Pipe Smoking

DizzyGuy

Well, here's the thing... I got a sampler pack of pipe tobacco recently because I wanted to experiment with some.... Here's the thing, though. I don't own a pipe. I stopped by the local pipe shop today and yeah, expensive as shit for pipes. Or atleast I wasn't expecting them to be that expensive. Asking about a beginner pipe he showed me some $35 + ones... Anyone know what is a decent price for a beginner pipe? I mean, I guess worst case I can get the one from Walgreens or wal-mart or something... but any advice from people out there? Maybe someone want to ship a pipe to me if there is a good place to buy around ya?

Corncob pipe.. Always a favorite of mine. Cheap, and flavourless.. eBay.

Cheap screen? Dollar store.. They make 'teaspoons' for loose leaf tea.. Break one off, remove the screen, and mould.. Nickle plated brass. NEVER copper, it's against the law. ;-) Edited by stevehookah

You should be able to find something called a "basket pipe" for around $10. THey are just seconds from lower end manufacturers.. nothing wrong with them really.....

If you dont mind an estate pipe, (used, U clean) then PM me your mailing addy. I always have a few around that I pick up at markets and stuff. I'll send you one.

lake... do you have any nice estates that youd be willing to sell for like 15-20 bucks? preferably bent stem.

i have a straight stemmed that i dont like much. its a decent quality brindisi but id really ratehr have a bent stemmed pipe. if youd be willing, im definately interested. Edited by SanguineSolitude

QUOTE (SanguineSolitude @ Dec 12 2006, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh and yeah 30 for a beginner is a good price. BUT you might wanna buy a corncob $2.00 to experiment and see if you like smoking first.

Yeah, I'm looking for something to be able to tell if I like smoking a pipe or not

I've MADE corn cob pipes.... Not that hard.... Buy corn on the cob, eat most of it. LOL! Cut a middle section out about 4 inches, and use a knife to cut off the kernels. Don't 'scrap', but slice down the edges like a pine apple.. Take a pen knife; aka pering knife, to cut out the core. No need for perfection here, just make a hole about the size of your pinky all the way down to about 1/2 inch from the bottom...

heat your oven to 250.. put the 'bowl' on a cookie sheet or sheet of foil and put it in the oven for about an hour. Aka, dry it out.. Carve a hole for a piece of copper tube.

GL

Corncob is probably the way to go. $2-$3 should get you one. If you like it, great. You can buy a good pipe for <$100. If you hate it, you're only out a couple dollars. But if you buy a beginner pipe for $30 and like smoking, you'll proably end up ditching it for a better pipe. If you buy a $30 pipe and hate it, you've got a new paperweight. Either way, you're out $30.

Cliffsnotes: corncob