First post. Hookah situation status: ouch

Hi, this is my first post here.
I ordered a hookah from wholesaleorient (ebay user id) and ended up receiving a poorly made brass POS that was severely dented in two places on the stem rendering it unusable.  The seller claims it was shipping damage, which it may have been.  The pic on the guys listing looked good, but in reality it looks downright nasty (cheap glue and falling apart decorativeness all over in addition to a stem pipe that doesn't look too safe to smoke out of). How much did that sh*t cost?  Lets just say I paid up the ass without any lube. 
The guy says he's gonna file a damage complaint with the shipping co, but I figure my money is prolly lost already there.  So I ordered a stem/vase from hookahhookah and some al fakher and lemon charcoal from social smoke, which is what I should have done to begin. (sorry mr bubble, i know they're theives)
Hopefully it will all arrive some day and I'll get to smoke from the hookah!
[img]http://www.statwhore.net/files/hookah/PICT1.jpg[/img]
(damaged hookah)

it tends be that the simplest hookahs are generally the most
functional, glass balls and chains are pretty, but everytihng you add
on is another thing that can break, go a pic of the new hookah you
ordered?

• 2 weeks later...
The hookah I ordered from hookahhookah.com arrived along with the Al Fakhertobacco from socialsmoke.  Although the hookah works great it seems that it is not actually stainless steel as advertised.  It is not magnetic and looks like it is brass or copper inside the inner pipe.  Social smoke seems to be based in texas while hookahhookah is in georgia.  So shipping time differs a little there.
As for smoking I have noticed that I get buzzed pretty easily and then after it wears off I am so sleepy it is difficult to stay awake.  I noticed that during sleep it seems to affect the ability to discern reality from dreams.  Basically dreams seem more real - one time I thought I was still on the computer chatting on IM until I woke up.
Also my heart felt kind of achey after a 3 bowl smoking session the other nite.  I think I'm going to stick to once a week now.  Al Fakher is great btw.  So far I've tried apple and grape.
[img]http://www.statwhore.net/files/hookah/silverweardreams.jpg[/img]

ive been told magnetic cant necessarily determin stainless steel,
however the 'stainless steel hookah i got from hookah-shisha definitely
is not, the scratches are yellow underneath, like brass

QUOTE: "(sorry mr bubble, i know they're theives) [img]http://hookahforum.com/forum/smileys/smiley24.gif[/img]"
Hugh? I'm lost. I guess you confused me with someone else
By the way, that nasty dent doesn't look like it was done in shipping unless there was a hole in the box. That edge should be one tough area. They sent you a P.O.S obviously. My Syrian machine I got from Taqseem on ebay is a little less than desireable too, even though they are quite pretty.
MR Bubble

Josh, you made a mistake buying that hookah from Hookah-Hookah. 
You should have chose one with the Persian stem because these come with
auto-seal system in the valves!  Regular multi-hose are terrible
because when smoking with others, you have to keep the hose tip covered
while someone else smokes!

You're kidding, right? I've bought accessories from them before (hookahook) and had better service than some companies here in the states. I also correspond with him periodically (Shadi) and find him a pretty good Joe. Pitty.
MR Bubble

most stainless steel isnt magnetic. if it is stainless its probably
pretty cheap stuff and not to mention extruded/cast/welded not machined
from solid stock.

PS, to be more specific, austenitic grades of stainless are not
magnetic (304, 316, etc). the other stainless grades ARE magnetic
(ferritic, martensitic, duplex). however, austenitic is the most
commonly found (non magnetic).

Ahh yea SORRY I thought the guy was ignoring my emails but apparently his country's prime minister was assassinated and there was a week long work strike.  My mistake!  He has agreed to reimburse me for the broken stem.  I have no grievance about him or his company any longer.