Not A Good Idea To Have This Forum

Lakemonster

I see a rather contraversial thread has dissappeared.

I actually was surprised to see it go...... I understand that it had a religeous base to it, but I was surprised how well it went for something so sensetive.

Anyway... serious disscussions are usually debateable ones.... with debate comes passion. Things can get heated.

Having this forum and expecting folks not to carry on debates about very touchy subjects is like handing a knife to a 4 year old and expecting them not to cut themselves.

Theres only three things that can happen here.

1. Delete Serious Disscussions

2. Formulate a rule system for this forum that regulates civil debates.....even on subjects that are touchy. Over dictating WHAT can be talked about sort of negates the value.

3. Let it ride and have problems with posts and members, making this forum (SD) to be the one passed over like the plague "cuz you'll get in trouble in there" or "Its not worth the effort to post cuz it will end up deleted".

This is not my house, its just a suggestion. Just ask y'all to think about it.

Funny you should mention that..i was going to see what folks in general thought of eliminating the Serious Forum all together.

Lets face it, this is supposed to be a forum about somehting relaxing like smoking hookahs and chilling. I think we should keep the topics friendly, informative, and fun.

I'm going to post a larger thread f this in the main area for all to see and comment on.