Post black friday....

DizzyGuy

So yeah, Black Friday was BUSY AS HELL. I ended up working almost 14 hours. I was literally starting to twitch as I left... But the good thing is, I picked up 9 DVDs for about $45, and that is without my employee discount biggrin.gif I got AeonFlux, Underworld Evolution, Harry Potter 1, 2, and 3, Pink Panther, and Batman Begins for under $4 each and Wedding Crashers and Scary Movie 4 for $8 each... there was some seriously awesome deals this weekend, but I'm glad it's over... HOOKAH TIME!

I took Friday off. Went up to Boston with a friend for the day. We went to the mall but after ten minutes we just said 'Screw this' and just hung around on the streets all day. Now I feel like shit, well, that's what I get for hanging around the streets of Boston (brr) right at the start of Winter.

I worked Black Friday two years ago at Circuit City it was miserable. But this black friday I went to macy's, sure I had to park 1/4 a mile from the mall and wait in line forever, but I got awesome deals so I'm happy. Macy's was the only place with a line longer then 5 minutes, by 10am Best Buy and Frys was pretty empty.

I have been alive for more than 30 years and I have NEVER heard to it referred to as Black Friday...is this something the media propaganda machine invented for this year or is it an expression that just wasn't used in California until this year OR am I just insane?

Its been black Friday for as long as I can remember. The day after Thanksgiving is the largest shopping day of year and so it puts the retail companies back in the black (out of the red) so they run a bunch of insane sales every year to increase the hype.

when i first started working it was refered to as green friday, but if you have to work it, it's called black friday. i took that day off and went to the Motley Crue/Areosmith concert that night and had a blast!!!!

my stupid work calls it green friday because it puts us in the "green".
Someone got in a fight over a moniter and punched a guy. I hate it.
People bitch and complain the whole time like they didn't relize how fast we run out of our sale products and how long the line will be.
I wish i didn't have to work that day...but it's a manditory work day for every single person that works at our store.