you explain the SEC's probe into him specifically? We should have at least heard there was an investigation into him and most of the Bush family, but that would embarass people at Fox News, the elected and appointed officials in Florida, not to mention old George H. Bush. The neo-conservative media is focusing on the details aboard Kerry's military service, and Clinton's blowjobs avoiding glaring problems with George W. running for president. What's more important to the people in an election? A person being investigated for insider trading and security fraud or the actual conditions under which a person served in Vietnam? I'd say the former speaks alot more to the person's character and honesty...and we've all begun to discovcer what a dishonest, corrupt liar George W. Bush is. IF the media had covered the elections more appropriatetly, we would have been able to see better (although not clearly, perhaps) that George Bush would be bad for the country., before we elected him (yes, I know, he wasn't elected in the first election, thanks, democrats).

Kerry, in every sense of the word, was a more patriotic and honorable individual than Bush. The neo-conservative media with their green-money bias smeared and muddied a good, but admittedly boring (and probably not destined to be the greatest president in our history) man. While George W. was portrayed as an honest and noble man. What's really hilarious is that the rest of the world laughs at our media as obviously self-serving and corrupt and we let them guide us to make a choice during elections. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Even if Kerry didn't serve as he claimed... Bush was a fucking coward. He left the country so as not to be involved in the war. The issue isn't whether Kerry fulfilled the position that he claims, and by the way being the boat driver was one of the most dangerous jobs in the war, but rather whether Bush should have been elected/ is a good president. He lied, flat out lied to U.S Citizens, right to our face. There were no WMDs, there wasn't enough evidence to make us think so. IRAQ IS NOT AFGHANISTAN where we originally started the war, and the connections between the two do not hold strong enough for us to have cause to invade Iraq. Why are we there? I understand his decision in going into afghanistan, but why are we in Iraq? Cheney is no better either. You know in order for companies to recieve a contract to go to work for the government they go through a bidding process, until whomever gives the lowest bid, the government gives them the contract. At least this is how it is supposed to work, but it has not with cheney in office. The deals now are immediately given to Haliburton, Cheneys previous employer which he still owns a great amount of stock in. Wow, isnt that a coincedence.

I don't care if we have a woman president. I just care about having the best president possible. Man, woman, black, white, ninja or pirate... it doesn't matter. As long as it is the best person for the job.