De-Gurgled Mya Mod

Lakemonster

I so wanna try this with one of my Mya acrylics!!!!! haha If i send it to you will you do it for me!? I dont have one of those fiddle faddle tools you got there.

And of course there will be some tasty compensation

if yall wanna do something like that you can make a diffuser instead. Thats really cool what you did though! but you coulda made a diffuser- which is removable and is not permanent on your hookah like cuttingholes into the stem is.

You could.....

I made cuts to try a different idea akin to a piece of firearms technology.

You can drill small holes if you have a drill press with a vise and some short bits. That MYA downstem is surprising rigid. Trying to drill it out without a vice at the very least will be like a monkey f%&kin a football. You'd be all over the place.

I have made homemade diffusers in the past with round holes......... but for some reason......... making cuts creates a different animal.

Dont ask me why........ I dont have the degree in that field.

QUOTE (levinmiester)
instead of making slices like that, couldnt you drill a lot of small boar'd holes?

Instead of smal boar'd holes, couldn't you make slices? Same difference, guess it's just a matter of personal preferance.

I disliked my homemade diffuser mainly because of the clogging effect. Every once in a while some tobacco would slowly make its way down my stem from the bowl, and get trapped in my diffuser. After a while of doing this, it eventually got clogged up pretty good, and I had to pretty much toss out my diffuser.

I like your idea though Lake. Very clevar.

*Edit* Lake himself beat me to the response.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
good idea man, 2 of my stems have balls welded on the bottom - that prevents me from making a diffusers like I have on the non-balled one (Guniess draft = yum)....

but I'm worried w/ the extra space... one stem lives in a large eygptian base, it's got so little airspace already... hum, something to think about

Danke! Now.... where did I hide my Dremel....