Failocaust discussion

benny

QUOTE (benny)
but that pic offends me

:?: and why is that? Its a warning label from a stroller, telling you not to let your kid get his head stuck. Then it got turned into a FAIL picture. Now its failocaust.

How is that offensive. Its just for a laugh bro. Ill remove it if it up sets you that much.

I can understand why benny finds that pic offensive. Think about it... it looks like german neo-nazi propoganda... failocaust - holocaust. It just seems like they are trying to say the holocaust was a failure... I could have had family in the holocaust (not sure). Also the babies in the flames part... something that occured in the holocaust. Maybe I am just being paranoid.

QUOTE (JoeLipinski)
I can understand why benny finds that pic offensive. Think about it... it looks like german neo-nazi propoganda... failocaust - holocaust. It just seems like they are trying to say the holocaust was a failure... I could have had family in the holocaust (not sure). Also the babies in the flames part... something that occured in the holocaust. Maybe I am just being paranoid.

yeah..... :roll: you are way off on that one. laugh.gif Failocaust has nothing to do with the Nazis.
the only relation is the fact that holocaust means mass devastation, mostly by fire.
knock off the holo and you add the Fail to it.
we are talking about holocaust with a lower case h, not the WWII history. :wink:
I find it funny, but its also because I know the background of where the pic came from.

so in closing, nobody should be offended by this. It has nothing to do with history.

What happened to this thread??? It started out real nicely, Tangiers was right, Tangiers is omnisicent, Tangiers is good and it degenerated into something about guns and people being offended.

Problem is, if we remove everything offensive to somebody, nothing is left.

Sorry the Hookah Hookah is working out for you...you can always have Tangiers, man. Its OK.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (JoeLipinski)

That was exactly what i found offensive...

Im not the only one, hanging babies, fire, and "anythin-o-caust" rings close to home, and in this context was IMO hugely unnecessary and contributed FUK all...

And sonthert, u know i luv ya, but silence is golden! I think if nothing remains if contraversial stuff is removed, then nothing ought to have been said at all.

I can understand dissatisfaction with HH, but i didnt see any relevance to failocaust? Unless HH uses babies as labourers, or in their shisha or somethin.

Ok im ranting ill shaddap

I disagree. Your censorship of free speech offends me...so, don't do it. (sarcastic) Who wins? Do we have no free speech or all free speech? I find the picture to be a little more anti-halocaust than pro-halocaust, so I can only construe your opposing it as being in favor of the halocaust, which also offends me. You interpreted it to mean something that other people may or not see.

Until people can say offensive things and people can say things that annoy other people freely, facism will always be a threat. Open communication without fear of censorship stops halocausts. Facist regimes can'ttake the light of day, they are roaches...when free speech shines down on them ,they scatter. When you start restricting free speech, then the smaller, weaker groups have to start worrying about stormtroopers. Basic history lesson. Read some history about that jackass Goebbels, Nazi propaganda minister.

From everyone's favorite tertiary source, Wikipedia!:

"Goebbels began to regulate all forms of artistic expression, banishing Jewish writers, journalists and artists from Germany's cultural life. He took control of the news media, making sure that it presented Germany's domestic and foreign policy aims in terms of Nazi ideology. He played probably the most important role in creating an atmosphere in Germany that made it possible for the Nazis to "clean" the Reich of Jews, homosexuals and other minorities."

It sounds like you agree with Goebbels, then...regulate artistic expression, silence opposing viewpoints. This entire forum is made up of controversial stuff, we remove it, nothing is left. Don't try to cow me and don't try to silence me. You have said a number of things that I find offensive over the posts you have put up here, maybe you are the one that needs observe silence is golden. You only say "Silence is Golden." when the subjects in question offend or please you...don't be so self-centered and sanctimonius. Of course, since we are living in a free speech zone, I guess you can say whatever pro-Nazi crap you want. I find it shocking for another Jewish person to be supporting Nazi propaganda premises, though.

If you want to take free speech up further, please feel free to do so, on the serious discussion forum. I find your pointing these things out that have no bearing on hookah to be misplaced.

In fact, this post got a little heavy, so I'm going to cut these pieces out and send them over to the serious discussion section.

I still love you, even though you support Nazi doctrine.

I can understand you being offended. But there's a difference between the world holocaust, and The Holocaust. A holocaust is, by definition:
1. a great or complete devastation or destruction, esp. by fire.
2. a sacrifice completely consumed by fire; burnt offering.
3. (usually initial capital letter) the systematic mass slaughter of European Jews in Nazi concentration camps during World War II (usually prec. by the).
4. any mass slaughter or reckless destruction of life.

The picture it self could still say holocaust and it would be still be accurate to babies dieing when trying to escape their strollers, but I think they decided to make it a fail picture instead, seeing as the babies failed at escaping.

Does that make sense to anyone else?

Thank you Worr Lord, in my most recent post, please replace every instance of the word "halocaust" with the word "Halocaust", since Halocaust would refer to the Nazi atrocites of WWII, which is what the intent of my usage was.

Good point, Dr. Websters.

i couldnt be fucked reading all of sonthert's post. [Edit - i did end up reading it]

I just saw it as unnecessary...

The thread was about the shortcomings of HH tobacco. He didnt say they failed, specifically, in anything to make any image of a "failocaust" relevant.

It was, and is a stupid image, and was somethin stupid and insensitive to post in my opinion. I dont have to justify anythin with any logical reason, it offends me, end of story.

Sonthert, you diverted completely off the course of my point. Where did i question free speech. Dont give me irrelevant hypotheticals please, i never asked him to remove it, i purely stated my disliking of the image.

You're posting incredibly long messages, about something i see as irrelevant to what i started saying. I only said i found it offensive, no more. Are you trying to limit my free speech? I never impinged on any free speech rights of the dude, I am equally entitled to the right to express any dissatisfaction, or offense taken by anybody elses 'free speech'.

you're "perfect logic" is purely contrived. I never asked it to be removed. Thus i never restricted anyones free speech. Thus you're wrong. And suggesting that i support nazi thinkings.... Are you tryin to insult me? or insinuate your clear underlying thoughts about Israel being the modernized Nazi state [given you know my opinion on the political situation there]?

I said silence is golden, in reply to you sayin if we remove everything contraversial, but i never implicitly meant that the pic should be removed. And i myself would have observed silence, and not posted anythin in the Original thread, had i not been offended by anyone elses free speech.

Nononononono. No.

"I can understand you being bothered crap shisha, but that pic offends me"

You posted the sentence that started this entire thing with the sheer intent to make sure everybody knew you were angry. You had every intent to have that picture removed, and the terseness of the statement gives you away. If it (the picture) had dissapeared, you would have undoubtedly followed with up more statements about how it (the picture) never should have been posted to begin with. Just because you "never asked it to be removed" doesn't mean your intent was hidden behind your technicalities.

Thats my .5 cents. (I generally don't carry pennies)

QUOTE (benny)
I just saw it as unnecessary...

It was, and is a stupid image, and was somethin stupid and insensitive to post in my opinion. I dont have to justify anythin with any logical reason, it offends me, end of story.

Sonthert, you diverted completely off the course of my point. Where did i question free speech. Dont give me irrelevant hypotheticals please, i never asked him to remove it, i purely stated my disliking of the image.

you're "perfect logic" is purely contrived. I never asked it to be removed. Thus i never restricted anyones free speech. Thus you're wrong.  

I said silence is golden, in reply to you sayin if we remove everything contraversial, but i never implicitly meant that the pic should be removed. And i myself would have observed silence, and not posted anythin in the Original thread, had i not been offended by anyone elses free speech.

Easy, Turbo...I'm a little dizzy here...

1. He was trying to express his failure issue with a graphic, hence failocaust.

2. It offends you, and it you find it insensitive. Also, you never asked him to remove it...he asked you if he should remove it.

Why would you say "It offends me."? Sure, its your opinion, you have the right to state it, but most people only state an opinion with an agenda. If I stated the opinion "That picture makes me want to pee." you'd ask "What was that guy thinking?", its sensible, when somebody states an opinion, its with intent. So what was the point of "That offends me"? If you say none, then your point was extraneous and without substance of content. If you did have an intention, it must have fallen under the category of regulating Scheetz's artistic selection for his posts, chastising him for what you call offensive.

Who said anything about you wanting the picture removed? I never said you wanted it removed. Scheetz asked you if you wanted him to remove it...I never mentioned it. Was that your intention of your objecting to it? That has become a knee-jerk reaction, hasn't it? That offends me...well, I'm sorry to offend you, I'll remove/destroy/delete/edit it. Exactly what Scheetz did.

Your opinion of the graphic seem to have a direction "offensive, unneccessary, stupid and insensitive" are words you have used. I have a mild opinion about the picture, I didn't care for it...Big difference. Who cares if you're offended (not you specifically, but any particular person). Scheetz liked the image to get his point across or though it looked cool.

If I went to an elementary school and said "Fuck!" loudly, what am I likely to experience? Some teacher will come out and say "That type of language is offensive, please watch your langage." As in, don't say fuck again.

It seems clear that your comment was an effort to get people to avoid such references, in the future, and/or remove the offending material. That would be a form of regulation and fall back to my reference, regarding Nazi propaganda. You never did ask to have it removed, but your intent seems clear. Thus, I was right.

Webster's, Regulate: "To reduce to order, method or uniformity."

I hope you appreciate, the joking tone I have in my posting here, I mean it with a tinge of bitter cynicism, but a hearty laugh. Don't take it too personally.

QUOTE (Scheetz)
so, ummm. Does this make things easier to understand??  

and I completely agree with what tangiers is saying. WTF, he is right most of the time. Are you GOD?

I saved that image for if HH people come back smile.gif

Conspiracy theories left right and centre.

I can freely say i didnt like it, without conciously wanting to have it removed.

You can assume whatever motives you want, you're soundin a bit like the nazis too, assuming that Jews wanted to take over the world? [edit that was actually that russian book 'prophecies of the elders of zion]

What conspiracy theories are those?

You can indeed say you don't like something, but you said it offended you...are you now saying that using the term in both of your responses was too strong? You shouldn't use the word offended unless you want to make the point that you want their behavior stopped or rectified, at least thats how I see it.

Who said anything about Jews taking over the world? Is there some post that you are referencing that has been deleted or edited? You first said something about me believing that Israel was the modern Nazi state (which I don't believe...Israel is alot weaker) and now you are implying that myself or other people are implying there is some conspiracy of Jewish people to take over the world...are you crazy? You seem to be reading things into what people are saying that aren't there...they have medicines for paranoia now, I think...or they should. Nobody said the Jews are trying to take over the world, except you. We aren't sounding like Nazis...we sound like people dedicated to freedom, democracy and free speech, the opposite of Nazis. If you are prejudiced or a bigot and assume that everyone who disagrees with you is a Nazi or has Nazi ideals, then I could understand you saying we are sounding like Nazis...or another possibility is you don't fully understand Nazi Germany...they were opposed to adults speaking freely without other people telling them what was appropriate. I don't think either is the case, since any fair, reasonable, sane, rational person would realize this conversation would be the last one a Nazi would be wanting to have. smile.gif

Or are you just name calling to cow people again? smile.gif I for one don't care what you call me, it doesn't change my opinion and it doesn't give you any power over me to alter how I will express myself. You don't have that right and a few nasty names won't stop me. tongue.gif

I beleive you mean "The Protocols Of The Elders Of Zion", a political tool that the Tsars used to create anti-semetism.

Why is it whenever you speak, it inevitibly turns to how 'everyone hates the Jews'? And not even anything against YOU, just the ways various governments have tried to screw the Jewish nations over the years. I can imagine you being nothing but bitter and old based on the ways you speak.

Hey, hey! I don't hate Jews. Without Jews, we'd be missing some of the greatest thinkers, teachers, scholars, philanthropists and contributors to the world. Thats why I always selfishly say all the Jewish people should move to the US...the rewards we'd reap from such an influx would be enormous!

Besides, I may be bitter and old, but I...what was that third thing!?

Oh hell, I'm sorry Tangy! I was referring to benny actually.

"You can assume whatever motives you want, you're soundin a bit like the nazis too, assuming that Jews wanted to take over the world? [edit that was actually that russian book 'prophecies of the elders of zion]"

Sorry about that <_>

Sonthert: look up the word Offend in the dictionary. http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=de...le+Search&meta=

My offense does not, as i see it, suggest anythin more then how i FELT, past tense, about something said. It has no connotation to any future action. If you're yankee english sees it differently, im sorry!

Im not saying that you, or anyone else on here expressed the thought that jews are taking over the world.

I am simply saying YES i was offended. HOWEVER I dont, and never did see my own personal offence, to be enough to warrant removing it.

Why would you say "It offends me."? Sure, its your opinion, you have the right to state it, but most people only state an opinion with an agenda.

This is a forum of public opinion and expression. We're all here to share our opinions on things, unless YOU have a secret agenda to sell stuff :wink: :wink: (I AM JOKING). I came here to learn, and give my opinon on stuff discussed. I didnt come here with any intention to change anyone, or manipulate them to see things the way i do. Its pretty simple.

YOU think that I had some "secret agenda" to have anythin i find offensive removed from the forum, apparently, Which is simply not the case.

I was then, paralleling your assumtions of my ulteria motives, with a simmilar thinkin to Nazi's, being the Russian tsars and the like, who liked to assume, or tried to paint assumptions about a people, upon them, the namely assumption in the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, being that we want to secretly control the world. Sorry if that wasnt clear.

You were simply paralleling my offense taken, somehow to a nazi mindset. I was simply comparing YOUR mindset, that i had a hidden agenda, to a people, who also liked to make assumptions on peoples motives, behind their actions.

And macho, I didnt Use the example of the protocols, to gain empathy or anything about jew-haters. Israel bashing and jew hating are two generally separate topics, though the former can equate to the latter, in some instances.

Im 20. Where have i ever said a government tries to screw jews specifically :S?

I aint bitter, but if you're the goth, as suggested by your sig, i'd take it that you're more bitter then i.

And further macho, what did your post contribute at all? I mean, do you have anythin intellectual to add? I can think you're a miserable jerk, and whatever else i want, but i generally wouldnt voice it...