Why do you smoke?

NERV

Plain and simple, i smoke because i love hookah.  i love sitting with my friends and talking about everything and anything.  Our discussions varry from Video Games, to Politics, to school, and religion. Hookah is just fun and brings everyone together where they can feel free to voice their opinion in a friendly and open environment.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='HookahCaterpillar']The person who took all the precautions..didnt smoke, drink, do drugs, take any risks, eat healthy foods, the whole 9 he may live a little bit longer but then again he may get hit by a bus crossing the street.[/quote]
Thats a really good way of looking at life, i never looked at it that way. It has seriously made me reconsider the way i look at life
Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Shisha is the greatest way to pass the time. I live in a place where there isnt much to do, and me and all my friends jsut love sitting down in the park or at someones house jsut blowing O's. the main reason i smoke shisha is the social aspect and blowing O's.. circles jsut facinate me soo much..lol

• 2 weeks later...
I generally like tobacco as it is, but I really like shisha. I've tried lots of different types of tobacco, pipes, cigars, dip, chew, nasal snuff, cigarettes, etc., but by far my favorite is shisha. (Cigs would be my least favorite, yech. Even the nasal snuff rates higher than that.)

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Alqoshnia']Im on the same boat as most of you, that smoking nargilah just helps soothe the end of the day and helps break barriers. To me I think nargilah is more of a respected smoke such as maybe cigars or pipes as opposed to cigs etc. I dunno maybe its just me, but I hate these little kids that smoke it for weed or coke or stupid sh*t like that. I understand that the orginal nargilahs were made for opium and such but even then they had a more respect to it than these kids that smoke it nowadays and treat it like a bong. BUT like I said maybe its just me.[/quote] I too hate it when kids are smoking weed and crap out of it. I hate the fact that when I start talking to people about it, the few that tried it smoked pot out of it. I guess I hold my hookah as a sacred thing. Like a temple. My hookah is a place where people gather and have one understanding. They begin to share thoughts with eachother and find out that we are not so different in this world. But to have someone disgrace my hookah almost makes me feel sorry for humanity because i feel that if everyone could just feel the way i do when i smoke my hookah that perhaps, if only for an instant, we can live in some sort of harmony. Some sort of brotherhood. Some sort of deep understanding that goes beyond our physical selves. That's why i get upset at people when they smoke illegal drugs out of my hookah, they are defacing my temple and all that it represents

Very well put Verata.I like the way that it breaks social barriers since i'm usually a shy person until i really get to know people, but the hookah just seems to make everybody a personal friend even if i havent known them long. (example: in the hookah bar the night i tried it i started talking to the people that were next to us...i never do that!)

yup, i second frontmanpb. althought im not normally shy, my first experience with shisha at our local lounge reulted in me meeting 2 girls and getting to know them quite well. we just started talking to them and the rest was history!But yeah, i smoke for the taste and the relaxation. Also with friends, i love the social atmosphere. a few weeks back, we had a "shisha night" and it was a great atmosphere, just sat around layed our across sofa's with my mates, smoking and talking about anything and everything.

I find it most relaxing and great way to bring together people who normally would have no other reason to gather. I wouldn't say I am "addicted" but I sure love my Shisha. I am at university now and it has become harder and harder to find people who are willing to smoke, surprisingly enough! Anyway hookah is one of the simple pleasures that get lost in an increasing demanding world, I also love the obscurity of it. It's not like many of the other more popular college pastimes.